Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Baz, you were great and clever opponent and obviously good and honest man if I can judge by the posts that Baz made on this forum...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacko667 View Post
      Hi,

This is in the wrong forum but I can't seem to PM anyone so apologies for that but I have no idea where I should place this message apart from this thread as I know the user was active in it.

Unfortunately I hate to be the bearer of bad news (If you do not know) and tell you that Baztanz passed away on October 14th aged 63.

I've wargamed with Barry for a few years now and he mentioned he was always on this forum (And got me onto it a few years back) but a friend and I thought we should pass on the messages.

Regards

Paul
      Very sad to hear -

Barry taught me the basics of forum gaming, first here, later at his own imgaginations "European" wargame.

The prinzess Anna who figures in this game also, was his creation, and although he hated "that woman" with a passion I intend to keep her haunting forumgames for years to come - a reminder of good times.

He did inform us of his condition so at least I got to say my goodbyes in person this time,

Nothing much to add here - Thank you Paul for bringing the sad news,

Goodbye general, so long mate, perhaps we'll meet on the other side.
      Last edited by Snowygerry; 14 Nov 13, 07:36.
      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• I’m really sorry to hear this he was a nice guy and someone that really challenged other players.

RIP my friend.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Wow that just sad to hear.

Comment

• Yes, very bad news. This makes.... how many this year?

Will we continue?

Comment

• Britain has been on auto-pilot for a number of weeks now. I was copying his number 2 but have not heard from him at all.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                Britain has been on auto-pilot for a number of weeks now. I was copying his number 2 but have not heard from him at all.
                We can’t have Britain on autopilot. They are much too important to the game to not have them be an active participant.
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Maybe invite Delenda once again to rule Britain. He`s pretty active on forums again. Although he is obviously not satisfied with what offers Britain (more diplomatic and economic impact and less battling etc.)
                  Or ask one of the guys that wanted to participate in Legatus Ancient Era game - http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ts&pollid=3866

Also Iron Duke was interested in game at some point...

Comment

• I'm still here, please don't mistake my silence for lack of interest or enjoyment,

it's just that most activity happens behind the scenes and Imperial army is camping happily on it's bases - I'm committed to stay in this as long as it lasts though.

I do agree an active UK would make for a better game, although an uninterested Albion may make for an interesting alternative history,

either way is fine for me, although IC-wise Austria will ofcourse complain about the lack of activity and direction of the coalition and the way Prussia was thrown to the wolves,.. or threw itself on the wolf

Or ask one of the guys that wanted to participate in Legatus Ancient Era game ..
                    Have we tried plugging it in the Napoleonic board - perhaps one of the regulars there may be interested ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Have we tried plugging it in the Napoleonic board - perhaps one of the regulars there may be interested ?
                      Yes, I posted info about game, recruits etc. last time when Delenda and craven left game and luckily we got several new players Let`s see what GM thinks. I can post it again although as you know several good members left Napoleonic boards during last year because of situation that we currently have there.

Comment

• Perhaps if we play on their emotions a bit,

can they truly stand by and let The Corsican Ogre trample all over Europe, will no-one rise up and save the oppressed from republican tyranny,

Where's Pitt, where's Nelson, where indeed His Grace,

Will they let "...the foulest and most atrocious deed" go unpunished

Will they truly “roll up the map for these next ten years”

Comment

Perhaps if we play on their emotions a bit,

can they truly stand by and let The Corsican Ogre trample all over Europe, will no-one rise up and save the oppressed from republican tyranny,

Where's Pitt, where's Nelson, where indeed His Grace,

Will they let "...the foulest and most atrocious deed" go unpunished

Will they truly “roll up the map for these next ten years”
                          Careful with all that Ogre stuff

P.S. Of course you can try

Comment

• Perhaps if you assembled a huge army and fleet and invaded the British isles someone would come to the rescue

Comment

Perhaps if you assembled a huge army and fleet and invaded the British isles someone would come to the rescue
                              When invasion will start there will be nothing to rescue any more.

Comment

• If we can find a British player that would be fine. Whoever they may be they need to understand this is a grand strategy and not a roll playing game.

Its not very exciting during peaceful periods but that is when players should be positioning themselves for the next war.

Any committed takers for Britain will be accepted.
                                The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X