Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's on the map now. Unlike the board game we are both familiar with the corps are not placed during triggering move. In this computer version they are placed during the following reinforcement phase and can be placed in *any* legal and not just the trigger area.

Had SG been around he could have placed both corps in the same or two totally different areas if he so chose.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Ok, Gents.

We will pasue here until my return from tramping about the mountains and valleys of British Columbia. I'll be back Sep 2nd and will get the naval phases going then.

In the meantime, to help you all with plans I will post a set of 6 maps. Please have naval move ready, or as ready as possible.

Cheers.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Gents,

Had to update the Diplomacy results.

Got so excited about Prussia entering the war that I forgot to announce the Franco-Austrian alliance.
        The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
          Gents,

Had to update the Diplomacy results.

Got so excited about Prussia entering the war that I forgot to announce the Franco-Austrian alliance.

Not that they can do anything, they are already at war with Britain, it will be 15 months before they can attack me and at least 5 months before they have an option on Prussia. This is a none event.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
            Ok, Gents.

We will pasue here until my return from tramping about the mountains and valleys of British Columbia. I'll be back Sep 2nd and will get the naval phases going then.

In the meantime, to help you all with plans I will post a set of 6 maps. Please have naval move ready, or as ready as possible.

Cheers.
            Anyone seen the maps?
            Any idea where they are?
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Maps

I held off in case we could get the naval phase done tonight. I am pretty sure I know the French/Spanish moves, just need the Russian, RN/Turkish moves and we can forge ahead.

Then I can do the maps.
              The Purist

Comment

• Map updates - Jul 1806

Current Maps going into Land August 1806

North Central Europe

South Central Europe

Northwestern Europe

Spain

Northwestern Africa

Attached Files
                The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                  Not that they can do anything, they are already at war with Britain, it will be 15 months before they can attack me and at least 5 months before they have an option on Prussia. This is a none event.
                  Oh my - how will the Prussians hold out for 10 months, all on their own.

Will the poor sods once again be sacrificed on the altar of imperialist Russian and English ambitions.

High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Thanks, but what I had wanted to see was Italy.
                    It looks as if Austria holds the center, France the north... and south?
                    Sicily is Russian?
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Will the poor sods once again be sacrificed on the altar of imperialist Russian and English ambitions.

No if they are sacrificed it will be because of Austria's betrayals and backstabbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Lmao you do realize I haven't even talked to Prussia

Havent talked to Russia since you attacked them

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          Thanks, but what I had wanted to see was Italy.
                          It looks as if Austria holds the center, France the north... and south?
                          Sicily is Russian?

Yep

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                            No if they are sacrificed it will be because of Austria's betrayals and backstabbing.
                            Well the way I read your post, you seem fine with the Grande Armée rumbling across their border in 5 months time, while the Russians - by your own admission - will be forced to sit on their hands for another 10 months on account of a forced peace with France.

Most likely I misunderstood something

Originally posted by craven View Post
                            Lmao you do realize I haven't even talked to Prussia

Havent talked to Russia since you attacked them
                            THAT I believe yes
                            Last edited by Snowygerry; 20 Aug 14, 02:19.
                            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• On a more serious note and since I took it from TP’s comments that the computer version of this game is only 1.2, I’d recommend they take a long look at the “enforced peace after surrender” rule.

It has serious potential for being exploited and “professional” gamers will flock to it like vultures to a Prussian corps.

In this game so far we have seen the first Prussian surrender that created a safe zone for the Russians to build an invasion force right under the nose of the French.

We've seen Russia surrender to France to secure its flank.

We now see the Grande Armée stalled at a “glass wall” on the Prussian border, even though realistically *and* in their own interest, they would attack in both cases.

Incidentally it would also prevent something like the 100-days campaign from happening, since it would prevent the allies from declaring war upon Napoleons return and give him a year or so to rebuild France.

I understand this rule came about to end an exploit where a nation would accept surrender and immediately declare war again, but I feel in this case the cure is worse than the disease.

Just imho.
                              Last edited by Snowygerry; 20 Aug 14, 10:00.

Comment

• No comments anyone ?

Strange - surely you all have an opinion on the game you're playing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X