Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Bin Laden had constructed a hiding place in the Abbotabad compound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Bin Laden had constructed a hiding place in the Abbotabad compound?

In his place, I would have. I'm even thinking of constructing one here and no-one I know is even after me. I'm not very important.

And remember that the consensus as to whether Bin Laden was even in that compound only varied from 40% to 60% certainty. A huge risk.

The compound and its grounds were large enough to construct a hiding place that could take days to find. Remember, Saddam Hussain's hiding place? That was only found because it was given up by one of his protectors months after the search for him began. It would never have been found by regular, rapid search techniques such as those the SEALs had to execute that night, and the SEALs had way less than an hour to get in and out of that compound. Such a forensic, intelligence-led search would have been impossible.

Had the SEALs exited the compound, having invaded a sovereign country and killed several people in the compound without securing Bin Laden, the consequences would have been massive.

The Pakistani security services and the ISI arrived on the scene within the hour, the Pakistani authorities immediately established what had gone on and, without the killing of Bin Laden, the consequences would have been......what?

I've watched 'Zero Dark Thirty', "Seal Team Six: the raid on Osama Bin Laden' and read countless interviews with those involved the raid, but have never seen anyone considering the possibility that Bin Laden would have had a carefully-constructed hiding place within the compound.

Which is what I would have done.

Philip
    Last edited by PhilipLaos; 06 Mar 13, 02:11.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

I have wondered why he did not have an underground hidden area myself. I guess he thought he was untouchable there.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
      I have wondered why he did not have an underground hidden area myself. I guess he thought he was untouchable there.
      +1 and also why he didnt have more men around him?
      ...Its one of our V-8's...Pursuit Special on methane, super hot!

Comment

Originally posted by Hetzer 15 View Post
        +1 and also why he didnt have more men around him?
        I guess he figgered thee ENTIRE Pakistani Intelligence service was enugh...
        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X