Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craven, with all respect but I can`t find such messages from you in my PM`s history. I found from you messages that refers to situation in last game and then next messages are about new game - that you will remain Prussia and next one is message that France can`t cross the Rhine as agreed although I couldn`t find such agreement. There was situation when Exo wasn`t planning to participate in new game and I took over all diplomatic stuff so maybe we lost something in this process. Therefore I asked you to forward me messages with such agreement and in case if you would be right France would respect such agreement. I didn`t receive such info from you so I assumed that you were bluffing so I continued to move troops across the Rhine.
    Now I don`t know if you`re right or misunderstood something but if you are right then I can assure that it wasn`t done on purpose and if it made you feel tricked then accept my apology.
    Last edited by Ulrih; 22 Oct 13, 03:43.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
      Craven, with all respect but I can`t find such messages from you in my PM`s history. I found from you messages that refers to situation in last game and then next messages are about new game - that you will remain Prussia and next one is message that France can`t cross the Rhine as agreed although I couldn`t find such agreement. There was situation when Exo wasn`t planning to participate in new game and I took over all diplomatic stuff so maybe we lost something in this process. Therefore I asked you to forward me messages with such agreement and in case if you would be right France would respect such agreement. I didn`t receive such info from you so I assumed that you were bluffing so I continued to move troops across the Rhine.
      Now I don`t know if you`re right or misunderstood something but if you are right then I can assure that it wasn`t done on purpose and if it made you feel tricked then accept my apology.

Does this mean that you are going to withdrawal from East of the Rhine and allow Prussia to have their rightful place in the sun?
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
        Does this mean that you are going to withdrawal from East of the Rhine and allow Prussia to have their rightful place in the sun?
        wouldnt matter now Prussia done for at least to the course of every game i seen for Prussia.

Comment

Craven, with all respect but I can`t find such messages from you in my PM`s history. I found from you messages that refers to situation in last game and then next messages are about new game - that you will remain Prussia and next one is message that France can`t cross the Rhine as agreed although I couldn`t find such agreement. There was situation when Exo wasn`t planning to participate in new game and I took over all diplomatic stuff so maybe we lost something in this process. Therefore I asked you to forward me messages with such agreement and in case if you would be right France would respect such agreement. I didn`t receive such info from you so I assumed that you were bluffing so I continued to move troops across the Rhine.
          dont have any of the pms because had to clean out my inbox because me and Tac had a ton of back and forth messages about the WW1.

But the deal was done before ex left the game. basically last game ended and I sent to ex hey want to do the same thing to play out the game. he said sure I said i need to be able to hold all of Germany and spend the first year gearing up for war and taking over everything from prussia to the rhine and north of the river. He said that sounds good. you asked about what west of the Rhine was i said the more northern part. Wurt whatever below the river in souther germany was all yours. Then the long break occurred. So basically you forgot about it and then broke the deal.

Otherwise i would of been allied with Austria and Russia from the start and been ready to crush france.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
            wouldnt matter now Prussia done for at least to the course of every game i seen for Prussia.

Not necessarily, it will take a while to rebuild but if they fight with an ally (meaning they take part in battles with an ally) they can still recover.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
              We would accept that as I mentioned that this looks more like misunderstanding to me and wasn`t done intentionally and I don`t want to offend any of players here.
              Unfortunately this is not exactly what we could do in current situation as this will place France in bad position now as our strategy was based on circumstances that we had war with Prussia from the start of the game. Our diplomatic moves then would be probably different and in that case there probably would be no presence of Russia in Italy etc.
              Also although Gods of war were on our side so far (good roll dices and good choice of tactical chits) France lost troops in battles against some minors and against Prussians.
              Last edited by Ulrih; 25 Oct 13, 08:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                dont have any of the pms because had to clean out my inbox because me and Tac had a ton of back and forth messages about the WW1.

But the deal was done before ex left the game. basically last game ended and I sent to ex hey want to do the same thing to play out the game. he said sure I said i need to be able to hold all of Germany and spend the first year gearing up for war and taking over everything from prussia to the rhine and north of the river. He said that sounds good. you asked about what west of the Rhine was i said the more northern part. Wurt whatever below the river in souther germany was all yours. Then the long break occurred. So basically you forgot about it and then broke the deal.

