This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
    Ah, I think that you need to tell TP that you do not want to support countries that you cannot get to or otherwise influence. I have a feeling that France is set to try to control every country in Europe. He can change those settings during the diplomacy phase.
    France is set to support quite a few but not all minors.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
      France is set to support quite a few but not all minors.
      So, when they fall, I only loose what I gained when they get invaded?
      That's fine then.

Comment

• Most of the time. In the case of Sweden you will lose 1 pol pt (which does not equal a VP, btw) in exchange for the 4 frigates and 1I lost,... so far.
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Spanish Land Phase

Duke Maynard

PM'd you a brief summary of current ops. Will proceed tomorrow morning as per original instructions if I don't hear from you changing anything?
          The Purist

Comment

• May 1805

Everyone up for Diplomacy!!!
            The Purist

Comment

• I going to have to drop out.

my internet acces is going to be spotty and so I cant gurantee I will get my messages in a timely manner.

sorry about that guys

Comment

• Oh, Lord.

Ok,... I wonder if Mr 'the Iron Duke would like to move from supporting Turkey to possessing the temporal mind of Kaiser Frederick-William of Prussia???
                The Purist

Comment

• Hope that Iron Duke will take over although Prussia now is not the best country to start with.
                  Craven, take care...

Comment

• I can turn Prussia into semi-auto in the meantime. It will become cautious but that may not be a bad thing depending on how one views it.
                    The Purist

Comment

• That`s your decision. None of us know how the AI will react. Last time Spain wasn`t very cautious and went directly for Italian and North African lands.

Comment

• Ah, but those were opening moves.

Still Prussia could sue for peace and still attack neutral minors in reach. There are no guarantees.
                        The Purist

Comment

• diplomatic deadline

All diplomatic action due by tonight.

I have France, Turkey (provisional), Russia and Prussia.

No message will = a pass this phase.

Cheers.
                          The Purist

Comment

• Alternative to AI control

Gentlemen,

I think I have a better alternative to major powers being placed under the care of the AI when we lose a player (even if temporary).

The board game version allowed for other major powers to try and gain control of non-player major powers through use of their political status. This permits a major power to be controlled by a player but under certain restrictions:

- the bidding major power cannot be at war with the uncontrolled power
                            - the bidding major power must be in the "stable" or "dominant" zone of the Political Status Chart (see the quarterly update picture).
                            - in order to avoid the uncontrolled power's army from being used as cannon fodder, the uncontrolled power will be lost to its contolling power if it slips into the "instability zone"
                            - the controlled major power may not declare war on another major power but it can be called to "support" the contolling major if the controlling major power gets involved in a war.

Other than that the uncontrolled major would be a "proxy" nation.

The mechanics are simple. Each quarter the attempst to gain or wrest control can be made. Each major power has a built in modifier when trying to control an uncontrolled power. This national modifier is further effected, either +/-, by the political staus of the major power trying to gain control.

A D6 is rolled and if the result is equal to or greater than the number required the attempt will be successful. The same process can be used to try and remove the uncontrolled major power from a controlling major power.

Its a pretty simple process. I hope it looks that way in this description.
                            The Purist

Comment

• May Reinforcements

Ok, gents,...

There is not much in the way of reinforcements available this close to the game start but if you want to add or remove generals for this month it is best done now.

I will be away this weekend and likely without internet access. I would like to get through the reinforcement phase before I leave tomorrow if possible.

Back Sunday evening.

Cheers.
                              The Purist

Comment

• Ok, Gents,... I have the reinforcement orders and will post on my return Sunday.

For those with naval moves best prep your your naval moves.

The main points to note from the reinforcement phase is that Britain will move first in the naval phase and France will move last in the land phase.
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X