Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humm, na. I'd rather have the political points for sinking them.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Blockade Battle of Cagliari

Naval Losses

Current losses as of Oct 1806 stand at:

Royal Navy - 10H, 32L
      France - 17L
      Spain - 4H, 10L

Russia - 6L
      Turkey - 1L
      Portugal - 7H, 8L
      Sweden - 3H, 6L
      Denmark - 6H, 6L
      Holland 6L
      Naples - 1L

Grand total: 123 vessels

Blue - Coalition: 55 ships
      Red - French and Spanish/Allied: 53 ships
      Green - Russian/Russian Allied: 15 ships

Losses by class:

Coalition - 16H, 39L
      Fr/Sp Alliance - 11H, 42L
      Ru/Sw Concordat - 3H, 12L
      Last edited by The Purist; 28 Jul 15, 22:56.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Re-flagging warships

Some of you may have noted the recent naval battle where the French controlled Neapolitan fleet engaged a combined RN and Turkish naval force at Cagliari. The Turks took part in the engagement even though Turkey is not at war with France. This happened because the Turkish frigates were loaned to the RN and under RN command.

This a change from the board game, for those who know it. In that case the ships of the neutral power, on loan or not, would have stood aside.
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
          Some of you may have noted the recent naval battle where the French controlled Neapolitan fleet engaged a combined RN and Turkish naval force at Cagliari. The Turks took part in the engagement even though Turkey is not at war with France. This happened because the Turkish frigates were loaned to the RN and under RN command.

This a change from the board game, for those who know it. In that case the ships of the neutral power, on loan or not, would have stood aside.
          I wonder if that would happen also during land battles? Previously was mentioned several times that land troops in such situation will stand and watch their allies fighting.
          Last edited by Ulrih; 16 Dec 14, 03:00.

Comment

• That is a very good question. I have not seen that situation in computer game and the book is not too clear on that point.
            The Purist

Comment

• So the only way to find out is to actually try ?

Well we may be in for some surprising battles in the new year then
              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Battle in Portugal

Paging Lord Wellington.

Lord Wellington, white courtesy phone. Lord Wellington, white courtesy phone, please.

Your choice of tactical chits is required. Massena and his Franco-Spanish army are advanciong on your positions.
                The Purist

Comment

• Wellington is wondering who and what he fighting and where they came from

just waiting to hear from Purist on the generic battle outline ie number of corps and where they came from

Comment

• Don't forget to check the last moves and battles. There were five Spanish/French corps (2 and 3 respectively) last month,... same this month. The full French move is being posted now.
                    The Purist

Comment

• yeah I was just checking to see how many corps I get to destroy.

I am due for a good land battle haven't had one yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                        So the only way to find out is to actually try ?

Well we may be in for some surprising battles in the new year then
                        Well,... here is a bit of answer.

Two Austrian corps on loan to France advanced into the same area as the Russian corps that retreated to the area east of Vienna last month. This did not trigger a battle between Austria and Russia.

Very interesting.

I suspect that a French corps loaned to Austria could fight Russia.

And in other news

Russia land phase.
                        The Purist

Comment

• Turkish land phase

Third Battle of Tunis coming up this evening. Tactics have been chosen, the armies take to the fields, fifes twirl and drums rattle.

Now its up to fate.
                          The Purist

Comment

• Sorry team,... was quite ill last night and got no where near my computer.

Hope to get to it this evening.
                            The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                              Sorry team,... was quite ill last night and got no where near my computer.

Hope to get to it this evening.
                              It`s not so essential. Get well soon

Comment

• I only just got back from Xmas with the family myself.

Did we win?
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X