This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pause until Monday

Bank holiday this weekend here in Alberta.

I'll up in the mountains until Monday and home that afternoon.

Turkey can send me his moves and/or questions.

I have Austria's orders but would like Prussia to advise his next move or pose any questions. I'll deal with the next moves on my return

<<We must enjoy the warm summer months, wot-wot>>
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Turk moves

Ok, lots to do with the Turks and I have done most of the move. I do have a couple of questions for the Grand Vizier before I can finish up so it might be tomorrow before the move is done.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• First battle (Nicopolis) resolved and the Turks did well to get a draw and Massena's late arriving reinforcements save the Saxons from an embarrassment.

The battle of Area 531 will be posted tomorrow (too beat tonight to do more), I won't tell you who won . Then Valencia.

Just a note - I sent a query to the game designers about the corps loaning function as I read a bit about it not being part of the original game (of which I agree). The fleet bit was not an issue but the army bit seems to throw things off a bit. I expect a response soon about a 'house rule' many games use. I believe it is semi-official but thought I would ask about it.

Last note - remember when sending in chit picks to give 2 or 3 choices just in case the battle goes more than one day (rare but it happens). This way you are not forced into random (and possibly silly) choices.
        The Purist

Comment

• I am so screwed for the rest of the battles After the dice rolls I got last battle I had to use up all my luck. Only bad thing I needed the reinforcement roll.

Comment

• Turkish Feudal Army Retreats

Battle of Area 531 saw the feudal troops fail mainly through low morale. Losses were not excessive and the two forces (531 and Nicopolis) are now concentrated at Nish, astride the French supply line to the west.

Battle of Valencia is next.

Valencia

The dice gawds were about equal in giving and taking but the Turks took the worst of it in a battle that swung on morale (echelon vs outflank). The early morale hit to Wellington's army was to prove decisive when the flanking corps arrives in round two. Overall the battle results were a bit of an anti-climax,... losses were even and, considering the size of the two armies, comparatively light.

Wellington's retreat south was blocked by guerilla forces so the army retreated towards the invasion forces off San Sebastian (nearest supply). Despite the Turkish losses this month, it will still finish the quarter in fairly good political shape.

Forgot to hit the 'print screen' button at the end, apologies, it was late. The picsie would have showed the usual graphic display

Land moves will continue tomorrow.
            Last edited by The Purist; 07 Aug 15, 00:45.
            The Purist

Comment

• once again I point to my in ability to actually win a battle hell I am only got two land wins under my belt to six loses

I need to fight someone other than spain and France looks at Austria

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                once again I point to my in ability to actually win a battle hell I am only got two land wins under my belt to six loses

I need to fight someone other than spain and France looks at Austria
                Well for all three battles I guessed right chits and you still managed to get 1 draw (because of extremely good Roll dice numbers for Turkey). Of course lost 2 battles but casualties were rather small, again keeping in mind that I guessed chits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                  Well for all three battles I guessed right chits and you still managed to get 1 draw (because of extremely good Roll dice numbers for Turkey). Of course lost 2 battles but casualties were rather small, again keeping in mind that I guessed chits.
                  well your forget I am about to lose another corp in the Spanish turn due odd retreat patterns

cant wait for someone else to suffer from not retreating on your own supply line.

remember nelson retreating to Gib rather than England

btw how do you calculate how or where reinforcements come from the guerilla looking at the map should of been from the west not south. South is Cart Being able to figure that into our battle plans is important.

Probally wouldn't of landed guys in Cart if I knew they could be isolated if the battle did not go my way. btw this is not a complaint but just something that needs to be addressed for future battles. so we can adequately assess the risk. I assume none of us are dumb enough to advance into a situation where we are going to be in a noose

btw the army loaning rules cant be changed now as Snow stated they are what they are Any change now would only screw up the game unless we reset to where France and Spain attacked me in Valencia. Or to the Start of this Turn once this turn is set in stone any change in the rules is not an option.
                  Last edited by craven; 07 Aug 15, 11:47.

Comment

• The only time to change the rule (house rule) would be at the end of the quarter when all moves and combat are concluded.

In Spain the guerillas were to the south of Valencia (see the updated map posted a few posts ago. Wellington's army only looks isolated and it can march back into supply simply by moving to a coastal area with a heavy or transport fleet off shore to offer 'invasion' supply. The RN's superiority allows a lot of flexibility as well as a 'safety net'.
                    The Purist

Comment

• French and British are having a set to in the mountains above San Sebastian.

What tac chits would you like.

Danes vs CoR - 1 corps each.
                      The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                        The only time to change the rule (house rule) would be at the end of the quarter when all moves and combat are concluded.

In Spain the guerillas were to the south of Valencia (see the updated map posted a few posts ago. Wellington's army only looks isolated and it can march back into supply simply by moving to a coastal area with a heavy or transport fleet off shore to offer 'invasion' supply. The RN's superiority allows a lot of flexibility as well as a 'safety net'.
                        bah my need to work on my map reading skills

I would oppose any change as any change now would only favor france and spain now rule would have to be rolled back to the beginning of this turn to be fair.
                        Last edited by craven; 08 Aug 15, 18:30.

Comment

• A thousand apologies for the delay gents.

I changed providers this weekend and getting everything working as it should is taking some effort. I hope to be able to execute the move tomorrow evening.
                          The Purist

Comment

• Much smoke and thunder but...

Napoleon and Wellington fight to an inconclusive draw on the banks of the Ebro River. Neither side could muster enough luck to hurt the other when they had the advantage and withdrew from the battlefield bloodied and weakened but not defeated.
                            The Purist

Comment

• Spanish Guerilla Activity

Danish troops in Old Castille trigger a guerilla uprising as irregular concentrate in the mountains north west of Madrid

Wellington's army in Aragon triggers another guerilla rising north of the Ebro River in Area 394
                              The Purist

Comment

• I have returned.
                                I will do my best to catch up but its a lot of stuff to cover now.

I asked a couple of people to let you know I had been banned for a month, but so it goes....

This is about the only thing I intend to pursue here, what has been held up by my absence?

(oh look, they even took a couple of my ribbons away, how sweet)
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X