Your Name is Jimmy Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Name is Jimmy Carter

It's Nov 1979 and your President of the US. Iran has just taken over your nations Embassy. What do you do?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    It's Nov 1979 and your President of the US. Iran has just taken over your nations Embassy. What do you do?
    Tell the Iranians and the world that this is an act of war and they have 24 hours to release the US embassy officials. If they don't comply, Carter proclaims a naval blockade of Iran, the US seizes all of their gold reserves and the bombing of the Iranian power generating grid begins as soon as enough carrier air groups and B-52's can get there. This will do for a start..
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
      Tell the Iranians and the world that this is an act of war and they have 24 hours to release the US embassy officials. If they don't comply, Carter proclaims a naval blockade of Iran, the US seizes all of their gold reserves and the bombing of the Iranian power generating grid begins as soon as enough carrier air groups and B-52's can get there. This will do for a start..
      Second send out the order for possible invasion of Iran. Ask for a call up of armed forces reserves. Send the Us 82 and 1st Marine Div in for a beachead in Iran. Have CIA with the help of the Mossad, MI-6, French Int, and German Int with Spec Forces begin a Middle Eastern Phoenix Program to capture and assassinate Iran student leaders if necessary Mr. Khoemeni.

Comment

I'd try Slick's plan posted on here not too long ago.

Identify the culprits (the real ones not those silly students) - abduct their entire immediate family, send a small piece of one of them back as proof - with a polite note asking if we can discuss this as gentlemen
        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by The last bullet View Post
          Second send out the order for possible invasion of Iran. Ask for a call up of armed forces reserves. Send the Us 82 and 1st Marine Div in for a beachead in Iran. Have CIA with the help of the Mossad, MI-6, French Int, and German Int with Spec Forces begin a Middle Eastern Phoenix Program to capture and assassinate Iran student leaders if necessary Mr. Khoemeni.
          CIA covert warfare ability has already been effectively neutered and gutted by Frank Church's Congressional witch hunt investigations, leaving the once highly effective intelligence agency a pale shadow of its former self and completely incapable of any such activities..

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
            I'd try Slick's plan posted on here not too long ago.

Identify the culprits (the real ones not those silly students) - abduct their entire immediate family, send a small piece of one of them back as proof - with a polite note asking if we can discuss this as gentlemen
            It worked for the Soviets in Lebanon but then, the KGB didn't have to worry about any self serving governmental oversight committees condemning them or their actions.

Comment

Interesting ideas here, but what about the American hostages? Are they write offs?

I always liked the idea of massive airstrikes on the Tehran airport. With each load moving towards downtown. Followed with "let my people go"

Comment

What hostages?

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                  What hostages?
                  Ah my good friend is a realist. Why am I not surprised.

Comment

Initially tell them release the hostages or face the consequences. I'd then start moving troops and ships into the region enmasse for an invasion if the hostages are not released.
                    When Iran sees 4 + carriers, several MABs and other ships all converging on them they most likely will back down, release the hostages rather than face an invasion.

In a situation like this a demand backed by a credible threat usually is sufficent for action. But, you have to be willing to take action on the threat if the other side doesn't buckle.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Initially tell them release the hostages or face the consequences. I'd then start moving troops and ships into the region enmasse for an invasion if the hostages are not released.
                      When Iran sees 4 + carriers, several MABs and other ships all converging on them they most likely will back down, release the hostages rather than face an invasion.

In a situation like this a demand backed by a credible threat usually is sufficent for action. But, you have to be willing to take action on the threat if the other side doesn't buckle.
                      your the President. Do what you think will bring this to a satisfactory conclusion.

Comment

I'd send in 6 to 8 helicopters loaded with experienced, highly-trained Delta Force personnel to conduct a carefully-planned, detailed extraction operation to get the hostages out.

As long as at least 4 helicopters and their personnel remained viable (the minimum required for the operation), I would instruct that the operation continue and not be aborted.

Philip
                        "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          your the President. Do what you think will bring this to a satisfactory conclusion.
                          The thing I would make clear here is I don't care if you have a revolution. But, taking Americans hostage as part of that is unacceptable. I will get them released either by you smartly letting them go or by me stomping your pissant nation into the dirt. The choice is up to you.

"This government wants Perdicaris alive or Raisuli dead."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Perdicaris

Iran has a choice to make....

Comment

Also what about than pesky country Iraq. Would green-lighting them to go invade Iran help at all

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              The thing I would make clear here is I don't care if you have a revolution. But, taking Americans hostage as part of that is unacceptable. I will get them released either by you smartly letting them go or by me stomping your pissant nation into the dirt. The choice is up to you.

"This government wants Perdicaris alive or Raisuli dead."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Perdicaris

Iran has a choice to make....
                              Well Mr President do you except that our hostages well most likely be killed if we attack? Is that except able to you and our nation? Well the people and the press react negatively or positively?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X