This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    I'm still weirded-out by the map issues.

Purist; one thing is the real issue for me; many ports are shown as having access to 2 sea hexes.
    Is this true in practice, or not?
    Yup. Corunna, Gibratar, Portsmouth, Cherbourg and so on.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
      see and that was beneficial
      When I get home this evening I will walk through the battle of Lisbon blow by blow, referencing the charts found up in the stickied map thread.

It "looks" complcated but it is not really. Once you know which number represents the "Casualty" column and which the "Morale" on the chart then those 3-1, 4-2, 4-4 references become "ahah!!" moments.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Okay, so it was a bloodbath. I'm just glad my allies didn't get the worst of it in a battle I lead them into.

Ready to move on now.
        Can I get to spend some more money soon?
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Soon.
          The Purist

Comment

• Turkey and reinforcements

Britain has given Turkish control back to the AI. This does not chnace alliances or the war with Spain it simply means Turkey will follow its own "coded path".

At the beginning of January 1807 powers may bid for control of Turkey as per normal.

Gents,.... cancel the above. Britain misunderstood what was going on and wants to hold onto the Turks for now.
            Last edited by The Purist; 05 Jun 14, 21:47.
            The Purist

Comment

• The Diplomacy Phase

Gents,

I have been realising over the past few months that the format for the diplomacy phase was a bit too open. A lot of what happens in the diplomacy phase goes on behind the scenes and short of the players discussing it in public, other players should not know the goings on. However, if both players want the terms of a peace kept quiet until peace is actually declared they can - terms are then published in the press.

For example: France normally goes first in the phase and if he is going to sue for peace (normally something discussed in private), everyone after him would know and could adjust their own plans. Whereas Spain, who goes last gains all sorts of intell for free. This does not stop players form talking amongst themselves but the actual political acts - Declarations of War on Majors, sueing for peace, making alliances, influencing neutral minors, setting peace terms, etc. would not be known until all diplomatic actions are complete.

So,... the format for diplomacy will change this month, only showing acts that are public while "simultaneous" action will be noted in the "results" section.

Cheers.
              The Purist

Comment

• But isn`t that Spanish advantage? Like British to choose when to move in naval phase and French to choose when to move in land phase.

Comment

• No,.. not really. The Brtish and French choices in naval and land phases are based on historical advantages. I don't recall Spain being superiori diplomats during the Napoleonic wars.
                  The Purist

Comment

• British reinforcements - Chanbery - 1I joins city garrison, I wonder where it is? Didn`t find that on the map.

Savoy,... one of those extra little duchies the big powers get to gobble up. This one is on the border betweeb France and Piedmont,.. I'll check the map thread.
                    Last edited by The Purist; 11 Jun 14, 14:00.

Comment

• Just waiting on a final decision from Britain regarding the RN. Move should be complete by midday Saturday
                      The Purist

Comment

• Battle of Freiburg

Arch Duke Charles with 1 infantry and 2 cavalry corps has deployed to battle Czar Alexander with 2 infantry corps at Freiburg in Breisgau, southern Germany.

Gentlemen, select your tactical chits and forward to me via pm. If I do not receive them before 0000 GMT Friday (1600h Thursday in western North America - Mountain daylight time) the chit picks will be random.
                        The Purist

Comment

• The Russians hold out in the forests of Freiburg but are little more than a bloody remnant.

Russia loses 14,000 infantry to Austria's 6000 infantry and cavalry.

Prussia's land phase
                          The Purist

Comment

• Sorry about my enforced absence.
                            All is set now and my new Windows 7 seems to be functioning reasonably well.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                              Sorry about my enforced absence.
                              All is set now and my new Windows 7 seems to be functioning reasonably well.
                              oh I know that pain dam hackers new harddrive and all old info gone.

Comment

• Austrian econ

Austria has a few decisions to make so we have a slight pause while the Emperor decides on strategy.
                                The Purist

Comment

Working...
                                X