Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So - I take it from all this the British surrender has been called off then ??
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
      So - I take it from all this the British surrender has been called off then ??
      guess so France and Spain failed to offer terms.

Comment

• Them insidious [email protected]$tards will they stop at nothing -

well if there are no terms you can't surrender - let's have a war then
        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
        Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

• Official note from Emperor Napoleon:

France didn`t get any official word from the Britain regarding surrendering and establishing peace between our countries so this needless war could end.
          Therefore it was decided that these rumors were not true and are hog-wash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
            Official note from Emperor Napoleon:

France didn`t get any official word from the Britain regarding surrendering and establishing peace between our countries so this needless war could end.
            Therefore it was decided that these rumors were not true and are hog-wash.
            nope was an honest offer. you could of set whatever standards you wanted. oh well guess you want perputal war with the UK. Your choice.

unlike you I speak the truth and do not lie.

Comment

• From the peanut gallery

Fight!!!

Fight!!!!
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                Fight!!!!
                Hell yeah.

And to think, all I wanted was Gibraltar.

Honestly, I had to do something. Of the 4 powers maned by actual players, I was being physically bullied by two of them (one declares war and the other plops down a whole Corps down on Gibraltar) and the other two were pushing for alliance ... so why not go with it?
                Gonna be an interesting year, I guarantee it.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• was not even close to a whole corp maybe a battalion lmao.

Also if I tell you I am not going to attack you then you got a defacto treaty. ie I wont attack you without a few months warning.
                  Last edited by craven; 07 Mar 14, 15:26.

Comment

• Gentlemen,... this game models the period of the Napoleonic wars from the Third Coalition to Napoleon's fall.

In that period the British and French were implacable enemies. Britain and France are simply not going "negotiate" a settlement. This has been a standing rukle since the days when this game was table top war game.

This would be an incredibly boring game if Britain and Franc were not enemies and rules had to be introduced to ensure play balance was maintained.

Britain and France have only one level of surrender to be imposed on each other -

Unconditional Surrender.

Within the terms allowed, Britain and France may choose as they like but Britain *must* choose to remove Napoleon from the map (he can return but at a very steep political cost.
                    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                      was not even close to a whole corp maybe a battalion lmao.
                      Seriously, this game needs some more flexibility when it comes to units and their freedom to maneuver.... all I ever hear about is this "corps" and that Corps... and how the Fleets are cast in cement, bummer.
                      Originally posted by craven View Post
                      Also if I tell you I am not going to attack you then you got a defacto treaty. ie I wont attack you without a few months warning.
                      Have I attacked you yet?

Everyone here seems to have an exaggerated idea about how clever and/or dangerous I am. Kinda puts me in a corner, time to see if I can pull a Yamamoto, and for how long.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• New Prussian

just a quick report to advise tha we may have a new Prussian joining the game.

Von Aicha has expressed an interest and is reading the rules, asking a few questions. he may be ready to step in soon but I may ask him to ghost his new realm until the next Econ phase.

Cheers.

EDIT: Von Aicha is ready to rock and roll. He would like to begin right away in the next diplo phase and I have no objection.
                        Last edited by The Purist; 08 Mar 14, 13:26.
                        The Purist

Comment

• Strategy, not tactics

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          Seriously, this game needs some more flexibility when it comes to units and their freedom to maneuver.... all I ever hear about is this "corps" and that Corps... and how the Fleets are cast in cement, bummer.
                          Remember that this a strategy game, not a tactical game. Even the tactical chits and rounds of comabt are rather high level.

"Flexability" comes from having spare corps and fleet markers available, at a cost, with the limits of the counter mix. Being a strategy game, tactical thinking is less important than strategic concerns, this needs to be kept in mind.

This game works quite well for what it is designed for but it will not recreate an Austerlitz or Trafalgar like battles.
                          Last edited by The Purist; 08 Mar 14, 13:21.
                          The Purist

Comment

• New Prussian

Greetings, gentlemen,

let me introduce myself. My name is Jan and I will join the game soon, playing Prussia. I know it won´t be an easy task but I will do my best. Looking forward to start, bye for now

Jan
                            Frederick William III of Prussia - The Napoleonic Wars Campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by von Aicha View Post
                              Greetings, gentlemen,

let me introduce myself. My name is Jan and I will join the game soon, playing Prussia. I know it won´t be an easy task but I will do my best. Looking forward to start, bye for now

Jan
                              Excellent! Welcome aboard

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                                ....This game works quite well for what it is designed for but it will not recreate an Austerlitz or Trafalgar like battles.
                                Huh... really?
                                Seems like I just got Waterloo-ed pretty will up in the mountains.
                                I realize it wasn't much of a Corps, but I thought something would survive... but like you said, I guess withdrawal is too difficult in that terrain.

Originally posted by von Aicha View Post
                                My name is Jan and I will join the game soon, playing Prussia.
                                Really?
                                I thought for sure you would take Turkey, since its in better shape than Prussia..... oh, hmmm, was I wrong about what kind of condition those two places are in?

A tip for the new guy; check the Orders thread every day.
                                There are updates in the form of edited posts that may look the same as they did before, until you get to the bottom of the post.
                                In other words, don't make the same mistake I did and assume that if its not highlighted there is nothing to see on that page.

Welcome to the War.
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X