Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what is there for people that just want to have a good military campaign for a few months without all this constant endless POLITICAL back-biting and mewling and wailing and hand-wringing and theatrical garbage & nonsense about the morality of everything under the sun?

They didn't have Star Trek-style moralizing 200 years ago.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

And what is there for people that just want to have a good military campaign for a few months without all this constant endless POLITICAL back-biting and mewling and wailing and hand-wringing and theatrical garbage & nonsense about the morality of everything under the sun?

They didn't have Star Trek-style moralizing 200 years ago.
      they had real politic something the game is designed to simulate and is needed to win the game.

If you wanted pure military England is the way to go or France and maybe Turkey everyone is about politics and backstabbing

Comment

• Naval Losses

Current losses as of Jul 1807 stand at:

Royal Navy - 10H, 47L
        France - 18L
        Spain - 4H, 22L

Russia - 6L
        Turkey - 1H, 5L
        Portugal - 7H, 8L
        Sweden - 3H, 6L
        Denmark - 6H, 8L
        Holland 9L
        Naples - 2L

Grand total: 162 vessels

Blue - Coalition: 77 ships
        Red - French and Spanish/Allied: 70 ships
        Green - Russian/Russian Allied: 15 ships

Losses by class:

Coalition - 17H, 60L
        Fr/Sp Alliance - 11H, 59L
        Ru/Sw Concordat - 3H, 12L
        Last edited by The Purist; 10 Oct 15, 15:36.
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Land Hoooooo!!!!

Well,.... that was a long naval phase.

Time for the armies to march.

If M. l'Emperor would be kind enough to manoeuvre his troops we shall press on.
          The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
            Well,.... that was a long naval phase.

Time for the armies to march.

If M. l'Emperor would be kind enough to manoeuvre his troops we shall press on.
            Done. Was waiting that there will be more going on in British naval phase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
              Done. Was waiting that there will be more going on in British naval phase.
              my bad with ex moving all my ships around and him moving his around I needed to do some thinking while looking at the maps

again sorry for the delay

btw should I start considering some chits to send to Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                my bad with ex moving all my ships around and him moving his around I needed to do some thinking while looking at the maps

again sorry for the delay

btw should I start considering some chits to send to Purist
                I wasn`t wondering about delay, I was thinking more about that I expected more from British move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                  I wasn`t wondering about delay, I was thinking more about that I expected more from British move.

with everything in port on your side no reason to do much.

Comment

• Combat

Three battles -

Nish - 7 Turk versus 5 French/german

Area 388 - Danes versus German

Area 397 - 4 French/Dutch versus 6 Brit/Turk/Otto

Need British chits.
                    The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                      (...)
                      For example if France has attacked you say six months ago (...) .
                      Emperors do not go to war without casus belli, we leave that to the cold, heartless, calculation of elected government
                      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                        Emperors do not go to war without casus belli, we leave that to the cold, heartless, calculation of elected government

Oh, you mean like your close friend and ally Prussia.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• That's a mere king - not an emperor
                          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                            Three battles -

Nish - 7 Turk versus 5 French/german

Area 388 - Danes versus German

Area 397 - 4 French/Dutch versus 6 Brit/Turk/Otto

Need British chits.
                            Politics in all it`s glory - 3 countries at war and 7 nations involved...

Comment

• Ok,...battle has been engaged. Posts to follow throughout the day.

Copenhagen - The Hessians cross the Danish causeways to assault the capital. 12,000 Hessian infantry and 4,000 Hessian cavalry were driven back by a garrison of 2,000 British militia and 2,000 Danish regulars.

The Danes and Badenese fight an inconclusive skirmish at 388.

Wellington eludes Napoleon's grasp and withdraws into the Spanish mountains.

Nish - Outflank vs Outflank becomes a morale battle. This is never good for armies with lower morale (and is actually quite a rare event). A large army of Turkish feudal levies is battered mercilessly by the French Imperial Guard and Grand Batteries. The French gunners accounted for 4I of the 18I lost while the cavalry pursuit finished off a number of weakened corps.

The feudal cavalry forces are largely intact and, believe it or not, there are more feudal corps not yet engaged. Feudal troops also 'regenerate' for free every January.

SO!!! Quite a bit of excitement already this month!! Lt's see what else theis summer campaign season will have in store.
                              Last edited by The Purist; 19 Sep 15, 11:50.
                              The Purist

Comment

• In other news

Had some email exchanges with a few players concerning working around any "loaned corps/fleets" glitches.

One suggestion is that loaned corps be stationed, with a good leader, adjacent to the host corps and are used as 'reinforcements'. This has the normal risk of them not arriving on the battlefield but then so does the glitch. This apparently works.

Another suggestion was to limit the loaned corps in a stack to one or two. This also has had some, but not total success.

Regarding money transfers to major powers. Cash sent during a monthly tun to a major power does not arrive until the following econ phase. It can all arrive, some of it may arrive or even none of it may arrive. It does eventually all get to the destination but it can take time (gold shipments are apparently, never direct). In the meantime, these delays mean the money not usable by the receiver or the sender. I have alluded to this in the past but it is being done by others as well.

Rather than send money to a major power ally, use the loan corps strategy so that the power with the cash handles all the campaign expenses. This leaves the power that was to receive the money all their regular cash for maintenance and production, they need only keep a few coins for emergencies, while the need for a war chest is almost eliminated. Cash on hand can be used by both parties immediately as needed.

So,... there you go. Something more to add to your play books and stratgey guides for our campaign.
                                Last edited by The Purist; 21 Sep 15, 19:34.
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X