Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• widow I would be quite happy if you wanted to take over GB, I am there only as a filler and I will go back into reserve as filler in case of casualties. I will leave it up to you.

If you want it PM me and I will let you know all the dastardly plans and schemes.
    An 18th century Imagi nation blog set in England/

Comment

• Noted.
      BTW who`s Turk and Spaniard? Turk - Skoblin? And Spaniard - Duke Mainard of Iron Duke or maybe there is two players like in France in UK?

Comment

• It looks like Iron Duke fell through the cracks somehow.
        "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
        Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

• Just me and my lonesome self on the throne of Spain.
          Trying to remember all the players- can someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of these and who the turk and prussian is?

GB- Baz, Widow
          France- Ulrih, Excorcist
          Russia- Tsar
          Austria- Snowy
          Turk- ?
          Prussia- ?
          Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
          And sorry I could not travel both
          And be one traveler, long I stood
          Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
          I took the one less traveled by,
          And that has made all the difference.

Comment

• Prussia- Craven
            Turkey- huh.... lost track of that one myself.

Maybe summertime wasn't the best time of year for this thing?

Originally posted by Widow Maker View Post
            Also posted in Looking for New Members Thread
            Never look there myself... that's 3 players in 4 turns.
            Maybe you can Ask Baz for an update, or a document-dump?

Comment

• Britain - Baz, Widow Maker
              France - Ulrih, Exo
              Russia - Tsar
              Turkey - Skoblin, the iron duke (semi auto for now)
              Austria - Snowygerry
              Prussia - craven
              Spain - Duke Maynard

Iron Duke could stand by in case Skoblin cannot step in
              Last edited by The Purist; 29 Aug 13, 23:00.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Land phase

Naval phase all wrapped up. Almost looked like a fight off Denmark's coast but the Danes missed the intercept. Doubt the issue is settled yet.

Land phase coming up,... will execute French move tomorrow.

Russia to follow, then Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain
                The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• The war continues

French and Russians done.

Turkey next with the rest o follow through the weekend. If you think you have a battle coming up drop a me a note with your tactical chit choices (speeds up play).

Cheers.
                  The Purist

Comment

• Wow, Sweden did just about everything wrong on that one. If I had rolled better on the pursuit I would have wiped them out completely.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Tactical chits are part observation part luck.

It would be a good idea for all players to pay attention to the choices of chits. Sometimes patterns can be determined. It is also a good idea to become familiar with the combat charts and which choice suit which situations and even the type of army you have.

Some chits combinations will give you better shots a breaking your opponent, other combination will combine to inflict losses. The situation should determine the chit.

We are up to Prussia's turn.
                      The Purist

Comment

• I can't help notice that in the Battle, the Swedes are counted as "French". How many political points do I loose when one of these assigned minors falls? I have not been able to do anything one way or the other about this Scandinavian front.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          I can't help notice that in the Battle, the Swedes are counted as "French". How many political points do I loose when one of these assigned minors falls? I have not been able to do anything one way or the other about this Scandinavian front.

1 point per territory, in this case 2, however you also gained the points when you supported them. This makes a case for selecting carefully which countries you chose to support.
                          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                            1 point per territory, in this case 2, however you also gained the points when you supported them. This makes a case for selecting carefully which countries you chose to support.
                            That's the point. I have not selected a single one so far.

Comment

• Ah, I think that you need to tell TP that you do not want to support countries that you cannot get to or otherwise influence. I have a feeling that France is set to try to control every country in Europe. He can change those settings during the diplomacy phase.

Comment

• In most cases by supporting a minor you gain Pol pts for getting control and then lose them when/if it falls. Its the opposite when you attack - you lose pol pts for the DOW but gain it back when the minor surrenders.

If you recall I did ask if there were any minors you did not want to support and you noted that you would take the ones with corps or facing "certain potential" opponents.

The Swedes deployed a corps in the attempt to win a battle against the Russians (+ pol pts for a win). There is also the point about using these temporary minors to pick off infantry and cav off your competitors. You may lose a pol pt for a battle but cost them the money and manpower to replace losses rather than expanding. The battle went badly but that's part of the gamble. The Russians did lose a few ships at the expense of the Swedish ships so there is more money lost there. If the Swedes are freed by Russia, for example, then the Swedes will need to rebuild the fleet to its previous strength before expanding it. So more delay and more cost

On the other hands the folks in Tripoli and Denmark, with low morale against better forces, deployed only garrisons. The Danish fleets will fight to sink British ships (British money needed to rebuild before expanding). Garrison cannot lose a field battle (and pol pts) and have a chance for holding out in a siege, delaying the enemy. When a city is breached casualties will be suffered (as above) but even if a regular city falls there is no pol pt loss for the siege battle.

A fortress city is different. It works just like a regular siege but if the defender wins the sponsor gets a pol pt. If he loses a political point is also lost. Forts are also tougher to breach.

So its a bit of trade off. Do you try to win a battle, kill a few factors, sink a few ships, or hold out in siege? Any of the the above are positives. Or take no risks, let the opposition gobble up minors an next to no cost? It is more complex than just one or two pol pts here and there.
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X