Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live and work in Canada so one does adopt the lingo, which has more and more American-isms slipping in.

There was a time when Canadians went "on holiday", more often these days they "go on vacations"

I still often ask others, "Where are you going for your holiday?", and get a moment of confused looks before they realise what I mean.

In North America one goes 'on vacation" while July 1st, Remembrance Day, Christmas are "holidays" (a day off).

One can use a "holiday" to extend their "vacation".

Insane, I know, just remember its North America.

I did lose, 4.8 lbs (2.2kg) while hiking around the Rockies. Always a bonus when on holiday.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Britain and VPs

Britain can choose any other power and give up 1/3 of their VPs for the quarter and reduce their targets by the same. One does not even know that this happens unless Britain mentions it.

In the case of this quarter Britain collected 7 vps. It could give up 2 vps and sabotage Austria's by those same 2. In this example, Austria should have collected 8 vps but if targeted would collect only 6 to Britain's 5.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Map Updates

Latest Situation Maps as of Jul 1807

The Channel and NW Europe

The Baltic, Western Russia and Eastern Prussia

The Balkan Front

Italy and the North-western Mediterranean

The Spanish Front

Attached Files
        Last edited by The Purist; 27 Aug 15, 21:28.
        The Purist

Comment

• Two more maps

The Gibraltar Straits

Copenhagen to Stockholm to Riga

Attached Files
          The Purist

Comment

• Political Standings and VPs

Current Political Standings

Poltical Standing - Jun 1807

Victory Points - Jun 1807

Attached Files
            Last edited by The Purist; 27 Aug 15, 21:50.
            The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
              (...)
              The reason for this is that eventually there will be a game engine failure to recognise the corps as loaned. When this happens one side or the other will find their helpers not present in the battles even though they may be at war.
              And would that be a game ending glitch ? Or just have serious consequences for that one battle ?

If the latter I'm inclined to accept it as just a risk inherent to putting your troops under a combined command.

It would make you think twice about using that option, and it would not even be unhistorical, thinking of the problems of the Russian/Austrian command at Austerlitz, Napoleon's reluctant German allies in Russia or the Saxons changing sides mid battle at Dresden for example.
              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Britain can choose any other power and give up 1/3 of their VPs for the quarter and reduce their targets by the same. One does not even know that this happens unless Britain mentions it.

In the case of this quarter Britain collected 7 vps. It could give up 2 vps and sabotage Austria's by those same 2. In this example, Austria should have collected 8 vps but if targeted would collect only 6 to Britain's 5.
                And what could I do to stop this, would burning London to the ground help ?

High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Absolutely nothing.
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Nope as long as I am at war with you I can chose to do this.

It why England always goes for the long game because they win if no one else wins. And they have the tools to drive the game to an indecisive conclusion.

So as I said France will be passing you shortly :-)

Comment

• Britain can undermine the VPs of friend and foe alike but comes at the stated cost. However, if Britain cannot maintain a high intake of VPs itself her ability to execute the 'balance of power in Europe' strategy becomes limited.
                      The Purist

Comment

Britain can undermine the VPs of friend and foe alike but comes at the stated cost. However, if Britain cannot maintain a high intake of VPs itself her ability to execute the 'balance of power in Europe' strategy becomes limited.
                        12.1.2 Possible British Change In Victory Points
                        The British player has the option of spending up to one third of the victory points he gained this
                        quarter to subtract that same number of victory points from the total victory points of any ONE
                        major power with which Great Britain is currently at war. This is done instead of Great Britain gaining
                        those victory points.

Comment

• Ah, good. Thanks for that. Another change from the board game, iirc.
                          The Purist

Comment

Ah, good. Thanks for that. Another change from the board game, iirc.
                            No that's the way the board game was as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                              (...)
                              So as I said France will be passing you shortly :-)
                              It why England always goes for the long game because they win if no one else wins. And they have the tools to drive the game to an indecisive conclusion.
                              I'm sorry but I still don't get it,

If Frances passes us both they win no ?

Someone is always first in the VP table so how can "no one else win" ?

Comment

I'm sorry but I still don't get it,

If Frances passes us both they win no ?

Someone is always first in the VP table so how can "no one else win" ?

If you don't get the number of vp's that you need you don't win. France for instance needs something like 400 vp's in order to win the game while Turkey only needs 280 (or so).
                                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X