This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bah - tactics are just an excuse for lack of strategy,

The Russian advance was stopped, their army reduced to a bloody pulp.

The Russian Emperor instead of trampling all over Europe, returned home.

It's mission accomplished the Imperial army retired to Ulm in good order.

The siege of Freiburg was an afterthought.

The actual outcome of the battle was inconsequential
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
      yeah I am not trying to be number one.
      Strange. We're all here to try and win this game no ?

I am not going to make it easy on France and Spain since they are responsible for me not getting to my primary purpose in the game.
      What was your primary purpose then, if not being number 1 ?

I am spending my vps on keeping you down so others can pass you
      This is even more puzzling, how does that work ? You can spend your own VP and have them detracted from mine ??

Without these efforts then I would be in first place by now ?
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

This is even more puzzling, how does that work ? You can spend your own VP and have them detracted from mine ??

Without these efforts then I would be in first place by now ?
        Britain actually has that possibility by reducing their own income but so far I haven`t seen that craven would use that. And why should he if he`s still in first place no matter what and no matter that "he is not interested in it"

Comment

• And only Britain can do that ? It would be noted in the game thread if they did I imagine ?

Or is it supposed to represent secret operations and covert diplomatic manipulation ?

Comment

And only Britain can do that ? It would be noted in the game thread if they did I imagine ?

Or is it supposed to represent secret operations and covert diplomatic manipulation ?
            Yes, only Britain, it`s in the game rules.
            I think that it would be noted in Orders Thread therefore I`m saying that I don`t think that craven used this option yet.

Comment

Bah - tactics are just an excuse for lack of strategy,
              Says the person with the better tactical ability and still lost the battle.

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
              The Russian advance was stopped, their army reduced to a bloody pulp.
              It wasn’t stopped, I wasn’t going any further.

The Russian Emperor instead of trampling all over Europe, returned home.
              I wasn’t “trampling all over Europe” until you declared war on me to get two provinces.

It's mission accomplished the Imperial army retired to Ulm in good order.
              I think you mean ran away like frightened rabbits.
              The siege of Freiburg was an afterthought.
              You spent a long time doing something that was “an afterthought”.

The actual outcome of the battle was inconsequential
              Says the man who lost it.
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Strange. We're all here to try and win this game no ?....
                YES!
                And all these deals in the shadows, honestly as time goes by it gets t the point where I can't even remember what the hell they were anymore!
                Enough is enough, I'm not Tallyrand anymore, I'm just Spain, and we do our deals above-board.

And my strategy has paid off bigtime.
                No joke, this is exactly where I was wanting to be since the start of the current year.
                I knew I couldn't stop the combined UK/Turkish juggernaut, so I planned for the next best thing.... something I wanted to announce a month ago but the damn Ban really fouled everything up.
                Basically, I wanted to draw the best of the Turk and Brit armies away from the more crucial fronts. What we have not is a BEF and the best Turk Corps in Spain facing French troops, at the Gates of Madrid. Why is that good for me?
                Because now the Turkish regulars are as far as they could get from the Balkans, where France is tearing them to pieces. The only UK field army would have to fall off the map to be any farther away from Russia, which is now under attack by Austria and Prussia!
                Best of all, with Turkey and Russia under simultaneous attack, they can't support each other at all.
                Now that the Combined Spanish/French fleets have a numerical edge, we can really do some serious damage, just about anywhere we want to go.

I love it when a plan comes together.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  YES!
                  And all these deals in the shadows, honestly as time goes by it gets t the point where I can't even remember what the hell they were anymore!
                  Enough is enough, I'm not Tallyrand anymore, I'm just Spain, and we do our deals above-board.

And my strategy has paid off bigtime.
                  No joke, this is exactly where I was wanting to be since the start of the current year.
                  I knew I couldn't stop the combined UK/Turkish juggernaut, so I planned for the next best thing.... something I wanted to announce a month ago but the damn Ban really fouled everything up.
                  Basically, I wanted to draw the best of the Turk and Brit armies away from the more crucial fronts. What we have not is a BEF and the best Turk Corps in Spain facing French troops, at the Gates of Madrid. Why is that good for me?
                  Because now the Turkish regulars are as far as they could get from the Balkans, where France is tearing them to pieces. The only UK field army would have to fall off the map to be any farther away from Russia, which is now under attack by Austria and Prussia!
                  Best of all, with Turkey and Russia under simultaneous attack, they can't support each other at all.
                  Now that the Combined Spanish/French fleets have a numerical edge, we can really do some serious damage, just about anywhere we want to go.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Actually the broke loaning troops problem is what saved you. I was just going to surrender to france and beat on you either france or Turkey could take you. even after an unconditional surrender

but with the broke loaning of troops problem it makes no sense to ever surrender to just one belligerent because the other will just loan his troops

So as I have been saying since Austria jumped on the pro france side the game is over France win more than likely

Comment

• Cunning strategists all of you

Me - I'm not a man of elaborate plans,

I intend to get the Empire in the lead of the VP table and keep it there until the game ends.

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                    (...)

Says the man who lost it.
                    Says the man who offered you peace both before *and* after the battle of Freiburg -

Of course you too had a cunning plan back then, am I truly the only one who's just bumbling through this ?
                    Last edited by Snowygerry; 24 Aug 15, 02:26.

Comment

Cunning strategists all of you

Me - I'm not a man of elaborate plans,

I intend to get the Empire in the lead of the VP table and keep it there until the game ends.

Says the man who offered you peace both before *and* after the battle of Freiburg -

Of course you too had a cunning plan back then, am I truly the only one who's just bumbling through this ?
                      Right, if I recall correctly your plan for peace was you take what you want and I get to shut up and go away.
                      Much like your plan for stabbing me in the back after I declared war on France since I wouldn't be able to fight you and you could take what you wanted.
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                        (...) if I recall correctly your plan for peace was you take what you want and I get to shut up and go away.
                        Yes - my goal was accomplished once your advance across Italy towards France was diverted, and my word was made to stand.

Further continuation of hostilities was no longer deemed desirable.

What's wrong with that ?

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                          Actually the broke loaning troops problem is what saved you. I was just going to surrender to france and beat on you either france or Turkey could take you. even after an unconditional surrender

but with the broke loaning of troops problem it makes no sense to ever surrender to just one belligerent because the other will just loan his troops

So as I have been saying since Austria jumped on the pro france side the game is over France win more than likely
                          Well to be honest I don`t like such "loaning troops" system also if there is no war declared and Purist was telling all the time that it will not work so we didn`t use it. It was found out by accident that this works when Turkish ships were suddenly involved in naval battle although France wasn`t in the war with Turkey. Second time when such accident happened was during land battle at Valencia but this wasn`t major mistake as I wanted to declare war on Turkey in the same turn but forgot to send it to Purist when I was sending actual diplomatic and reinforcement orders. So in general - you used that once and I used once. If everybody thinks that this is not how it should happen in game then we could agree that we`re not using it and that`s all.

Comment

• The loaning of corps is a work-around for the "glass borders" in case of enforced peace after surrender.

Remove that and surrendering at a convenient time becomes a game-winning move.
                            Last edited by Snowygerry; 24 Aug 15, 05:04.

Comment

The loaning of corps is a work-around for the "glass borders" in case of enforced peace after surrender.

Remove that and surrendering at a convenient time becomes a game-winning move.
                              Not exactly - if you will surrender to everybody then how could you gain VP`s?

Comment

• Well you don't surrender to all, you surrender to one of your opponents, gain invulnerability from his armies for 6-8 or 15 months, which gives you time to concentrate your forces against another.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X