This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by craven View Post
    um remember my rule make a deal keep a deal. With that in mind you should consider the source of your information. only time I even considered attacking you is when you allied with Spain and they declared war on me. And your are aware of that.

In any war other than France I am not going to be involved. well except Spain now.

So consider your source and watch your back with them.
    That was meant to be for and to Spain.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• So ploting against France continues. Good to see confidence between Allies that are considering to attack each other.

Comment

• I'm back.

Battle of Amsterdam, the Dutch try to run the blockade ends in a bloody draw with both sides losing 3 frigates.

Etchings at a eleven, more action brewing in the Channel.
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Naval War Erupts Anew

The Spanish Armada, under orders from French Admiral Villaneuve, have entered the Channel and heavily engaged the Royal Navy and Danish fleets. While the Spanish have managed to sink more and heavier ships in these opening rounds the Royal Navy has a significant advantage in ships deployed, awaiting deployment or under construction.

St Malo has been relieved, what will Villaneuve's next move be?

Once he has gathered his battle fleets, what havoc will Nelson's riposte wrought?

The capitals of Europe await word on how the wooden ships and iron men have faired in the early weeks of spring, 1806.
          The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• So shouldn't of Nelson been involved in one of those fights. As I understood it Nelson was positioned to be involved in the first fight. Which was a specific question I asked. Otherwise I would of not had a small fleet deployed by itself.

Comment

• IIRC, Generals have to be tied to a specific Corps, but since you have the only "Admiral" in the game, it might work differently.

After the let-down that last turn was, it looks like this one will be much more interesting!
              And its just getting started.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                IIRC, Generals have to be tied to a specific Corps, but since you have the only "Admiral" in the game, it might work differently.

After the let-down that last turn was, it looks like this one will be much more interesting!
                And its just getting started.
                No the fleet that Nelson attached to should of moved to the fight. It was my understanding that fleets next to each other also fought together. Which is why the small fleet was sitting out there because in reality it was not by itself. Otherwise I wouldn't of not deployed it like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                  No the fleet that Nelson attached to should of moved to the fight. It was my understanding that fleets next to each other also fought together. Which is why the small fleet was sitting out there because in reality it was not by itself. Otherwise I wouldn't of not deployed it like that.
                  Oh, then maybe it will move out and do so as a sub-phase of the turn, and then the French will....

Aw crap, this is gonna be a loooooong turn, ain't it?
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Oh, then maybe it will move out and do so as a sub-phase of the turn, and then the French will....

Aw crap, this is gonna be a loooooong turn, ain't it?
                    Naw since the battle is resolved I guessing Purist misunderstood my question which in turn led to me deploying my forces poorly well since my goal is to get the game over in two years it wont really matter.

btw if any of you are actually planning a long game u should adjust your plans. either France is beaten or in such a strong position the game will be over in two years.

Comment

• Nelson is with I Hvy Flt and tried to intercept all moves in range, he simply missed.

Not to worry,... the British have not yet moved this naval phase. Like I said,... Nelson and the RN will have his say this month.

Also, remember the last game. The British had some bad luck early but in just two quick months their natural +1 in combat, over all numbers and Nelson chased their opponents back to port minus a good portion of their ships.
                      The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                        Nelson is with I Hvy Flt and tried to intercept all moves in range, he simply missed.
                        missed?
                        I forgot that was possible, but I guess it makes sense.
                        In general terms, what are the odds of a basic navy unit doing that?
                        Missing an intercept, I mean.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

missed?
                          I forgot that was possible, but I guess it makes sense.
                          In general terms, what are the odds of a basic navy unit doing that?
                          Missing an intercept, I mean.
                          Exo, you should be glad that Spanish fleets were not intercepted. Probably...

Comment

• I'm just trying to find out that the approximate odds are, I had been assuming it was automatic.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Except for interceptions in a blockade box, a random number between 1 and 6 is chosen for each stack attempting to intercept.
                              If attempting to intercept a phasing stack in an adjacent sea area, a 0 or 1 must be chosen. This also covers interception attempts from ports or blockade boxes into adjacent sea areas.
                              Attempting to intercept a phasing stack in the same area requires a 0, 1, 2, or 3.
                              If the Nelson leader is with the intercepting stack, one is subtracted from the random number.
                              From the Rules

Yeah I thought I had a 60 percent chance to intercept you but in reality it was only 30 percent chance with nelson in an adjacent sector.

Comment

• Yup that's how it works.

Spanish naval phase is up!!
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X