Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Japanese attack on U.S. no Declaration of War by Germany does U.S. Enter WWII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
    ... The mission of the landing would be to get more Germans away from France. After the Marines secure the beachhead they could turn it over to Monty, then withdraw and feint in other areas to keep the Germans nervous.
    If that is all the mission is, then after siezing the some barrier islands as forward bases & having large naval forces mill about smartly then that may be all that is required. Every overaged SA trooper, volksturmer, grenadier, LW man, panzerman, 18 year old recruit & policeman in northern German will be camped out in the coastal dunes of Jutland & Frisia within the week.

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
      Minesweeping is a job for minesweepers. As for the air, where was it at Normandy? And Hamburg was as suggestion, not a big deal if it's aimed elsewhere. The mission of the landing would be to get more Germans away from France. After the Marines secure the beachhead they could turn it over to Monty, then withdraw and feint in other areas to keep the Germans nervous.
      How about Norway ?
      "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
      Samuel Johnson.

Comment

This is why I don't do what-ifs.

Have fun, guys.
        Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
        Hyperwar, Whats New
        World War II Resources
        The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...