This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    No, I went around the River, used full movement to do so.
    But, one more win like that and we're done for, 3 corps? My intell told me there were only two.
    Funny how that works. Was trying to force them back into Lisbon to put the city in siege.
    You started in Giib Right it four move just to get Libson

If not this game is really starting to annoy me as due to a lack of awareness of where people actually are

Comment

• If you read the last Spanish moves you will see that two corps moved to Badajoz last month. Masenna joined the army in the May reinforcement phase. All moves are posted every month so all players can track the movement of their own and other troops in order to make plans.

It's up to the players to keep abreast of developments. The information provided is very detailed and you have access to a map.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
        ...This is part of the game I never got. I usually did what Ex is doing load miltia up and just keep grinding on the other guy sooner or latter the guy spending money troops loses.
        The battle screen shots are posted for most major field battles along with a posted description of results. You counterattacked against an outflank, it was only the high British morale that prevented the army from breaking once the outflanking force arrived. The % casualties and moral loss per round are in the screen shot and the text description. The combat table is available up in the stickies for you to examine (see the strategic map thread). Those stickies are there as aids to play.

There is also an example of battle so you can see how the charts interact with Tac chits.

Again, it is up to the payers to examine the tables. I also answer any questions in as much detail as required..
        Last edited by The Purist; 01 Jun 14, 08:59.
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

No, I went around the River, used full movement to do so.
          But, one more win like that and we're done for, 3 corps? My intell told me there were only two.
          Funny how that works. Was trying to force them back into Lisbon to put the city in siege.
          Same advice as given to craven,... read all the moves. The British have had three corps in Portugal since they landed. Had you rolled just a little better you would forced the British from Lisbon,... But they would retreat into the countryside, not the city.
          The Purist

Comment

• I take it a step further and also keep track of what chit is pulled by which leader so I will know how likely they are to pull it again.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Purist your comment failed to consider that the map you have posted I cant read. The readable ones I have do not jive with your map areas.

otherwise why do you think I asked about Spain invading Istanbul a turn or two ago

Comment

Purist your comment failed to consider that the map you have posted I cant read. The readable ones I have do not jive with your map areas.

otherwise why do you think I asked about Spain invading Istanbul a turn or two ago
                In attacks to British forces participated French Corps under Massena`s command and French has 4 movement points. So here is everything right and according to game map that we all have. Massena from Badajoz moved to area 402 (1st movement point), then crossed river at Alameida (2nd un 3rd movement points) and then attacked Lisbon (4th movement point). Question is why Spanish Corps also made to Lisbon, but it`s minor issue as even if Spanish would make to Alameida only they will probably reinforce battle.

Don`t think that you have something to complain about - Spain had better tactical chit but wasn`t lucky with die rolls, so the Brits came out victorious although they probably had to lose this battle. Take a look what happened to Prussians in the early part of the game when they choose Counter-attack against Outflank with normal die rolls.

Comment

• If players click on the map link in the map thread it will take you to a site where an earlier version of the map exists. There are some differences between this map and the latest game map but I make sure to point these out and have posts some screen shots of a few. There are no on line versions of the current game maps that I can find.

This is the reason I post all moves as per the older maps so players can follow along.

NB River crossing cost 1 movement point if unopposed and 2 if opposed. That is why the Spanish corps could make the move badajoz-Almeida-Lisbon.
                  The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                    In attacks to British forces participated French Corps under Massena`s command and French has 4 movement points. So here is everything right and according to game map that we all have. Massena from Badajoz moved to area 402 (1st movement point), then crossed river at Alameida (2nd un 3rd movement points) and then attacked Lisbon (4th movement point). Question is why Spanish Corps also made to Lisbon, but it`s minor issue as even if Spanish would make to Alameida only they will probably reinforce battle.

Don`t think that you have something to complain about - Spain had better tactical chit but wasn`t lucky with die rolls, so the Brits came out victorious although they probably had to lose this battle. Take a look what happened to Prussians in the early part of the game when they choose Counter-attack against Outflank with normal die rolls.
                    So far your guys are annoying more with your comments than helping me. I asked an honest question and have yet to get an answer.

