This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the Atlantic

British, Dane, French Spanish and Portuguese fleets hurl themselves at each other off the coast of Portugal resulting in the loss of more than 2 dozen ships.

Current losses stand at:

Royal Navy - 10H, 27L
    France - 17L
    Spain - 4H, 10L

Russia - 6L
    Portugal - 3H, 8L
    Sweden - 3H, 6L
    Denmark - 6H, 6L
    Holland 6L

Grand total: 112 vessels

Blue - Coalition: 49 ships
    Red - French and Spanish/Allied: 48 ships
    Green - Russian/Russian Allied: 15 ships

* made a correction to French losses. I missed 2L so have adjusted the totals

<< Nelson defeated at Oporto>>

Attached Files
    Last edited by The Purist; 27 May 14, 20:15.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Due to unexpected results I will need a response from either the French or Spanish Admiralties about final movement of French/Spanish fleets. See message in your HQ.
      Last edited by The Purist; 26 May 14, 23:03.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
        Due to unexpected results I will need a response from either the French or Spanish Admiralties about final movement of French/Spanish fleets. See message in your HQ.
        That was unexpected I was pretty sure this was the make or break turn for the game and these would be the results. To many dice had to break Englands way. btw why does nelson not get his plus one in blockades

Comment

• Nelson helps get the wind gauge, not combat. That first shot helps win battles most of the time.

Overall the loss ratio favoured the British depite losing 2 more ships than the French/Spanish. These were all close battles,... nothing is decided yet but it is quite exciting sea action.

Coalition and French/Spanish Alliance naval losses are now almost equal. This is to Britain's advantage in the long run.
          The Purist

Comment

• A new battle at Le Havre ends in a draw with the loss of 4 Portuguese ships to the RN's 4.

Current losses stand at:

Royal Navy - 10H, 31L
            France - 17L
            Spain - 4H, 10L

Russia - 6L
            Portugal - 7H, 8L
            Sweden - 3H, 6L
            Denmark - 6H, 6L
            Holland 6L

Grand total: 120 vessels

Blue - Coalition: 53 ships
            Red - French and Spanish/Allied: 52 ships
            Green - Russian/Russian Allied: 15 ships

Losses by class:

Coalition - 16H, 37L
            Fr/Sp Alliance - 11H, 41L
            Ru/Sw Concordat - 3H, 12L
            Last edited by The Purist; 25 Nov 14, 22:02.
            The Purist

Comment

• May 1806 Land

Well,... we had an exciting naval phase, wot, wot?

If there are no more Spanish naval moves we can move on to the Land Phase

Russia is up first, then Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain, France
              The Purist

Comment

• All Powers

There are a number of 2 and 3 way wars going on but you folks have not given me any terms to set as defaults in case an enemy offers terms.

For each power you are at war with you must:

- tell me if you will accept conditional terms or not
                - pick from the B and C lists.

Remember, the same terms cannot be chosen by two powers at the same time and some terms prevent choosing another (ie: a defeated power cannot be forced to remove both 3 corps and 2 fleets - it is one or the other).

If you have allies make sure you discuss who will choose which terms so they do not conflict. In the case of a conflict the power with the highest political status gets that choice and the lower ranked power loses a pick.

If you do not choose terms you may have to take whatever default the computer assigns - not always the best or logical choices.
                The Purist

Comment

• Purist, couple questions after first moves in May`s land turn:
                  1. Amsterdam - 1 corps: force march move 309, Munster, Hanover, 284 - forage, loss TBA - what does it mean?
                  2. And how Alexander reached Freiburg? Russians have usually 3 movement points for infantry Corps and if I`m not mistaken then mountains should reduce movement for one square. Or I`m wrong?

Not that I complain, just want to understand

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                    Purist, couple questions after first moves in May`s land turn:
                    1. Amsterdam - 1 corps: force march move 309, Munster, Hanover, 284 - forage, loss TBA - what does it mean?
                    2. And how Alexander reached Freiburg? Russians have usually 3 movement points for infantry Corps and if I`m not mistaken then mountains should reduce movement for one square. Or I`m wrong?

Not that I complain, just want to understand
                    1) Probably To Be Announced.
                    2) I forced marched thus giving me 4 movement points, the mountain counted as 2 movement points (and took loses through lack of supplies because of it).
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Ahh, yes, forced marches. Wasn`t reading carefully and forgot about that. Thanks
                      Last edited by Ulrih; 30 May 14, 02:54.

Comment

• Russian TBA losses - I forgot to check the corps strength after the forced march. Its still there so some one survived but I will have to await the next chance I can access Russian stacks to check the strength.
                        The Purist

Comment

• Spain reserves its right to finalize its land moves only after the Prussians have completed their moves.

Okee-dokee! You're up then.
                          Last edited by The Purist; 30 May 14, 19:15.
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• French moves next

Gibraltar and Corsica fall to Spain while Portugal falls to Britain. Wellingtons holds Masenna at Lisbon but suffers heavy losses for his victory.

France is up!!
                            The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                              Gibraltar and Corsica fall to Spain while Portugal falls to Britain. Wellingtons holds Masenna at Lisbon but suffers heavy losses for his victory.

France is up!!
                              I did not even know they invaded Corsica Wait I did not even know I owned Corisica

btw just generically we need a better understanding of how battles work

For example I had better troops better morale and outrolled him badly but still got hammered.

oh and he crossed a river

This is part of the game I never got. I usually did what Ex is doing load miltia up and just keep grinding on the other guy sooner or latter the guy spending money troops loses.
                              Last edited by craven; 31 May 14, 21:57.

Comment

• No, I went around the River, used full movement to do so.
                                But, one more win like that and we're done for, 3 corps? My intell told me there were only two.
                                Funny how that works. Was trying to force them back into Lisbon to put the city in siege.
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X