X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City and Depot Garrisons

All,

I received a PM about depots, cities and their garrisons.

NB
    - a city garrison exists only in the cities. Depots exist outside the city. You can add 10I/M to a depot so it is not captured and it will force a minor field battle if attack while on its own (no tac chits needed). Depots do not prevent corps from moving through the area (being rather static enitities)

Apoligies to Ulrih, as this was not clear and it resulted in some destroyed depots.
    I will check the Tutorial this evening and ensure the same information is there for later reference.

Cheers.

Cheers.
    Last edited by The Purist; 09 May 14, 15:00.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Purist, no worries. It`s not critical as I mentioned to you

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
        All,

I received a PM about depots, cities and their garrisons.

NB
        - a city garrison exists only in the cities. Depots exist outside the city. You can add 10I/M to a depot so it is not captured and it will force a minor field battle if attack while on its own (no tac chits needed). Depots do not prevent corps from moving through the area (being rather static enitities)

Apoligies to Ulrih, as this was not clear and it resulted in some destroyed depots.
        I will check the Tutorial this evening and ensure the same information is there for later reference.

Cheers.

Cheers.
        Yeah that was not my understanding of Depots
        Last edited by The Purist; 09 May 14, 14:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post

Cheers.

Cheers.
          Itís there post #11.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
            Itís there post #11.
            Not really. It`s mentioned that Depots should be garrisoned, same is mentioned in additional links with game tips BUT nowhere is mentioned that if depot is in the city then it`s outside the walls and city garrison doesn`t act also like Depots garrison. It`s strange from historical and logical point.
            But as it`s in game rules then no one blames Purist. Small misunderstanding and it`s good to know for the future.
            Also it`s not clear for me if depot is in the hex with army Corps - it could be destroyed by cavalry attack or Corps will prevent protection?
            Last edited by Ulrih; 10 May 14, 08:01.

Comment

• Why would you put a Depot in a City anyway?
              I thought that Depots were an extension of the supply line that leads from a city.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                Why would you put a Depot in a City anyway?
                I thought that Depots were an extension of the supply line that leads from a city.
                Depots which are garrisoned do not allow the enemy to move through the territory

Comment

• Supply

Cities allow depots to be placed thus creating the start of a supply chain. From there every two zones needs a depot to establish the links. If it is a home country, conquered or controlled 'free' state depots can be placed without needing a corps, other wise corps need to extend the depot chain.

Depot chains must be extended one area at a time, you cannot create an entire chain all at once.

Sea supply is slightly different. You need a depot at the supply source city, you then need a depot in the port across the sea if not owned by the supplying power. In one port or the other a fleet (even of 1 ship) must be placed. From the receiving port a normal supply chain can be extended further every two zones.
                  The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• I think Nleson needs to go back to the naval Academy he failed basic interception tactics obviously

Comment

• Well, nothing went right for me that turn either.
                      THe whole blockade ubber alles makes the naval side of this game hopelessly boring.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Actually, its quite exciting.

One just needs to get a firm grip on the importance of freedom of movement at sea.

Anyway,... Spanish and French moves will be posted this evening. There are battles in progress. Chits should be drawn by those facing potential field battles and sent to me.

Cheers.
                        The Purist

Comment

• Battle of Tunis

I need the Turkish and Spanish tactical chit picks

1 Spanish corps is engaging Pechlivan Khan (3/4/3/B) with 1 Ottoman corps.

Will have to do random picks if I do not get a response this evening.
                          __________________________________________________ _______________

Battle update

Battle ends in a draw even though the Turks are bloodied, battered and bruised. Spanish burned by a bad final roll of the die.
                          Last edited by The Purist; 13 May 14, 00:16.
                          The Purist

Comment

• Siege Tip

Game Tip

If you have a small garrison in a fortress, one that will not do any damage to the enemy if the they breach the walls, have it pre-set to surrender. You will not lose a political point for the lost fortress siege and you get the troops back when peace is made with the attacker.
                            The Purist

Comment

• Was at work till just now sorry for not getting my orders in

actually that probally what I would of chosen no sense of letting a good general sit idle
                              Last edited by craven; 13 May 14, 01:30.

Comment

• Russian Tactics

Need a Russian tactical chit for the Battle of Amsterdam

Davout's French v Kutuzov's Russians
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X