1992 Indian Punjab Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Indian Punjab Election

Baba Gurbachan Singh Manouchal said that if it were boycotted the pro-sikh politicians would not get in, and a reign of terror would sweep Punjab and everything would come to an end. The freedom struggle, would be set back decades and it was.

What if.. It weren't boycotted, if the Akali Dal people were elected, I suspect for some reason a very autonomous Indian Punjab, or Khalistan would exist today.

What possible benefit will sikhs get from an independent Khalistan ? Expect a major strategic victory for pakistan

Comment

The Sikhs should remember what happened in Pakistani Punjab to the Sikhs.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Pakistani punjabis love the sikhs much more than sindhis or muhajirs so I dont think that would be too much of a concern for them.

Comment

The Pakistanis encouraged all non-Muslims to flee to India from the Punjab during the violence caused by the Partition. Pakistan has very few non-Muslims! The irony is the Muslim population of India is the second highest in the world. Indonesia has more.

Anybody see evidence of Sikhs in the Pakistani Army?

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

^ That was in the 40s when the ethnic cleansing had a lot of economic and political reasons, but 80s the punjabis had alienated all the minorities in Pakistan and felt more comfortable with their punjabi brethern across the border.If you know punjabis they love their language and culture more than any religion and sikhs are as much "sons of the soil" as the muslim punjabis.Problem is that muslim punjabis feared dominated from sikhs thats why they opted to partition punjab in the 40s , before that the muslim punjabi nationalists ( like Khizar hayat tiwana) were strongly opposed to partition of punjab.By 80s they already dominated most of pakistan like a greater punjab and were ready to support the sikhs to carve out a state of their own not only as an buffer against India but also to intimidate the other muslim minorities in Pakistan.
            Last edited by nastle; 18 Dec 12, 12:04.

Comment

Originally posted by nastle View Post
              ^ That was in the 40s when the ethnic cleansing had a lot of economic and political reasons, but 80s the punjabis had alienated all the minorities in Pakistan and felt more comfortable with their punjabi brethern across the border.If you know punjabis they love their language and culture more than any religion and sikhs are as much "sons of the soil" as the muslim punjabis.Problem is that muslim punjabis feared dominated from sikhs thats why they opted to partition punjab in the 40s , before that the muslim punjabi nationalists ( like Khizar hayat tiwana) were strongly opposed to partition of punjab.By 80s they already dominated most of pakistan like a greater punjab and were ready to support the sikhs to carve out a state of their own not only as an buffer against India but also to intimidate the other muslim minorities in Pakistan.
              It's 50-50, a lot of the attacks on sikhs were in rawalpindi and it ended up being Pathans.

I remember Mi5 saying that they thoguht sikhs would make their own state anyway, having 25% of the army at partition, as well as people hardened by partition but they didn't.

I have read that there were peace talks in 91 but that they were sabotaged by the ISI.

I know that the army in Pakistan is Punjabi politicians Sindi or that's the saying.

The punjabi thing is coming back but in Canada for example, many pakistanis are punjabi but don't claim it. They say pakistani see themselves as muslim, and speak urdu; I point out they're Punjabi and their eyes light up.

It's weird, there's a lot of love between Punjabis both sides of the border now, so things will change. The issues of low investment, dis-regard by the state etc. are both there.

Remember that the capitals of both Punjabs Lahore, and Amritsar are 20 miles from each other. When I go on my phone to check Amritsar weather, the station is in lahore.

-----

To the person asking what Sikhs would get? They would get the army that basically forced a british surrender despite being leaderless in the first anglo sikh war.

-

I'm not on a good kb, but if you look at India today, since the IMF thing in 91 where it almost went bankrupt and even for a time before it's been selling the common people's rights away at a faster than normal pace.

---

It's known that the majority of the heroin in the Greater Toronto Area flows into Brampton and MIss. to suburbs with heavy Punjabi Sikh pop.

Where does it come from? Str8 from Amritsar Airport sanctioned by the Badal/BJP gov.

They are working on destroying this culture, this identity because it makes them in-secure.

---

Shiv Sena -- A widely celebrated group whose leader Bal Thakeray just died; my friend's uncle killed the President of Punjab Shiv Sena durign the 80's and he was known to have tortured and killed over 800 youth around a certain city.

I think that highlights the problem.

---

Braminism has always had problems with fairness; from hi-jacking Indian history, to changing the caste system to be by birth, attacking buddhist and jain kingdoms, and now sikh kingdoms all to preserve a cult/social order that doesn't matter anyway;

So many men control, attack, and monitor society but you can't do everything by force; they still don't have 'game' and women still don't find them appealing.

Failure is the name of the game;

Jo Bole So Nihaal
              Sat Sri Akal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X