This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
    The Tsar’s government in St Petersburg lets it be known that they are prepared to intervene to help Prussia reach the only correct decision in the negotiation with Msr. Talleyrand concerning their future.
    Okay, great, turns out we are all trying to make a Bot see reason here.

Might be a long war after all...

Comment

• France and Prussia/Russia are in deep negotiations.

Stay tuned.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Not really.
        Haven't heard much since yesterday.
        Looks like we'll have to do Prussia like they did Denmark and Sweden.

Comment

• Hey it’s not my fault that you are intransigent. There is only one item that I wont give and that is the item that you say you need to build your countries power. I don’t think that I’m in the business of building you up. You should be happy that you got away with crushing Prussia and no one said anything instead of demanding to dismantlement of Prussia.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• So what, we should settle for Pizza and a trophy?

Fine. We'll have a list of options that does not include that one item next turn.
            We'll see who's dragging it out then.

Is it too late to make the change now?

Comment

• Nope. I'll have to check when I get home tomorrow but I think I held the turn once I saw there was a discrepancy in the negotiations.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Okay then, see the social group.

Comment

• From Emperor`s camp somewhere near Berlin:

Rumors reached us that in European Courts France is blamed for war with Prussia and that France "got away with crushing Prussia".
                  These are false accusations! War broke out because of Prussian military party led by queen Louise. France had no intentions to start war with Prussia but was forced to do this because of Prussian ultimatum "not to cross Rhine" and subsequent accusations that France broke some agreement that we never had with Prussia.
                  Also it`s strange to hear from some European powers that "France got away" while they were seizing major European countries and became dominant powers. France fought honest war against respected and powerful adversary and now only wants to take excellent fortress of Magdeburg to secure our western borders against sudden changes in Prussian government. This is our only demand for casualties that we took in this unwanted war.

Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                    From Emperor`s camp somewhere near Berlin:
                    I have no idea why you are singling out Russia as some kind of evil overlord but let’s look at some facts here:
                    France currently has 17 conquered states under it’s control and an additional one doing what it is told as a “Free state” plus you have declared war on another 2 and have virtually conquered another one.
                    Turkey has 6 conquered states and one “free state”.
                    Austria has 4 conquered and 3 “free”.

Spain 7 and 0
                    Prussia 2 and 0
                    Great Britain 4 and 0
                    While Russia has 6 conquered and 1 “free” which France has occupied.

So as you can see Russia is no more or less an aggressor than any other country and is in fact a long ways behind the largest disturber of European peace, France.

Furthermore we are not a dominant country we are merely a well-established and peaceful one that enjoys good relations with others as well as our citizens.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• While that may look impressive on paper, lets see how it all looks on the next map. We are working towards making something that eat up a lot of that anyway.
                      Mag is off the table, we were aiming for it because of a misreading of the rules that Purist has since told us was an easy mistake to make.
                      Our demands have been altered to exactly what you previously said you would abide by. Lets see if that was really the case.

Comment

• Ok. I sent a pm to both the French and the Prussian regent to see if the terms have been agreed.

Tough negotiations! Will they lead to peace or will the war continue?

Stay tuned.
                        The Purist

Comment

• We're moving again

Okaaaaaay.

The negotiations are done and we are off and running again

Austria and Spain to go. Let me know what's up if anything.
                          The Purist

Comment

• We're off!!

Reinforcement phase gents,

Militia, removing adding generals, shifting troops in corps in the same area.

Prussia, Austria, Turkey, Russia, France (I have France but in case they change their minds)
                            The Purist

Comment

• Time to move the ships gents!
                              The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                                From Emperor`s camp somewhere near Berlin:
                                Signed docuements Show that France betrayed it ally and broke it agreement not to cross the Rhine said documents Dates on the docuements Predate the opening of the war by three months. France choses to ignore these facts.

It is said that the Emperor is searching for these docuements to destroy evidence of his betrayal.

In reality at the end of the last game Ex came to me with the alliance plan and it seemed to like an interesting alt history to try hence I went with the plan. Only exception was for Prussia to even have a chance at winning everything west of the Rhine had to go to Prussia. Which would take Prussia a while to digest.

After the agreement was done I confirmed it with Ulrich and he said it was fine with it. Purist goes on vacation for a bit game gets ready to restart I ask Ulrich if the deal still on he says yes and he starts off by crossing the Rhine.

Meanwhile Austria and Russia have been turned down by Prussia for alliances because of the pursuit of the alt history idea.

So now you know how the war started with a betray by France.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X