X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy Dec 06

Everyone up for Diplomacy!!!

France is complete,.... Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain next.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Everyone up for Naval moves

Russia, Austria, France, Spain, Great Britain/Turkey

(Prussia has not yet launched its naval program so it was not included. But soon!!!)
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• End of 1806

Econ Phase for Dec 1806

Great Britain, Spain, Prussia, Austria, Turkey, Russia France.

Those wishing to bid for Turkey should let it be known.
        The Purist

Comment

• I'll bid for Turkey - seems easier than invading them, although chance of success is much smaller
          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• France is not bidding for Turkey. I think that now we have more or less balance which could drastically change if France will win bidding for Turkey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
              France is not bidding for Turkey. I think that now we have more or less balance which could drastically change if France will win bidding for Turkey.
              Just bid, Craven is controlling two factions at once, so was Tsar before him, nothing balanced about it.

Just the rules as they are
              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• A teaser

This was the Political standings before VP collection and the auto adjustment back towards the median.

Note France, Spain and Austria are now the dominant powers. VP wise, France will bound forward a bit as will Austria and Spain. Britain's lead in VPs will be reduced. Russia should still be in second place but Austria should right behind if not pulling neck and neck.

The complete situation will be revealed at the end of the econ phase.

Attached Files
                The Purist

Comment

• Note France, Spain and Austria are now the dominant powers. VP wise,
                  We are?
                  I am?!

How... what.... WOW!
                  Okay, thanks, that's very interesting.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Yup,... Spanish troops have been involved in a number of victories against the British and Turko-Ottomans. You can win battles and still lose ground.
                    The Purist

Comment

• Yep you can consistently lose battles and still win the war in the long run if you got enough troops to suck up the loeses

Which is why France is still the top dog because when it finally decides to unleash it armies it can just grind its way to victory.

Comment

• Well,... not really. If you constantly lose battles your pol pts will plummet and with them the VPs. That makes a wins very unlikely. Using Spain as an example it chose to withdraw from Tunis but in the process had won a number of battles before yielding ground that was not essential to hold.

There is a difference.
                        The Purist

Comment

• Bids for Turkey.

Thus far I have Russia, Austria, Prussia and Britain on the bidders list.

If I missed anyone let me know.
                          Last edited by The Purist; 23 Feb 15, 10:47.
                          The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                            Bids for Turkey.

Thus far I have Russia, Austria, Turkey and Britain on the bidders list.

If I missed anyone let me know.
                            Turkey is bidding for Turkey??

Erm,.... Prussia
                            Last edited by The Purist; 23 Feb 15, 10:48.
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Apologies, Lads. I thjought I posted the French econ numbers and was patiently waiting on M. l'Emperor's input.

Seems my thoughts did not represent my actions.

I shall correct this evening...
                              The Purist

Comment

• Political Standing Jan 1807

Political Status

After adjustments France , Spain and Austria still dominate Europe politically. Spain's turn around is the talk of the salons of Paris to the coffee houses of Constantinople. The British House of Lords is less enthused.

Victory Points

While the French Chamber of Deputies is more than pleased with France's improved standing as as those of her allies, the fact that the British still hold the advantage in the war is less than happy news. On the other hand, the House of Commons in London is quite pleased with situation and vote an increased pension for "the Iron Duke'.

In all seriousness:

Britian still holds the lead but it has narrowed as Austria and Russia close up.
                                Austria pulled into a tie with Russia for second place
                                Spain's recent run of victories has moved it into a competitive position with Turkey for third place.
                                France has made up some ground and can advance quickly if the run can continue. Close behind in fourth.
                                Prussia once more a secure state in the stable zone. It's plans remain an enigma.
                                Attached Files
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X