• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by craven View Post
    (...) If anything was to make me quit it would be the dice gods
    I'll offer a goat to them tonight,

or six white pigeons if I can't find a goat at a reasonable price
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
      I'll offer a goat to them tonight,

or six white pigeons if I can't find a goat at a reasonable price
      remember my goal is not letting you win so france gaining vps is a plus for me

and the more I feed them and the bigger I make france the harder they land on you :-)

Comment

• Actually the only reason you would feed France is to force a allaince against them.

I'll comment on the current turn once I'm done directing the Navies, but it ain't over yet.
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          Actually the only reason you would feed France is to force a allaince against them.

I'll comment on the current turn once I'm done directing the Navies, but it ain't over yet.
          Nope an alliance of whom

I wont work with Austria

Already allied with Russia

You will never attack France

Prussia about to get wiped out in three months when it enforced peace expires.

As I keep saying France won the game when Austria attacked me and Russia.

Comment

You will never attack France
            It would be asinine for me to do so, but who can say that France would never attack Spain?
            Historically speaking... well, we all know what happened there, so don't assume I'm nothing but a willing patsy, okay?

Originally posted by craven View Post
            Prussia about to get wiped out in three months when it enforced peace expires.
            By who?
            If Prussia and Austria don't pick up half a dozen new provinces this Summer, each, then they just aren't trying.

For 1807 perhaps, and it was a lot of work to do so, but 1815 is a long way off.
            And 1807 is far from over, how do you know Spain won't be the big winner?
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• The Royal Navy Wins at San Sebastian

Headlines

The London Times - RN's gunnery triumphs over a Franco-Spanish breakout. The British exchange 4 RN frigates for 4 Spanish and 1 French frigate. Total losses thus far this month are (Coalition) 1H, 8L, (Alliance) 8L

The Viennese Gazette - Political point pendulum start swinging the back once again.

The Philadelphia Flyer "Where were the Russian Heavies of the II Fleet?" Inquiring minds want to know.

<<I think we just saw an example of the "loan" glitch. I can't check its location until the Russian land phase>>

[Apologies for the Philadelphia Flyer bit,.... Hockey fans will hopefully appreciate the humour]
              Last edited by The Purist; 16 Sep 15, 20:43.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                By who?
                If Prussia and Austria don't pick up half a dozen new provinces this Summer, each, then they just aren't trying.

You really think that they can take 12 provinces from me this summer?
                What have you been smoking, and can I have some?
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                  Headlines

The Philadelphia Flyer "Where were the Russian Heavies of the II Fleet?" Inquiring minds want to know.

<<I think we just saw an example of the "loan" glitch. I can't check its location until the Russian land phase>>

[Apologies for the Philadelphia Flyer bit,.... Hockey fans will hopefully appreciate the humour]
                  So loaned troops could act in the same way as reinforcements - they could show up but that`s not obligatory. In that case I think it`s fine for everybody.

Comment

remember my goal is not letting you win so france gaining vps is a plus for me

and the more I feed them and the bigger I make france the harder they land on you :-)
                    Seems to me your goal is to simply win this game via the no-one-gets-100%-so-Britain-wins-rule.

We'll see how much you still like France once they reach 95% or so

(...)
                    I'll think you'll find the record shows I never attacked you, I didn't even declare war on you.

Even now the Emperor doesn't consider Britain an enemy, he's convinced she's just temporary bedazzled by an insane PM, and will soon come to her senses.

Of course poor Joseph doesn't know what I know
                    Last edited by Snowygerry; 11 Sep 15, 02:16.
                    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Seems to me your goal is to simply win this game via the no-one-gets-100%-so-Britain-wins-rule.

We'll see how much you still like France once they reach 95% or so

I'll think you'll find the record shows I never attacked you, I didn't even declare war on you.

Even now the Emperor doesn't consider Britain an enemy, he's convinced she's just temporary bedazzled by an insane PM, and will soon come to her senses.

Of course poor Joseph doesn't know what I know
                      when your actions cause the loss of troops for a country that is an act of war.

nope keeping you down is more important that winning

remember I am not about winning anymore it all about being a spoiler for you.

Should of thought of that before getting English troops killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                        You really think that they can take 12 provinces from me this summer?
                        What have you been smoking, and can I have some?
                        I meant 12 hexes, that should add up to about 3 or 4 of what we are calling Provinces, or whatever.

Originally posted by The Purist View Post

So.... the RN won without the help of the Russians.
                        So much for the myth that the RN isn't able to win battles.

The ones I just won (yes, I have taken the lead roll at sea for a while) were the result of carefully planned moves that brough superior numbers to bear in sequence. It wasn't a fluke.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                          So loaned troops could act in the same way as reinforcements - they could show up but that`s not obligatory. In that case I think it`s fine for everybody.
                          Sort of,... my worry is that the glitch can actual teleport things around or of the map (where they would need to be re-deployed).
                          The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Our Brit

Anyone heard from craven lately??
                            The Purist

Comment

when your actions cause the loss of troops for a country that is an act of war.

Should of thought of that before getting English troops killed.
                              Which actions were that ?

(...) nope keeping you down is more important that winning

remember I am not about winning anymore it all about being a spoiler for you.
                              That's what you keep saying, and for a while I actually believed it - now I know better.

Not France, Russia or Austria, but Britain will win this game unless a coalition is formed to prevent it.

Luckily most of that coalition is already in place - we just need to readjust the focus a bit and convince the Russians to join us

Comment

Which actions were that ?

That's what you keep saying, and for a while I actually believed it - now I know better.

Not France, Russia or Austria, but Britain will win this game unless a coalition is formed to prevent it.

Luckily most of that coalition is already in place - we just need to readjust the focus a bit and convince the Russians to join us

What could you possibly offer me that would convince me to join you?
                                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X