So I lost no biggie but as far as I can tell I should of not lost so many troops hence the problem is on my end. So telling me to read the charts when I read the charts and chose a tactic to limit outflank and had it fail badly means I am not able to read the charts correctly.

So when I look at the chart what numbers do what to who is the part I obviously getting wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                      If players click on the map link in the map thread it will take you to a site where an earlier version of the map exists. There are some differences between this map and the latest game map but I make sure to point these out and have posts some screen shots of a few. There are no on line versions of the current game maps that I can find.
                      Whoa... you mean the map in the first link in the first entry under the MAP thread?
                      If they are important differences, us Generals making these moves need to know about them, I assumed it was all good and this could explain some of my bungles in Naval moves.

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                      I take it a step further and also keep track of what chit is pulled by which leader so I will know how likely they are to pull it again.
                      Which is why I try to keep it random.

But... if I had won, in the fields outside of Lisbon, it should have forced the UK troops back inside the port City.... as I had understood things. It would also have been logic, that being a fortified city able to accept supply.
                      What post in which thread should I be looking at here?
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

...But... if I had won, in the fields outside of Lisbon, it should have forced the UK troops back inside the port City.... as I had understood things. It would also have been logic, that being a fortified city able to accept supply.
                        What post in which thread should I be looking at here?
                        Who said the battle was fought in the fields just outside the city and not 20 miles away in the same area of the city? Jusy because a city is in the same area as an army does not mean the army istied to the city - that is why you have garrisons.

No army has ever been forced into city in this game - it would make no historical sense in any case. That and most field armies are too large for the city garrisons, most holding just 10 20 factors.
                        The Purist

Comment

• Diplomacy Phase - Jun 1806

Everyone up for diplomacy!!!

Order of play - France, Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain.
                          The Purist

Comment

So far your guys are annoying more with your comments than helping me. I asked an honest question and have yet to get an answer.

So I lost no biggie but as far as I can tell I should of not lost so many troops hence the problem is on my end. So telling me to read the charts when I read the charts and chose a tactic to limit outflank and had it fail badly means I am not able to read the charts correctly.

So when I look at the chart what numbers do what to who is the part I obviously getting wrong.
                            Craven, don`t take it so harsh. My point was that game map in map`s thread is for 90% correct and I explained why French Corps reached British troops, Purist explained about Spaniards.

I don`t understand also some times tactical chits, but this I know that outflank was better than counterattack (as long as outflanking forces arrived). So Brits were lucky that Spain had such bad die rolls.
                            Speaking about chits - only thing that I`m sure about is that defender has slight advantage against attacker as chits for defense are more universal than attacking chits, for example - cordon is good against both outflank and echelon, defend is good against assault and esc.assault and so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                              Craven, don`t take it so harsh. My point was that game map in map`s thread is for 90% correct and I explained why French Corps reached British troops, Purist explained about Spaniards.

I don`t understand also some times tactical chits, but this I know that outflank was better than counterattack (as long as outflanking forces arrived). So Brits were lucky that Spain had such bad die rolls.
                              Speaking about chits - only thing that I`m sure about is that defender has slight advantage against attacker as chits for defense are more universal than attacking chits, for example - cordon is good against both outflank and echelon, defend is good against assault and esc.assault and so on.
                              see and that was beneficial

I am actually using the actual game as my map and it does not jive with what Purist is posting as far as areas go.

my problem is I am playing in the med and not knowing names I thought bad whatever was in Africa.

I am still looking for where two Turkish corps are.
                              Last turn had to ask Purist where Oran was.

This is why I like Prussia nice and easy to remember names and easy to find because we all read about all of them a bazzilion times.
                              Last edited by craven; 03 Jun 14, 02:38.

Comment

• I'm still weirded-out by the map issues.

Purist; one thing is the real issue for me; many ports are shown as having access to 2 sea hexes.
                                Is this true in practice, or not?
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X