Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks as if I lost Pol points for almost taking Gib, but got nothing for taking Corsica.
    Huh?
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      It looks as if I lost Pol points for almost taking Gib, but got nothing for taking Corsica.
      Huh?
      probally garrisoned vs non garrisoned.

Comment

• So, if your guys all starve before I can attack Gibraltar again, I would get no points and you would loose none?
        Jeez...

I guess I should start preparing for all my provinces to start going into rebellion.
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• No Gibraltar is a fortress - you get the pol points for storming fortress/repulsing attack.
          Corsica has Ajaccio that is not fortress and besides garrison starved to death so it wasn`t stormed.
          Take a look at post 125 in Orders thread. Russians stormed Amsterdam but were repulsed. Amsterdam is not a fortress so no pol point for Russia or France.

Comment

• I see.
            Doesn't change the fact that we are loosing, massively and at an accelerating pace no matter what I try to do.

I just suck at this game.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              I see.
              Doesn't change the fact that we are loosing, massively and at an accelerating pace no matter what I try to do.

I just suck at this game.
              Not at all,... you were just a bit out of position when you declared war on Britain and the Austrian attack disrupted your plans. Another turn of prep would have helped.

Politically you and France are going through a rough patch (a bit dangerous) but the French draw at Amsterdam did punish the Russian army. You just need to focus on the biggest threat first while keeping an eye open for opportunities.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Battle of Amsterdam

The French and Russians just punished each other at Amsterdam in a bloody draw.

Diplomacy - May 1806
                The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Ugh, great time for Davout to get timid. The only maneuver he could have done that gave him a better than even chance and he goes for a probe!!
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Long weekend

Victoria Day holiday in Canada this weekend (Bank holiday).

I will be headed to the US to visit Mt Rushmore and the Custer battlefield area.

I leave tomoorw around noon and will be back Monday afternoon.

If everyone would get their diplomacy in by tonight (N. America) or tomorrow morning (Europe,etc.) We will pause while you all figure out where you want to place the May reinforcemnts.

If you are all prepared for reinforcemenst by my return we can run throug that phase quickly and get going with the naval phase.
                    The Purist

Comment

• Proclamation by Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor.

In April 1806 two Russian army corps under direct command of their emperor, departed from Bologna and entered Imperial lands crossing into Modena and Parma with view of attacking the neutral nation of France.

This was done in breach of an informal agreement, constitutes a clear violation of the integrity of Imperial territory, not to mention a blatant neglect of the most basic rules of human hospitality.

We therefore consider it an act of war.

As a consequence all cooperation between The Empire and Russia has been suspended, and the Imperial army has been ordered to take steps to prevent such unfortunate event from reoccurring.

All Russian lands in Italy will be confiscated and Imperial troops will take up positions opposite theirs, their presence there has proven to be liability and will be removed.

As before we will do our utmost to limit hostilities to the relevant territories, we have no intention to interfere with events in Germany or elsewhere, nor do we make any claims on Russian lands outside Italy.

Aquila Elegit Iovis Omnia Vincit.
                      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Okay, for the record;
                        I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT

Honestly.... wtf just happened?
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Letter delivered from The Imperial Embassy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings,

With regret we received your formal declaration of war.

we wish to make it clear we have no hostile intentions towards Britain, nor offensive designs beyond those stipulated in our most recent proclamation.

We hope our differences can be resolved in a peacefull manner before matters escalate and normal relations resumed as soon as possible.

Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor - The Napoleonic Wars Campaign.

the following is in response to a letter to the UK government stating there no hostile intentions towards the UK

Austria Hungry has been found in Violation of code you will be at war with England until you accept unconditional surrender. .

List of offenses started war with Spain dragging the UK into despite assuarances from you it would not occur.

second making peace with Spain once they decalred war on the UK because of the war you started

Declaring war on our ally Russia you are no longer trustworthy and the UK will do our best to ensure Austria becomes the least powerful nation in the Game.

It should also be noted in any future war between Spain or France and Austria the UK will support the either of them in what capacity we can. We would rather see Napoleon

Also a Peace treaty will be offered to Spain in the next round with no conditions.
                          Last edited by craven; 15 May 14, 14:25.

Comment

• From the Imperial embassy it is subtly pointed out that "... since Britain was also an ally of the Empire, the flagrant violation of Imperial territory by the Russians, that provoked this entire unfortunate mess, at least deserved a mention."

"...Other then that we remain available should the UK government decide consultation preferable to confrontation."

"For the moment we do not consider the UK an hostile nation, no agressive moves have been made,

The burden of escalation rests firmly with them."
                            Last edited by Snowygerry; 16 May 14, 05:17.
                            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Britain ambushes the Spanish at Gibraltar sinking four ships-of-the line without loss. Its shifts the naval balance only slightly as the British place all Spanish, French and Portuguese ships under blockade.

Royal Navy - 10H, 13L
                              France - 11L
                              Spain - 4H, 5L

Russia - 6L
                              Portugal - 8L
                              Sweden - 3H, 6L
                              Denmark - 6H, 6L
                              Holland 6L

Grand total: 84 vessels

Blue - Coalition: 35 ships
                              Red - French and Spanish/Allied: 34 ships
                              Green - Russian/Russian Allied: 15 ships
                              Last edited by The Purist; 26 May 14, 23:43.
                              The Purist

Comment

• Royal Navy and Spanish Armada clash in bloody battles

More naval action in the Atlantic as Spain and Britain trade blows.

Etchings at 11:00 this evening.
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X