This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    Well you don't surrender to all, you surrender to one of your opponents, gain invulnerability from his armies for 6-8 or 15 months, which gives you time to concentrate your forces against another.
    Right therefore I wrote earlier IF. In theory you could have massive attack from everybody and could be so beaten that you have to surrender to everybody

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
      Well to be honest I don`t like such "loaning troops" system also if there is no war declared and Purist was telling all the time that it will not work so we didn`t use it. It was found out by accident that this works when Turkish ships were suddenly involved in naval battle although France wasn`t in the war with Turkey. Second time when such accident happened was during land battle at Valencia but this wasn`t major mistake as I wanted to declare war on Turkey in the same turn but forgot to send it to Purist when I was sending actual diplomatic and reinforcement orders. So in general - you used that once and I used once. If everybody thinks that this is not how it should happen in game then we could agree that we`re not using it and that`s all.
      the problem is I have purposely not used it ever since that naval battle. Me and Purist have actually changed moves to accomadate rule.

Actually it was a major mistake. As if you had declared war then England would of been in control of the armies in spain and saved Turkey a ton of money which is what allowing your current success back in Turkey

Comment

Cunning strategists all of you

Me - I'm not a man of elaborate plans,

I intend to get the Empire in the lead of the VP table and keep it there until the game ends.

Says the man who offered you peace both before *and* after the battle of Freiburg -

Of course you too had a cunning plan back then, am I truly the only one who's just bumbling through this ?
        good plan wont work as you cant even pass England and I am probally going to feed France enough VP to win.

Comment

• Why couldn't I pass England - there's still a decade or more to go ?
          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Why couldn't I pass England - there's still a decade or more to go ?
            oh you might pass England but france will probably pass you first I am using my vps to suppress you victory points

Comment

Why couldn't I pass England - there's still a decade or more to go ?
              Get a little more active with your War Effort, take some territory. IMHO, you;ll never have a better chance than right now.

Heard anything from Prussia lately?
              Anyone?
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                Get a little more active with your War Effort, take some territory. IMHO, you;ll never have a better chance than right now.

Anyone?
                Still here.
                Frederick William III of Prussia - The Napoleonic Wars Campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Anyone?
                  yep waste his troops before the fall the hammer of Spain and France

Right now his best bet is to attack france as it not going to get any better with France already commited to two plus theatres.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                    the problem is I have purposely not used it ever since that naval battle. Me and Purist have actually changed moves to accomadate rule.

Actually it was a major mistake. As if you had declared war then England would of been in control of the armies in spain and saved Turkey a ton of money which is what allowing your current success back in Turkey
                    Do you think you're the only one? I also had to adjust several times strategy as Purist reminded that such option will not work even after this naval battle. Therefore I'm saying - you used it once and I also once.

Comment

Do you think you're the only one? I also had to adjust several times strategy as Purist reminded that such option will not work even after this naval battle. Therefore I'm saying - you used it once and I also once.
                      you used it intentionally I never did that the difference I was just blockading the Spanish when it occurred

Comment

you used it intentionally I never did that the difference I was just blockading the Spanish when it occurred
                        Where?
                        Snowy could confirm - he asked several times earlier for such option and got my response that it will not work in the battle (at least that`s what Purist told us).

Later it was May07 land move where combined Franco-Spanish forces attacked Valencia and British garrison were destroyed and Turkish surrendered. This is the turn that I forgot to declare war on Turkey and you can see orders thread - my forces had to concentrate at Peterwarden because of that as I couldn`t enter Turkish territory.
                        Next turn war was declared and France was in war with both Britain and Turkey (same goes to Spain).
                        Last edited by Ulrih; 25 Aug 15, 06:54.

Comment

oh you might pass England but france will probably pass you first I am using my vps to suppress you victory points
                          Well - you best stop doing that then

Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                          Where?
                          Snowy could confirm -
                          He could yes
                          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Well to be honest I don`t like such "loaning troops" system also if there is no war declared and Purist was telling all the time that it will not work so we didn`t use it. It was found out by accident that this works when Turkish ships were suddenly involved in naval battle although France wasn`t in the war with Turkey. Second time when such accident happened was during land battle at Valencia but this wasn`t major mistake as I wanted to declare war on Turkey in the same turn but forgot to send it to Purist when I was sending actual diplomatic and reinforcement orders. So in general - you used that once and I used once. If everybody thinks that this is not how it should happen in game then we could agree that we`re not using it and that`s all.
                            Well,... while I was away I did receive a response from Matrix Games gurus on the problem with loaned corps and they suggest that loaning army units not be used.

The reason for this is that eventually there will be a game engine failure to recognise the corps as loaned. When this happens one side or the other will find their helpers not present in the battles even though they may be at war.

What is recommended instead is that players 'co-ordinate their moves as best they can to take advantage of situations.

We have not seen the glitch show up yet but I suspect that with 8 years of game play since the release that it will happen and that will be bad for the game that we have put so much time into.

A the same time the fleets on loan work as the rule was intended. Go figure.

They are working on a new patch but I have not checked to see if it is complete yet.

As game moderator I am inclined to simply drop the usage but I am open to discussing this. Just keep in mind that the glitch is there and I would rather avoid that sort of disruption.
                            The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

The loaning of corps is a work-around for the "glass borders" in case of enforced peace after surrender.

Remove that and surrendering at a convenient time becomes a game-winning move.
                              Actually, in the original board game version when two powers wanted to closely co-ordinate their moves the power that moved first would have to move with the 'later' moving power.

For example, if Russia and Prussia wanted to move and attack together the Russian would have to delay their move (give up the initiative) and move after the Turks and Austrians.

The computer version could not/does not replicate this option (probably due to programming limitations) so they tried the 'loaning' option.
                              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                                Ok. I'll be going on a short vacation Aug 19 to 26th returning late on the 27th.
                                Vacation? Don't you mean holiday old chap - speak English.

Vacation is the sort of thing that goes on [or doesn't] between some folks ears.

Anyway, I hope you have had a good one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X