Otherwise i would of been allied with Austria and Russia from the start and been ready to crush france.
                Craven, I checked once more all messages that I had from you and from Exo as I had no need to delete them and also French camp`s social group where we post some stuff and I can`t find such message from you regarding new game. It could be that I occasionally deleted such msg if I had but I think I would remember such conversation but I can`t so I think that you probably informed only Exo about such agreement and he forgot to tell me before he left the game. So to me it looks like some huge misunderstanding. I believe that this was the reason why you left game so once more please accept my apologies as it wasn`t done intentionally.
                Prussia is now mess of course but maybe it would be still interesting to try achieve something in this situation as it happened in reality after Prussian defeat in 1807. If not winning game it could give real historical feeling...

Comment

• It is a very long game and diplomacy is actually more important than the actual fighting (especially in settleing terms. Wars do break out and can last a long time but the diplomacy is always there.

Get your diplomatic hats on lads. The Spanish have only one move in Italy (Florence to Rome) so you start your negotiations
                  The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• We should have just occupied the whole damn thing.

I left the game after the reset and wasn't planning to return. So much time went by that I got back in and I took the "fresh start" seriously, even if nobody else did.
                    Cry me a river.
                    You gave us an ultimatum that we could not cross the Rhine. That meant one of two outcomes; you either get unhindered control of all Germanic lands or all-out war with France.
                    Guess which one was more likely?

Oh, and Russia was supposed to attack Prussia too, like with Poland in 1939. I hope UK and Austria are not counting on a steadfast ally when it comes to Moscow.
                    Something to keep in mind during the big joint amphibious attack you have coming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      We should have just occupied the whole damn thing.

I left the game after the reset and wasn't planning to return. So much time went by that I got back in and I took the "fresh start" seriously, even if nobody else did.
                      Cry me a river.
                      You gave us an ultimatum that we could not cross the Rhine. That meant one of two outcomes; you either get unhindered control of all Germanic lands or all-out war with France.

Oh, and Russia was supposed to attack Prussia too, like with Poland in 1939. I hope UK and Austria are not counting on a steadfast ally when it comes to Moscow.
                      Well I figured that you could beat them on your own and didn’t need my help. Besides whatever hurts your forces has to help the rest of us.

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      Something to keep in mind during the big joint amphibious attack you have coming up.

And which “big joint amphibious attack you have coming up” is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        We should have just occupied the whole damn thing.

Cry me a river.

funny since you agreed to it. and your fresh start statement is blantant lie since the terms were agreed to after the old game finished.

And yes i got all of germany per the deal and you got an ally to fight Russia with.

and i gave you the ulimatum after reminding you of the alliance you negotatiated. and the ulimatum was basically telling you if you do not honor you word i going to drag out any fight in a suicidal manner since you made it impossible for me to win.

Comment

Craven, I checked once more all messages that I had from you and from Exo as I had no need to delete them and also French camp`s social group where we post some stuff and I can`t find such message from you regarding new game. It could be that I occasionally deleted such msg if I had but I think I would remember such conversation but I can`t so I think that you probably informed only Exo about such agreement and he forgot to tell me before he left the game. So to me it looks like some huge misunderstanding. I believe that this was the reason why you left game so once more please accept my apologies as it wasn`t done intentionally.
                          Prussia is now mess of course but maybe it would be still interesting to try achieve something in this situation as it happened in reality after Prussian defeat in 1807. If not winning game it could give real historical feeling...
                          naw I am not on the net often enough to fight the battles in a timely manner so i withdrew. If I only had to do the moves that would be fine but having to reply to battle orders when i may not check in for a day or two would slow the game down. I was looking forward to ensuring you lost the game since i could not win

Prussia cant win there only a couple of options for Prussia to win the game you took one away and Tsar took the other away. For Prussia to win it needs to control most of nothern germany or a large part of Austria. Both of which are not options now.

Comment

• Diplomacy done get your boats ready

Just waiting for Spain's diplomacy so everyone should get their naval moves prepped.
                            The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Somehow this time turns take more time

Comment

• Some of the newer players still need some coaching.

One way to keep things moving is to "look ahead" and perhaps give me diplomatic and reinforcement orders in advance, if possible.

Except for diplomacy I will set a limit of 24 hrs from the time of request for orders before I skip through a phase. However, if not much is happening on the diplomatic front I may ask for quicker order submissions. Diplomacy should be ongoing and not waiting for ctual phase for discussions to be carried out.

Cheers.
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X