Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Forum - The Napoleonic Wars vers 2.0

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Barring further naval losses this month the count of ships lost since Jan 1805 is thus:

    Royal Navy - 10H, 11L
    France - 5L
    Spain - 5L

    Russia - 6L
    Portugal - 8L
    Sweden - 3H, 6L
    Denmark - 6H, 6L
    Holland 3L

    Grand total: 69 vessels

    Blue - Coalition: 33 ships
    Red - French and Spanish/Allied: 21 ships
    Green - Neutral: 15 ships
    Last edited by The Purist; 04 May 14, 22:24.
    The Purist

    Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

    Comment


    • Gentlemen,

      I have received at least two PMs recently where the players were under the impression this game was close to being decided.

      The answer is no - not even close.

      This game is designed to represent the ebb and flow of the Napoleonic Wars with a good dose of diplomacy thrown in. All major powers have extremely large numbers of VP to attain before reaching the podium and we are no where near having any one power so far in front that they can coast to finish line.

      So settle in, we'll be here for a few years yet. If we are in a position to wrap this up in mid-2016 it would not be late.
      Last edited by The Purist; 02 Apr 14, 13:10.
      The Purist

      Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

      Comment


      • "Never correct your enemy when he's under the influence of a false impression,..nor your ally for that matter."

        Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor.

        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Purist View Post
          Gentlemen,

          I have received at least two PMs recently where the players were under the impression this game was close to being decided.

          The answer is no - not even close.

          This game is designed to represent the ebb and flow of the Napoleonic Wars with a good dose of diplomacy thrown in. All major powers have extremely large numbers of VP to attain before reaching the podium and we are no where near having any one power so far in front that they can coast to finish line.

          So settle in, we'll be here for a few years yet. If we are in a position to wrap this up in mid-2016 it would not be late.
          So who won? Britain that has 12% of needed VP`s or Russia that have 11%?

          Comment


          • It not a matter of VP but potential VP currently you got more potential than anyone else

            Comment


            • British naval move will be up this evening.

              As far as potential for VPs goes,... even Prussia is in a position to challenge for the lead with clever strategy and deal making.

              The Purist

              Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                Gentlemen,

                I have received at least two PMs recently where the players were under the impression this game was close to being decided.....
                You gotta be kidding me.

                No, Gents, its not.
                Thanks to me!

                The UK and Russia were way out in front, but thanks to Spain's clever positioning and our mighty Navy, it is now anyone's game once again.
                Just the way it should be, this early on.

                {hey, I gotta do some crowing here, that was a hell of a nice win}

                Just one thing- I know I caused some of this, but it really is a looooong game, seems to be going by in real time, even.
                I'll stick for 2 more years unless I'm dead or the grid collapses, been at it for about that long already.... so how about the rest of you?

                You all in for the long haul?
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

                -Captain Jack

                Comment


                • I should of been specific when I said potential I meant the amount of men power that France is kicking out. They can fight lose reload and fight lose and reload and Frances enemies can not reload which in the long run is what will win. . I managed to do that with milita once before I figured out Morale wins battles more than actual loses.

                  Comment


                  • Mar 1806 Land

                    We did it!!! We got through the naval phase!!!!

                    Land movement and combat!!

                    France, Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain
                    Last edited by The Purist; 02 Apr 14, 22:57.
                    The Purist

                    Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      You gotta be kidding me.

                      No, Gents, its not.
                      Thanks to me!

                      The UK and Russia were way out in front, but thanks to Spain's clever positioning and our mighty Navy, it is now anyone's game once again.
                      Just the way it should be, this early on.
                      Just be sure that you clean Nappy's butt before you put your lips on it...sir.
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by craven View Post
                        It not a matter of VP but potential VP currently you got more potential than anyone else
                        And I need them more than anyone else - 400 points against 335 Russian or 330 Austrian points. And at this part of the game France is almost only country that were fighting bloody war with Prussia to gain possessions in Germany while, for example, Russia losing almost nothing seized wealthy provinces in Italy and Sweden with almost same income/manpower that France has from it`s German minors.
                        Not to mention that France should face treat from at least 4 countries at the moment.
                        I would say that Austria and Russia has really good chances to win this. Will see how the game will develop. As for me - I would like to win of course but it`s not a main priority for me as I`m really enjoying this game and feeling that game provides. And for this I can only thank Purist and his devotion as Game Master.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

                          Just one thing- I know I caused some of this, but it really is a looooong game, seems to be going by in real time, even.
                          I'll stick for 2 more years unless I'm dead or the grid collapses, been at it for about that long already.... so how about the rest of you?

                          You all in for the long haul?
                          As I mentioned I really enjoy the game and also enjoyed first one that went wrong even in situation when Russian and Austrian joint armies were kicking French butts.

                          If there would be possibility to play this one also somewhere else (even via e-mail) I would join it and play one more scenario.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                            (...) And for this I can only thank Purist and his devotion as Game Master.
                            While I disagree with your entire assessment - in fact I think it is complete rubbish, I concur with you wholeheartedly on this
                            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                              While I disagree with your entire assessment - in fact I think it is complete rubbish, I concur with you wholeheartedly on this

                              Comment


                              • French land move please.
                                The Purist

                                Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X