Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I asked a couple of people to let you know I had been banned for a month, but so it goes....
    We were informed - Del dropped a line to let us know.

This is about the only thing I intend to pursue here, what has been held up by my absence ?
    I think Ulrih may have had to make a couple of practical decisions on your part, but overall your banishment coincided with the usual summer slow-down.

Good to have you back.

As for the ribbons - I imagine it's those that have the " so many years -member in good standing" qualification - what happened ? Did you drive over a fellow member's dog
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      I have returned.
      I will do my best to catch up but its a lot of stuff to cover now.

I asked a couple of people to let you know I had been banned for a month, but so it goes....

This is about the only thing I intend to pursue here, what has been held up by my absence?

(oh look, they even took a couple of my ribbons away, how sweet)
      First of all - good to have you back, mate

Snowy in general responded - I executed naval and land Spanish orders for 1807 June according to what we discussed earlier and there were 2 land battles where Spain was involved (one victory, one draw), Brits are surrounded by guerillas and Franco-Spanish troops in 397 area and also we had couple naval battles where VP`s were gain and lost. Now it`s Economic turn and you came back right in time - British orders will be posted and then it`s Spain.

Comment

• Well I lost a few ships you lost a few ships The French have squandered a few Spanish lives And things are even looking worse for Spain monetarily and manpower wise. But with the back of the French you are gaining some good vps

Good to have ya back Cant wait to trounce ya some more.

Comment

• Ok. I'll be going on a short vacation Aug 19 to 26th returning late on the 27th.

Let's get through the econ phase as quickly as possible and we will pause at the next Diplomacy phase. Of course, all the diplomacy should then be ready when we boot up again.
          The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
            Ok. I'll be going on a short vacation Aug 19 to 26th returning late on the 27th.

Let's get through the econ phase as quickly as possible and we will pause at the next Diplomacy phase. Of course, all the diplomacy should then be ready when we boot up again.
            ah, great, just in time.
            Where's my money?!
            Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

As for the ribbons - I imagine it's those that have the " so many years -member in good standing" qualification - what happened ? Did you drive over a fellow member's dog
            Theyr'e back... funny, must have been a lag or something.

I would tell you all about it, but I'm afraid that if I do I will get banned again.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• On Vacation

Ok Lads.

I am off to the mountains for a week. I'll be out of contact for most of the period but when we come down from the heights in search of a hot shower and food that doesn't require a foil pouch I'll check in with a tablet that will be secreted away in the lodge.

Exciting times. Current Political Standings standings are:

France (32 Dom), Austria (29 Dom), Spain (25 Stable), Russia, Great Britain, Turkey (24 Stable), Prussia 22 (Stable)

VP Lead: Great Britain (26%), Austria (24%), Russia (23%), Spain and Turkey (22%), France (21%), Prussia (17%).

France made the largest gain in VPs in the last quarter.

Official map updates and Pol Status/VP pics will be posted upon my return.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Everyone is stable?
                How boring... I'm going to have to do something crazy again just to keep things interesting, ain't I?
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• yep France will pass Austria shortly Now to get Russia to pass them also

Comment

• Meh, I'm like dead center in everything.
                    I'm even beating France in % of what I need, but then everyone except Prussia is ahead of them in that. Maybe stability is over-rated.

I thought I would be in worse shape than I am now, my sacrifice play only cost me territory.
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      Meh, I'm like dead center in everything.
                      I'm even beating France in % of what I need, but then everyone except Prussia is ahead of them in that. Maybe stability is over-rated.

I thought I would be in worse shape than I am now, my sacrifice play only cost me territory.
                      in the short run it makes you look ok but look at the manpower numbers to see who truly is winning.

It why France has the game pretty much in the bag he can lose a lot of battle and keep reloading his corps why his opponents slowly melt away.

ie what I did to you in Africa

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                        yep France will pass Austria shortly Now to get Russia to pass them also
                        By far the easiest way to let France gain the lead is to line up a bunch of militia for them to easily slaughter,

preferable on some secondary front - like Turkey or Spain.

To make Russia overtake me might be a bit harder, I may have to march all the way to Moscow to let them win a battle.

Me - I'm looking at overtaking number one, which still seems to be...

Britain
                        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• I think you had better go back and read the combat results. I think you will find that I have won more than I've lost against you. Starting with the first one between the two emperors one that you should have won easily.

The political track tends to push everyone towards the middle which is why you have to manipulate it if you wish to stay in the dominate zone.
                          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                            I think you had better go back and read the combat results. I think you will find that I have won more than I've lost against you. Starting with the first one between the two emperors one that you should have won easily.
                            The Emperor does not lower himself to such mundane endeavours as tactical command of battles,

the only time he had to suffer the indignation was when he looked across the wall of Vienna, over the Donau - and saw the flower of Russian nobility either collapsing of deprivation or high-tailing it south to the Balkans in anticipation of the same.

