Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, clear about loaned Corps/fleets situation.
    In the meantime - could you check last French land turn, I`m little bit confused with this (not that Bernadot`s forces are besieging Valencia instead of Copenhagen, but other things).
    Nicopolis - 1M joins depot garrison (Depot was placed in Nicopolis this turn?)
    Saxon Corps moving to Bucharest and back to Belgrade - on map that we have Bucharest is in 522 area not in 519 and there is Donau which Saxons would have to cross twice according to mentioned move, so I was wondering how did they manage to do this? Maybe they didn`t went for Bucharest and garrison is placed in other place?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
      Ok, clear about loaned Corps/fleets situation.
      In the meantime - could you check last French land turn, I`m little bit confused with this (not that Bernadot`s forces are besieging Valencia instead of Copenhagen, but other things).
      Nicopolis - 1M joins depot garrison (Depot was placed in Nicopolis this turn?)
      Saxon Corps moving to Bucharest and back to Belgrade - on map that we have Bucharest is in 522 area not in 519 and there is Donau which Saxons would have to cross twice according to mentioned move, so I was wondering how did they manage to do this? Maybe they didn`t went for Bucharest and garrison is placed in other place?
      While crossing the mountains to fight the Turkey all corps must roll a six to follow the directions of the controlling player otherwise corps become controlled by the Turkish Player

I hope this explantion of the rules helps you

Comment

• That's not the only confusing movement I see from that turn.
        Some of the RN/Turk ships seem to have traveled a very long way, but there were so many compound moves I may have lost track. Nobody went all the way from Malta to San Sebastian, did they?
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          That's not the only confusing movement I see from that turn.
          Some of the RN/Turk ships seem to have traveled a very long way, but there were so many compound moves I may have lost track. Nobody went all the way from Malta to San Sebastian, did they?
          no guys from London went to San Sebastian

guys in Malta went to Gib

Trust me it just as bad for me tracking your guys movements. I just gave up on looking at the paths and just looked to see who where at the end.

Comment

• just to clarify 3 and 4 mean good foraging right ?

Comment

• Yes, the higher the number the better. To forage your corps need to roll the forage value or less to avoid losses. You get -1 for unused move points, -1 for home country (or conq area if a major power corps), +1 for each additional corp in the area, including enemy.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Wellington Shatters German Confederation Corps

Wellington's British infantry smash German lines while Uxbridges cavalry ride down the unfortunate souls routing from the field. The British complete their march to the sea even though the two Turkish corps failed to engage. The British and Turks along the coast get back into supply meaning the Spanish campaign goes on.

Spanish move is nest!!
                Last edited by The Purist; 24 Sep 15, 20:11.
                The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• I`m confused again a little bit. According to orders Wellington moved to area 398 which is mountain area next to Gerona, but according to battle info he marched to the sea shore next to San Sebastian. I believe that second one is correct and in orders there is just mistake and instead of area 398 there should be area 388, right?
                  Last edited by Ulrih; 25 Sep 15, 02:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                    I`m confused again a little bit. According to orders Wellington moved to area 398 which is mountain area next to Gerona, but according to battle info he marched to the sea shore next to San Sebastian. I believe that second one is correct and in orders there is just mistake and instead of area 398 there should be area 388, right?
                    Yes,.... my fat fingers. Wellington's move should have read -> saragosa -> 388
                    The Purist

Comment

• I had just a couple of questions. I will make my move tomorrow morning or night I depending on when I get the answers.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        I had just a couple of questions. I will make my move tomorrow morning or night I depending on when I get the answers.
                        do I need to put some chits in

Comment

• At the request of the Spanish Crown

A map update of the situation in northern Spain:

Attached Files
                          The Purist

Comment

• Battle of Saragosa

The Spanish and Danes are engaged at Saragosa.

Need tac chits and reinforcements orders.

__________________________________________________ ___

The armies deploy, commanders decide on their tactical moves, the battle lines are drawn.

To battle!!

Etchings up tomorrow morning.
                            Last edited by The Purist; 26 Sep 15, 22:23.
                            The Purist

Comment

• Well,... that was probably one of the more exciting battles and the French and British final fought something approaching a decisive battle. The dice were not terrible for either side and the battle came down to tactical choices. The political point shift hurt the British a bit this month but then it is only July and their are two months to go before the accountants look at VPs.

Of course, neither army was mauled but the Turks suffered at least a cut lip and bruised cheek in this one. What we have yet to see is an Austerlitz or Borodino but that will come about soon enough.

For those curious on what to expect when mixed armies are involved in battle one needs to look at the number of corps from one power, if they loaned to another power, if they reinforce another, who commanded and so on.

The Turks lost only 1 pol pt because they had 2 corps in the battle (.5 per corps). The British lost 3 pol points because they had 3 british/Dan corps plus 2 Turk corps on loan (5 x .5 = 2.5 round up to 3). Spain gained 3 because Castonos commanded the battle with 4 corps plus Napoleon was present ((4 x .5) +1 =3) and France had 3 corps plus Napoleon present ((3 x .5) + 1 = 3).

All that aside, we have seen just quickly pol points can swing wildly throughout a quarter so no one should be too smug or too despondent over the result of this battle.

Just be wary that slipping into the instability zone can cause conquered states to rebel and declare themselves neutral if friendly corps are not present. Then again, they can always be retaken if they are deemed important enough.

Everyone up for diplomacy
                              Last edited by The Purist; 27 Sep 15, 15:20.
                              The Purist

Comment

• hmm the dice gods still hate me

Comment

Working...
                                X