This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    Yes - remarkable, it seems that in order to get my former allies to discuss strategy I had to declare war on them, suffice it to say I disagree with their analysis

Eh - no I don't.

I will admit that seeing the Russians in Amsterdam, Sweden and Italy, made your complaints about Corsican Ogre sound a bit hollow,

parking Kutusov and his entire army in Munster was cute, your little flank march across Italy was a bit much though - no way to tolerate that and still call myself emperor

That is confirmed by the Imperial archives yes,

it does not explain how I "pushed Britain into war" however, nor does it seem such a valiant effort it would somehow warrant my eternal gratitude.
    simple you told me your actions would not cause war between spain and the UK matter of fact I harped on that point and you said you would support me if it did so not eternal gratitude just failure to hold up your end

my actions in support of you caused ex to fear that England was actually going to attack him which I was not planning to

so to summarize you made a promise that your actions would not cause a war between spain and the UK it did

Once you got what you wanted you bailed. and then backstabbed England by destroying a coordinated attack against Spain and France.

as for discussing strategy it was apparent you were not going to attack France on our timetable so why would we discuss our attack plan with you.

France is unstoppable now although I am not sure France could win the game currently a lot of vps to make up from subpar years. But France definitely could run over you if he chose to and will need to do to get vps.

France could take probally both Russia and Austria to the woodshed right now. Except he decided he wants to invade England so wasting money on ships
    Last edited by craven; 05 May 15, 10:58.

Comment

I will admit that seeing the Russians in Amsterdam, Sweden and Italy, made your complaints about Corsican Ogre sound a bit hollow,
      Funny since you did, and still do, have more minors than I.

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
      parking Kutusov and his entire army in Munster was cute, your little flank march across Italy was a bit much though - no way to tolerate that and still call myself emperor

I didn't park Kutusov in Munster nor have forces in Amsterdam until after I was at war with France.

I would not have had to march through Italy if you had not made a deal with France that allowed him to concentrate his entire army in the north against me.

And another thing, we tried to talk strategy with you but you refused to commit to any dates or plans. Makes it hard to get anywhere with you being unwilling to commit to anything.
      Last edited by Tsar; 05 May 15, 23:46.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
        (...)
        so to summarize you made a promise that your actions would not cause a war between spain and the UK it did
        I made no such promise, nor could I, the consequences of our actions are not for us mere mortals to predict.

As it happens I dug up the transcripts of our agreement - they are available for private consultation at the Imperial embassy.

There is no promise - it does however appear you still owe me money, my legal advisors are making the calculations now

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
        (...)
        I would not have had to march through Italy if you had not made a deal with France that allowed him to concentrate his entire army in the north against me.
        Massena was advised to leave Italy, pronto -

and he did, he went south though to support the Spanish iirc, not North.

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
        Funny since you did, and still do, have more minors than I.
        I'm an elected emperor, they are not minors but my electors, contrary to some I did not find my crown in the gutter
        Last edited by Snowygerry; 06 May 15, 03:36.
        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

I made no such promise, nor could I, the consequences of our actions are not for us mere mortals to predict.

As it happens I dug up the transcripts of our agreement - they are available for private consultation at the Imperial embassy.

There is no promise - it does however appear you still owe me money, my legal advisors are making the calculations now

Massena was advised to leave Italy, pronto -

and he did, he went south though to support the Spanish iirc, not North.

I'm an elected emperor, they are not minors but my electors, contrary to some I did not find my crown in the gutter
          actually that part you negotiated yourself out of since you did not want to go to war with France in the near future and that the only reason you were going to get money and it was to build up your fleet I believe

I just agreed to worry Ex a little

Comment

• Just need a quick clarification for the Turks and we press on
            The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
              actually that part you negotiated yourself out of since you did not want to go to war with France in the near future and that the only reason you were going to get money and it was to build up your fleet I believe

I just agreed to worry Ex a little
              Ah - I was told it was to improve the lot of the less privileged in the Empire.

why would you pay nations to go to war with other nations - perfidious Albion indeed
              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• A lot more talk and a lot less action.
                How predictable.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

A lot more talk and a lot less action.
                  How predictable.
                  lmao I thought me and you had a lot of action

Granted I have had the better of it. But as I said our African campaign has provided a lot of action.

Comment

• Get ready for Apr 07

I will have the French econ phase, the VP and map updates posted tonight.
                    Everybody get your diplomacy underway, please
                    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Diplomacy? Doesn't that take 2 (or more) to do? Since there seems to be a dirth of people that want to do it you can skip it.
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• VP and Political Status

Political Status

Austria and France are currently leading in status in Europe followed by Britain and then Spain. While Spain has slid a bit behind due to recent losses in Africa she is still very much in the running. Britain, still in the over all lead in VPs (see below) is also challenging France and Austria for political dominance. Russia Turkey and Austria complete the field as of the end of MAr 1807

Victory Points

Political Status converts into Victory Points and here is where Austria is creeping up on Great Britain's lead, even if Britain still retains a solid lead. Russia is only slightly behind Austria followed by Turkey, Spain, France and then Prussia.

Attached Files
                        The Purist

Comment

• Map Updates

Here be the current map updates

Northwest Europe

Austria-Prussia

Dalmatia-Southern Austria

West Central Mediterranean and Southern Italy

Southern Spain and Northwest Africa

Attached Files
                          Last edited by The Purist; 11 May 15, 22:59.
                          The Purist

Comment

• Diplomacy Phase - Mar 07

Just a few loose strings to tie up with France before pressing on.

One thing everyone who is currently in a war could do is confirm their terms for surrender. A lot of ground has changed hands and the situation has changed quite a bit since early 1806 so some terms you may have chosen may no longer be valid.

Best do it now and not have obsolete demands.
                            The Purist

Comment

• Let move it!

Diplomatic actions if you please.

For those who want to update change terms with the countries you are war with, let me know.

Thus far only Russia is up to date.
                              The Purist

Comment

• Ok,... France is checking a couple of points with Spain and then we push on.
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X