You're probably referring to Freiburg where a Russian Emperor faced a German Archduke - and once again the Rus showed his hind side, and we gained the field.

Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                            (...) Alexander leaves the army in Breigau
                            Lemberg - Alexander leaves the army (...)
                            Where is he now - commanding the palace guard at St-Petersburg ?

The political track tends to push everyone towards the middle which is why you have to manipulate it if you wish to stay in the dominate zone.
                            Politics are such a bore.

Aquila Elegit Iovis Omnia Vincit.
                            Last edited by Snowygerry; 20 Aug 15, 07:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                              By far the easiest way to let France gain the lead is to line up a bunch of militia for them to easily slaughter,

preferable on some secondary front - like Turkey or Spain.

To make Russia overtake me might be a bit harder, I may have to march all the way to Moscow to let them win a battle.

Me - I'm looking at overtaking number one, which still seems to be...

Britain
                              yeah I am not trying to be number one. I am spending my vps on keeping you down so others can pass you

I am not going to make it easy on France and Spain since they are responsible for me not getting to my primary purpose in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                                The Emperor does not lower himself to such mundane endeavours as tactical command of battles,

the only time he had to suffer the indignation was when he looked across the wall of Vienna, over the Donau - and saw the flower of Russian nobility either collapsing of deprivation or high-tailing it south to the Balkans in anticipation of the same.

You're probably referring to Freiburg where a Russian Emperor faced a German Archduke - and once again the Rus showed his hind side, and we gained the field.
                                You were correct it was a German Archduke (mercenary?) seems that Austria needs to import it's military talent. They had to call up the Prussians before they got brave enough to move out of their entrenchments.

Archduke Charles meets Czar Alexander on the fields and in the forest at Freiburg.

Austrian forces:

III Corps: 12I, 1C
                                Light Inf Corps: 3I, 2C
                                II Cav Corps: 4C
                                Charles commands: Strategic 4, Tactical 4, Corps max: 6

30,000 Infantry, 14,000 Cavalry - Army Morale 3.32

Tactical chit (random): Assault

Russian forces:

VI Corps: 8I,
                                IX Corps: 3I
                                Alexander commands: Strategic 1, Tactical 2, Corps max 4

22,000 Infantry - Army Morale 3.00

Tactical chit: Defend

Battle

Modifiers: Austria +1 Tactical, +1 Cav superiority; Russia 0;
                                - both suffer tactical penalty for forest terrain
                                - Russia gains 1.00 morale on day 1 for Assault/Esc Assault vs defender: Russian army morale now 4.0

Day 1

Round 1: The Austrians slam into the Russian lines in the Black forest inflicting moderate losses and pummelling morale. No Austrian loses, Russia loses 2I and 1.40 morale.
                                Round 2: The Russians recover from their initial disorganisation and strike back at the Austrian ranks while suffering more losses themselves. Austria loses 1I and 2.20 morale, Russia loses 1I and .80 morale.
                                Round 3: The Russians cannot maintain the momentum they had at noon but their boost in morale saves them on the first day. The Austrians, while not suffering many losses, fail to break the Russians and are nearly broken themselves. Austria loses 1.10 morale, Russia loses 1I and .8 morale.

Die rolls: Au 7, Ru 1; Au 5, Ru 6; Au 7, Ru 2

Day 2 Austrian morale is 2.82; Russian morale is 2.50

Austrian Tactical Chit: (random) Outflank
                                Russian Tactical Chit: (random) Escalated Counterattack

Round 1: Charles dispatches the II Cav Corps on a flanking move as Alexander launches a full counter attack against the Austrian army. Austria loses 1I and a full 2.0 morale while Russia loses 1I and .5 morale.
                                Round 2: The woods slow the Austrian cavalry which fails to arrive. Alexander presses the attack trading losses and breaking the Austrian army. Austria loses 1C and 1.8 morale (breaks). Russia loses 2I and 1.1 morale.

Die rolls: Au 4, Ru 5; Au 6, Ru 4

No pursuit

Battle had : 3 Austrian corps vs 2 Russian corps = Au -2/Ru +2 pol pts

Casulaties:

Austria - 4,000 Infantry, 2,000 Cavalry
                                Russia - 14,000 Infantry

Total losses: Austria 2I, 1C; Russia 7I

Final Strength:

Austria - III Corps: 12I, 1C; Light Inf Corps: 1I, 1C; II cav Corps: 4C

Russia - VI Corps: 4I; IX Corps : eliminated

The Austrian army withdraws to Ulm.

Seems though that you were the one to run away. guess your memory is slipping a little.
                                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Working...
                                X