Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I agree, but what can you do, change the computer program?
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
      No comments anyone ?

Strange - surely you all have an opinion on the game you're playing
      Personally I am ok with it. just forces you to pick your fights better.

Comment

• I don`t feel that there is such big advantage by signing peace. At least in case of unconditional surrender. If I understood game rules correctly this is only surrender that could be accepted by default when offered and in case of cond.surrender it has to accepted by both sides. And unconditional surrender can be harsh for surrendering size - for example if I would choose such surrender from Prussia in early part of the game then by choosing "remove 3 corps" Prussians would be almost without land forces with problems to rebuild them.
        But maybe I didn`t get right some game rules and I`m mistaken.

What I`m more concerned about is VP`s. It`s possible to get them only in two ways - through the battles and signing peace after that and through Economic manipulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          Well, I agree, but what can you do, change the computer program?
          Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change a thing - not here in our game at any rate, but to the developers I would indeed suggest to change it in future versions, especially if their product is geared for online play.

Competitive players are often very young and focused on winning at all cost - they'll seek out such loopholes and exploit them in every way possible.

I'm willing to bet if you visit the dedicated boards of this game, "Glass Wall" strategies are already being discussed at length, I just can't be arsed to check
          Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
          I don`t feel that there is such big advantage by signing peace. At least in case of unconditional surrender. If I understood game rules correctly this is only surrender that could be accepted by default when offered and in case of cond.surrender it has to accepted by both sides. And unconditional surrender can be harsh for surrendering size - for example if I would choose such surrender from Prussia in early part of the game then by choosing "remove 3 corps" Prussians would be almost without land forces with problems to rebuild them.
          But maybe I didn`t get right some game rules and I`m mistaken.
          I'm fairly sure the enforced peace is part of conditional surrender as well, I tried to negotiate one without it after the war with Spain at any rate and was unable to do so.

France for example can surrender to either Russia/Prussia/Austria early-game, no matter the cost - it would allow them 15 months to concentrate the one (or two) ally they have *not* surrendered to and wipe that one of the map.

What I`m more concerned about is VP`s. It`s possible to get them only in two ways - through the battles and signing peace after that and through Economic manipulation.
          Considering the situation - I'm sure you'll understand I haven't looked into the particulars of VP all that much lately - you may well be right

Originally posted by craven View Post
          Personally I am ok with it. just forces you to pick your fights better.
          As it should be - but it also makes surrendering a very strong defensive move, and that really has no base in reality or strategy.

Thanks for your replies - very enjoyable game all in all
          Last edited by Snowygerry; 26 Aug 14, 04:03.
          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
            I'm fairly sure the enforced peace is part of conditional surrender as well, I tried to negotiate one without it after the war with Spain at any rate and was unable to do so.
            Yes, you`re right about it.

Comment

• Strategic surrenders are definitely part of the strategies employed. It is a form of diplomacy used to break up coalitions formed against any one power. It can be painful but effective. Since powers of the day generally kept their terms of surrender and terms were always offered, its a matter of how much pain one will be willing to endure to achieve one's ends through diplomacy.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Naval Phase,... rather uneventful at the moment.

Britain is up.
                The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• A Pause for the weekend

Apologies, Gentlemen,

I had completely forgotten that the lady of the house had booked us for weekend getaway on Mt Assinaboine. Only way in is by foot or helicopter. we did the forced march in 08 so are flying in this trip.

I'll catch up on my return Sunday evening. The British naval move amounted to blockading the Spanish in Cagliari and moving their transports to Portuguese waters while maintaining the other blockades.

Back Sunday.
                  The Purist

Comment

• Ok,... Its time to move on the ground. Let's start with Russia, Turkey, Austria and so on.
                    The Purist

Comment

• Austria in between Russia and Prussia ?

I'd rather move after *both* of them if you don't mind
                      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Sorry,... no can do. The only way to do that is loan your troops to a power that moves after (or before) both.
                        The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                          Sorry,... no can do. The only way to do that is loan your troops to a power that moves after (or before) both.
                          But for the next land turn as Snowy should then loan his troops during reinforcement phase, right?

Comment

• Well you made it sound as if it was up for debate,

if there's a defined order of moving I'll obide by it - obviously

To the Moscva

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                              But for the next land turn as Snowy should then loan his troops during reinforcement phase, right?
                              Yes. He could do that.
                              The Purist

Comment

• Austrian land - Aug 06

Austria is formulating his response to the current situation.
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X