This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
    Dec Econ Phase is approaching, strt thinking about builds.

Don't forget that Prussia and Turkey will be up for bid in Dec/Jan interphase

And what do we bid with?
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Bidding for uncontrolled majors

I'll post a brief "how to" in the tutorial but your "bid" is made using an historical national modifier (ie France v Prussia is -3; not good) plus a bonus if you are dominant, a negative if unstable). Hi dr wins.

Before we get to the actual bid I will post the current political status and national modifiers.
      Last edited by The Purist; 20 Feb 14, 08:05.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Just waiting for a clarification from Russia on Econ before we move on to France
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• FRANCE!!!!

The Purist

Comment

• Bidding for UMPs

Drop me a note if you wish to attempt to gain control of either or both of Prussia and Turkey (just confirm past instructions).
            Cheers.
            Last edited by The Purist; 12 Feb 14, 08:02.
            The Purist

Comment

• Jan 1806

Get your diplomacy orders in folks.
              The Purist

Comment

• From the Tsar of Russia

The Tsar of Russia posted this in the other thread.

Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                Attempts to control Turkey

Bidders - Great Britain, France, Austria, Spain

Round 1 (final dr): GB-2; France-2; Austria-2; Spain-2
                Round 2 (final dr): GB-6; France-2; Austria-2; Spain-4

Great Britain gains control of Turkey

Attempts to control Prussia

Bidders - Russia, France

Round 1 (final dr): Russia-7; France-2

Russia retains control of Prussia

Originally posted by Tsar
                Yey me!!
                The Purist

Comment

• If I am reading the map right, Austria has conquered my possessions in Italy ... without any battles or sieges being declared............. WTF?

I get sick one week and unlimited hell breaks loose. What is going on here?
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• They have occupied your central Italian territories and your army is marching north as ordered. The Austrians did not move far, just one zone out of Modena.

Sort of like an air burst of fire works.

Irs winter, no one is moving quickly (open country costs 2 move points, mountains cost 3) so that 1 zone for most corps, 2 zones for French/French satellites, 2 for cav.

Everyone just remember,... think long term. We have only done 12 turns out of 132.
                    The Purist

Comment

• Yes, but those places had Garrisons....
                      Were shots fired, or did they simply surrender once breached? If the later, I should be getting those units back later.

I looked at the rules, and I thought there would be a little more notice, guess I just don't know where to look.
                      Last edited by The Exorcist; 15 Feb 14, 19:00.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        Yes, but those places had Garrisons....
                        Were shots fired, or did they simply surrender once breached? If the later, I should be getting those units back later.

I looked at the rules, and I thought there would be a little more notice, guess I just don't know where to look.
                        Yes, there were siege battles as reported in the Austrian land combat phase (see post 88).

Florence was breached and the garrison destroyed. Leghorn was besieged, held the wall but starved to death. See post 88 again but the Spanish turn.
                        The Purist

Comment

• Siege Strategy

TIPS for small garrisons and Siege Battles

If you have cities with small garrisons, where a fight will not accomplish more than forcing the enemy to pause to assault the city while they kill your troops, consider the following:

- Order the garrisons to surrender if the walls are breached (you simply let me know and I push the button).

The enemy must still breach the city and your garrison will become prisoners but after the war the POWs are released. Or you can negotiate a prisoner exchange while still at war if your opponent thinks it worthwhile (maybe you have a mutual enemy that you could use the released troops against.

FYI - garrisons do have a chance to 'sortie' if the city is not breached. They have the possibility of killing an enemy factor or but risk casualties as well. If you do not want sorties you can tell me that too.
                          The Purist

Comment

• Naval Phase - Jan 1806

January Naval Phase!!

Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, France, Spain, Great Britain
                            The Purist

Comment

• Please not additional Spanish move.

I have British move ready but if this changes anything let me know.
                              The Purist

Comment

• No!
                                That was a typo, I'm done and looking at next turn already.
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X