Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, interesting... Based on previous posts everything turned out really great for France and Spain and everything is screwed for UK and Russia. I wonder why those 2 countries are in the lead and France and Spain are not. Probably there is only one explanation - mystery...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
      Hmm, interesting... Based on previous posts everything turned out really great for France and Spain and everything is screwed for UK and Russia. I wonder why those 2 countries are in the lead and France and Spain are not. Probably there is only one explanation - mystery...
      No everything worked well for you Right up till you failed to attack Austria right after making peace with Russia.

Never said Spain had a good life.

and did not Austria pass England last turn since Egland gained no vps

Comment

• Battle at Tangiers

Blake and Wellington are engaged.

Need tac chit pics,.... 3 each please.
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• btw who is this Blake guy histrocially

wiki is not always a bad thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joaqu%C3%ADn_Blake

Comment

• well got to hand it to ex he livened up the game

Well fought battle for Africa

Comment

• What chits did you draw, I can't see that or what was really going on there.

Most confusing of all was "Cadiz"
              WTF, when did Cadiz become part of Africa?

(edit)
              HOLD UP.
              Guards?!?
              I thought I was giving orders to 2 Corps, not one, and in Africa NOT SPAIN.
              My orders would have been totally different if the battle was being fought in Spain rather than Africa, what is going on here?

I need serious clarification here and I will demand a re-do, as well as a better recounting of what is going on. The lack of a graphic also has be concerned.
              Last edited by The Exorcist; 02 May 15, 13:07.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                What chits did you draw, I can't see that or what was really going on there.

(edit)
                HOLD UP.
                Guards?!?
                My orders would have been totally different if the battle was being fought in Spain rather than Africa, what is going on here?

I need serious clarification here and I will demand a re-do, as well as a better recounting of what is going on. The lack of a graphic also has be concerned.
                Hmm, I see in Orders Thread that your 2 Corps from are 692 moved to Tangiers where they had a battle with Brits.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  What chits did you draw, I can't see that or what was really going on there.

(edit)
                  HOLD UP.
                  Guards?!?

Its a typo battle was in Tangier

but I went with defense and it appears you went with assault

you had two corps battle was two corps vs two corps problem was you were not in supply so you lost 2 miltia before the fight

was a straight up fight though

I had higher morale and you outnumbered I was going to win barring bad dice rolls or wrong choice on chits

Area 692 - Blake, 2 corps: move 712, 711, Tangiers - forage, 2M loss

$0 spent on supply

Land Combat Phase

Third Battle of Cadiz

Blake makes a dash for Tangiers and the hope of holding an African bridgehead.

Spanish forces:

I Corps: 6I, 1M, 2C
                  II Corps: 1I, 2C

Blake commands: Strategic 2, Tactical 23, Corps max: 4

14,000 Infantry, 2000 Militia, 8,000 Cavalry - Army Morale 2.92

Tactical chit : Escalated Assault
                  British forces:
                  Last edited by craven; 02 May 15, 18:55.

Comment

• Yes, sorry about the typo and the heart palpitations

Battle was in Tangiers. It was long shot but I would have done the same.
                    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• While we wait for the economies to be manipulated the current victory standings are (front to back):

GB, Austria, Russia, Turkey, Spain, France, Prussia.

Britain and Austria are only 2% at 24 v 22 of VPs needed the rest follow (in %) at 21, 20, 19, 18, 15
                      The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                        um nope

you asked for Englands help I provided that help on the basis that you would not push England into a war.

You pushed England into a war. Once you started the war you had an obligation to support your Ally England rather that making peace

So for helping you England has lost 20 ship and a lot of time in which I should of been beating on France.
                        Sound like a lot of nonsense to me, what help did you provide exactly ?

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                        He also made a deal with France that let them concentrate their whole army in the north against me which would have ensured the destruction of my army. All while protecting himself.

So far he has done nothing to help bring down France and has done plenty to help them get bigger.
                        The object of this game is not to "bring down France" - when I took over, the Russians were trampling all over Europe like they bloody well owned the place, they had to be cut down to size a bit
                        Last edited by Snowygerry; 04 May 15, 02:55.
                        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                          Sound like a lot of nonsense to me, what help did you provide exactly ?

The object of this game is not to "bring down France" - when I took over, the Russians were trampling all over Europe like they bloody well owned the place, they had to be cut down to size a bit
                          ahhh see you forget the deals you make. and btw I was not the one you made the deal with incase you forgot I just got charged with implementing it.

Your request tie up the Spanish fleet for a bit which I did until Ex requested I move my fleet out of the way. Which at that your stated objective were achieved.

France always needs to be stopped first then the little guys can duke it out. Just look at the manpower numbers and gold.

They can lose every battle for three months probally and then rollover anyone they want the next econ phase to manpower and money.

Ulrich is right now set to win any war unless driven into the bad political zone. I am not sure he can earn enough vps to pull off a win though.

It what I just did to Spain. couldn't win a battle to save my life but wore down his quality troops and then marched across Africa.

It took me a while to figure that one out. I think once I was just crushing Austria while being Prussia but then started losing because after while the numbers just started to tell.
                          Last edited by craven; 04 May 15, 11:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                            If you don't think it is to stop France then you are seriously deluded.

But at least you are finally admitting that you planed to harm me rather than “were forced” to by circumstances.
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Interesting, very interesting, so much backstabing deals already from the beginning of the game. Guys, I'm surprised and in a good way as we're having almost real Wienna Congress

Comment

• Yes - remarkable, it seems that in order to get my former allies to discuss strategy I had to declare war on them, suffice it to say I disagree with their analysis

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                                (...)
                                But at least you are finally admitting that you planed to harm me rather than “were forced” to by circumstances.
                                Eh - no I don't.

I will admit that seeing the Russians in Amsterdam, Sweden and Italy, made your complaints about Corsican Ogre sound a bit hollow,

parking Kutusov and his entire army in Munster was cute, your little flank march across Italy was a bit much though - no way to tolerate that and still call myself emperor

Originally posted by craven View Post
                                ahhh see you forget the deals you make. and btw I was not the one you made the deal with incase you forgot I just got charged with implementing it.

Your request tie up the Spanish fleet for a bit which I did until Ex requested I move my fleet out of the way. Which at that your stated objective were achieved.
                                That is confirmed by the Imperial archives yes,

it does not explain how I "pushed Britain into war" however, nor does it seem such a valiant effort it would somehow warrant my eternal gratitude.
                                Last edited by Snowygerry; 05 May 15, 04:50.
                                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X