Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• btw just a fyi for the next guy to start planning the Turks stayed in place and did nothing.

Comment

• Sorry for the delay, Gents. Weather has been too perfect to sit inside so I have been tramping about the mountains.

Got the Turks and Austrians all taken care of.

Prussia up next.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Final Spanish tweaks

Just a clarification for a couple of Spanish moves and we move on.
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Where is the listing for the Insurrection Corps? It should have appeared under the Austrian move.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• I thought so too, since it stopped the Cossack move. I do not know why it did not show on the map unless it was not fully triggered by a mere Cossack.

I have not seen this situation before so I'm not sure. I hope to know more come the Austrian Diplomacy Phase. The Austrian may be able to move the trigger point again if this was not the full triggering of the corps. I hope this is not another glitch in this game.

Speaking of which, there is supposed to be a new patch coming (vers 1.2) but I don't have more information yet.
            The Purist

Comment

• uh oh...
              Not gonna loose the game again, are we?
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• ok everyone surrender to me now so we can at least say we finished a game for once

Comment

• Diplomacy Phase - Aug 1806

August 1806 - AT LAST

Everyone up for Diplomacy!!!

France, Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain
                  The Purist

Comment

• Ok, Team!

I will be leaving for 2 weeks vacation beginning the 17th of August, returning Sept 2nd.

I'll be cycling, swimming, hiking and otherwise escaping the civilised world in the Canadian Rockies for two weeks. When in range of some sort of internet source I'll pop in but otherwise will be "off the grid". let's see if we can get past the Diplomacy phase before Sunday. We may even get past the Reinforcement Phase (being a cav phase not much should be happening).

Cheers.
                    The Purist

Comment

• Prussian diplomacy

Just need Prussia's diplomatic moves and we are off to the Hustings.

(Political speech making bits of the definition,... no election campaigns in these parts.)
                      The Purist

Comment

• Zounds!!!!

Much happening with ground quaking implications.

Full events posted this evening!!!
                        The Purist

Comment

• What reinforcements?
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                            What reinforcements?
                            Well, you may not have any but this is time to add/remove leaders, too.
                            The Purist

Comment

• Austrian Insurrection Corps

Ok,... I figured out how these "emergency" corps work. When an enemy units enters one of trigger zones it releases both corps to be placed at the discretion of the Austrian player.

Since Snowygerry is generally unavailable on weekend he leaves me instructions on what to do.

In this case one of the corps was to be placed in Vienna - done.

The second corps could now be placed wherever Austria so chooses as long as it in not mountain terrain. With SG is away I figured the best "guess" was to place it as near to the trigger area as possible. I assigned a random number to the 6 possible nearest areas around the trigger zone (785).

This areas were 784, 780, 781, 782, 495, 494.

The number drawn (5) matched 782 (Lublin) and the corps was placed.
                              The Purist

Comment

• So one of the Corps is in Lublin but just not showing up as being on the map?
                                I wish I could get stealth corps like that.
                                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X