This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
    Actually,... it's only 22I as that corps only had 1I remaining afdter it deployed the garrison. The 3I result was according to the dr. Note, however, that four other corps in other locations, including cavalry foraged without loss.
    Anyway Russians lost a lot. If these other corps would also have similar losses then it would be something close to catastrophe already. And yet "The winter is coming"... 2-3 similar months and Russia will be with half-seized army.

Comment

• Holy crap.... all that in just 2 battles?!

Central Europe must be the meat-grinder from hell, glad I ain't involved in that!
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Wait until two really large armies collide on equal terms. Instead of roughly 88,000 casulaties you can easily see 100,000 - 120,000. More if the winner gets a good pursuit and infantry or militia are run down in the rear guards.
        Last edited by The Purist; 04 Nov 14, 18:23.
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Which is one of the reasons why I didn't walk into his capital, yet.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
            Which is one of the reasons why I didn't walk into his capital, yet.
            Walk?
            At this rate, you'll be lucky if you can still crawl!

The equivalent of 4 complete Corps just went up in smoke, and this is just the preliminaries.
            Incredible...

Yeah, you guys can have central Europe, I think I'll stick to island hoping.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• you mean stuck in in Spain

I even left some transports out there for you last turn to go get.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                Walk?
                At this rate, you'll be lucky if you can still crawl!

The equivalent of 4 complete Corps just went up in smoke, and this is just the preliminaries.
                Incredible...

Yeah, you guys can have central Europe, I think I'll stick to island hoping.
                Really? You only have 5I per Corp? That is really pathetic. It was barely over 1 of my Corps.
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                  you mean stuck in in Spain

I even left some transports out there for you last turn to go get.
                  Yeah, speaking of subtle...

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                  Really? You only have 5I per Corp? That is really pathetic. It was barely over 1 of my Corps.
                  22 in one battle and 23 in the other, as that said, that's 45 factors. I know its the combined total for each side, but still.
                  At least we know it won't be a long war, one way or the other.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                    That does in no way explain however why Mother Russia sends her sons to war, deprived of any support, only to litter European roads and fields with their famished corpses, for sole purpose of satisfying the Tsar's ego.

Does she not love them ?

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                    Which is one of the reasons why I didn't walk into his capital, yet.
                    It does appear to me you're advancing on my capital in somewhat retrograde fashion

Perhaps to make room for the Prussians ?
                    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                      That does in no way explain however why Mother Russia sends her sons to war, deprived of any support, only to litter European roads and fields with their famished corpses, for sole purpose of satisfying the Tsar's ego.

Does she not love them ?
                      My troops go where they are told and do what they are told..and they are damn happy to do so.

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                      It does appear to me you're advancing on my capital in somewhat retrograde fashion

Perhaps to make room for the Prussians ?
                      I wouldn't expect him to attack your capital alone. Than again I don't see you going for mine either.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        Yeah, speaking of subtle...

22 in one battle and 23 in the other, as that said, that's 45 factors. I know its the combined total for each side, but still.
                        At least we know it won't be a long war, one way or the other.
                        Purist thought I was nuts for leaving them unguarded.

I figured u stay in port 😄

Comment

• Fyi turkey and the uk did nothing this turn land wise if u want to plan your move

Comment

Purist thought I was nuts for leaving them unguarded.

I figured u stay in port 😄
                            Unguarded what? Transport ships? If so then from what they have to be guarded - from winter storms? It`s not like someone can move between RN moves when you use "double move"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                              Unguarded what? Transport ships? If so then from what they have to be guarded - from winter storms? It`s not like someone can move between RN moves when you use "double move"
                              No this last turn Spain could of made a move against them I left some Spanish ship open Instead they got to sail into lisbon

Comment

No this last turn Spain could of made a move against them I left some Spanish ship open Instead they got to sail into lisbon
                                Yes, but with these few ships damage to your transport fleet could be done but after that these few ships would face overwhelming force of RN next turn and probably would be destroyed. Keeping in mind that to build transport ship you need 4$ and it takes 6 months while light ships - 6$ and 9 months, heavy ships - 9$ and 12 months, it was wise not to go after your transports.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X