Grand total: 145 vessels

Blue - Coalition: 68 ships
    Red - French and Spanish/Allied: 62 ships
    Green - Russian/Russian Allied: 15 ships

Losses by class:

Coalition - 16H, 52L
    Fr/Sp Alliance - 11H, 51L
    Ru/Sw Concordat - 3H, 12L
    Last edited by The Purist; 16 Sep 15, 20:45.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• it a good thing England is a naval power

I think I lost twice as many naval battles as I have one

come to think of it I haven't won many baltle on land either

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
        it a good thing England is a naval power

I think I lost twice as many naval battles as I have one

come to think of it I haven't won many baltle on land either
        I wouldn`t say so that you haven`t won naval battles. Otherwise French and Spanish fleets wouldn`t sit in the ports for more than year. During last series of engagement Purist had to stop us for a moment as France and Spain almost reached instability zone because of lost battles at the sea.

Comment

• The Imperial office of the Admiralty is mightily upset the Imperial High Seas Fleet is mentioned nowhere.

A gross oversight in this otherwise quite extensive overview of maritime operations.

Official protestations have been sent to several major European newspapers.
          Last edited by Snowygerry; 29 Jul 15, 04:41.
          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
          Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
            I wouldn`t say so that you haven`t won naval battles. Otherwise French and Spanish fleets wouldn`t sit in the ports for more than year. During last series of engagement Purist had to stop us for a moment as France and Spain almost reached instability zone because of lost battles at the sea.
            that was mainly from me taking Portugal I believe and I did win the first land battle Spain came close to instability but you been fine the whole time.

the lost ship count is the telling part.

I don't think Nelson won a battle yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
              The Imperial office of the Admiralty is mightily upset the Imperial High Seas Fleet is mentioned nowhere.

A gross oversight in this otherwise quite extensive overview of maritime operations.

Laughing can be heard in the Admiralty office

Spies also report laughter coming from other naval offices in other captials

Comment

that was mainly from me taking Portugal I believe and I did win the first land battle Spain came close to instability but you been fine the whole time.

the lost ship count is the telling part.

I don't think Nelson won a battle yet.
                No, it was when you attacked Denmark and Russia Sweden and Naples. We tried to hold invasion forces and tried to break blockades while part of the RN was engaged in Danish invasion.

BTW I think land officers have larger impact on battles than naval due to tactical/strategic etc. factors that they have in this game.

Also speaking about lost ship count - 2 Danish frigates are the first ships that were lost under British command. All previous losses were suffered when Denmark was under French command (same with Sweden). These losses are now counted as part of anti-french coalition when they in reality have to be a part of French/Spanish losses (when we lost also VP`s) so overall situation is little bit different in favor of anti-french powers (which is logical keeping in mind that our forces were either blockaded and had to break through in disadvantage situation or outnumbered when Denmark, Sweden and Naples were attacked).
                Last edited by Ulrih; 29 Jul 15, 08:55.

Comment

• The Imperial High Seas Fleet has not lost a single vessel during its entire operational lifespan -

Our next Man-o-War to be commissioned will be baptized "The One Hundred Per Cent"

High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                  Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

The Imperial High Seas Fleet has not sailed a single vessel during its entire operational lifespan -

Our next Man-o-War to be commissioned will be baptized "The One Hundred Per Cent"

Fixed it for you.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

...Also speaking about lost ship count - 2 Danish frigates are the first ships that were lost under British command. All previous losses were suffered when Denmark was under French command (same with Sweden). These losses are now counted as part of anti-french coalition when they in reality have to be a part of French/Spanish losses (when we lost also VP`s) so overall situation is little bit different in favor of anti-french powers (which is logical keeping in mind that our forces were either blockaded and had to break through in disadvantage situation or outnumbered when Denmark, Sweden and Naples were attacked).
                      This is true but the losses recorded are meant to be running totals of national losses. The colour coding is there to show the current placement of fleets within one alliance/coalition or another. If, for example, the Danes were a French Free State then the losses would show under that colour code.

I don't want to parse the numbers too much,... tracking this stuff is already plenty of work.
                      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

The Imperial office of the Admiralty is mightily upset the Imperial High Seas Fleet is mentioned nowhere.

One must lose a ship in combat in order to show on the casualty lists, M'Laird
                        The Purist

Comment

No, it was when you attacked Denmark and Russia Sweden and Naples. We tried to hold invasion forces and tried to break blockades while part of the RN was engaged in Danish invasion.

BTW I think land officers have larger impact on battles than naval due to tactical/strategic etc. factors that they have in this game.

Also speaking about lost ship count - 2 Danish frigates are the first ships that were lost under British command. All previous losses were suffered when Denmark was under French command (same with Sweden). These losses are now counted as part of anti-french coalition when they in reality have to be a part of French/Spanish losses (when we lost also VP`s) so overall situation is little bit different in favor of anti-french powers (which is logical keeping in mind that our forces were either blockaded and had to break through in disadvantage situation or outnumbered when Denmark, Sweden and Naples were attacked).
                          um there was a different government in control then. Denmark was already conquered when I came back into the game.

overall I think since I been in control you broke out blockade over 50 percent of the time.

Comment

• Most of the blockade battles have been very close battles one way or the other. The dice have been fairly balanced, which explains the close nature of the losses.

No Trafalgar as yet

The naval war is often over looked by many players. However, until the balance of power on the seas is definitively decided one way or the other, it does not hurt any power to build ships. One never knows when a blood bath may occur that could make even a few extra ships decisive, or propel a modest fleet into major naval power status.

Unlikely but possible.
                            The Purist

Comment

um there was a different government in control then. Denmark was already conquered when I came back into the game.

overall I think since I been in control you broke out blockade over 50 percent of the time.
                              I`m not sure about blockading battles. Went through order`s thread and mostly pure blockading battles ended with draw or French/Spanish loss. Except of course when blockading forces were attacked from outside (when Spain declared war on Britain) and when blockading forces were weaker (like in Naples this turn). Apart from that I found only 2 successful breaks when forces were even or RN slightly stronger - when Brits seized Cherbour by land forces and French fleets had to run away and this naval turn when Dutch fleets finally managed to break blockade at Amsterdam (2 times before they didn`t, one time draw and one time lost battle).

Comment

I`m not sure about blockading battles. Went through order`s thread and mostly pure blockading battles ended with draw or French/Spanish loss. Except of course when blockading forces were attacked from outside (when Spain declared war on Britain) and when blockading forces were weaker (like in Naples this turn). Apart from that I found only 2 successful breaks when forces were even or RN slightly stronger - when Brits seized Cherbour by land forces and French fleets had to run away and this naval turn when Dutch fleets finally managed to break blockade at Amsterdam (2 times before they didn`t, one time draw and one time lost battle).
                                yeah you slipped a heavy in on me at Naples that I was unaware of otherwise I would of deployed slightly differently

I believe nelson lost two battles and has failed to intercept anyone. One interception leading to serious loses of a blockading fleet. early learning curve on how naval battle work though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X