Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are the Soviet Premier after Khruschev

Ive got somethign neww guys

The Soviets collapsed due to a increasingly economically unsustainable arms race with the US. Wel lhow about this

Khruschev has ben removed from office. You have taken over and you will have a 25 year reign. What do you do so your country survives the Cold War

I would invest heavily in education and agriculture and break up community farms gradually over 5 years. I heard that they tried this and it was so sucessful some farmers were jailed. I would not invade Afgahnistan at all and put out more feelers in the Middle East and stop the Sino-Soviet Split by, all means. I would improve relations with India and work on modernizing the armed forces and nuclear weapons. I would put massive investments in technolgy at the same time try to improve relations with WP nations and improve conditions for conscripts while increasing there pay making it more likely for them to re enlist giving the SU a larger core of expierienced NCO's something that the Soviets have always had problesm wiht. Also i would improve relations with Israel and at the same time reduce in making sheer numbers of weapons and streamline aircraft production.

So Thoughts?

Originally posted by Lionhearti View Post
    Ive got somethign neww guys

The Soviets collapsed due to a increasingly economically unsustainable arms race with the US. Wel lhow about this

Khruschev has ben removed from office. You have taken over and you will have a 25 year reign. What do you do so your country survives the Cold War

I would invest heavily in education and agriculture and break up community farms gradually over 5 years. I heard that they tried this and it was so sucessful some farmers were jailed. I would not invade Afgahnistan at all and put out more feelers in the Middle East and stop the Sino-Soviet Split by, all means. I would improve relations with India and work on modernizing the armed forces and nuclear weapons. I would put massive investments in technolgy at the same time try to improve relations with WP nations and improve conditions for conscripts while increasing there pay making it more likely for them to re enlist giving the SU a larger core of expierienced NCO's something that the Soviets have always had problesm wiht. Also i would improve relations with Israel and at the same time reduce in making sheer numbers of weapons and streamline aircraft production.

So Thoughts?
    The irony of this is some of what you are saying was being considered by Kruschev who after the lessons of the Cuban missile crisis wanted tp take the heat out of the cold war. He covertly had an ally in this in JFK who thought the same way. They were ahead of their time in some senses as they saw the folly of what was going on in whilst others escalated the view that neither side was to be trusted. Unfortunatley JFK's death ended the back channel conversations the two leaders were having and this lead to a re-entrenchement of the status quo. Kruschev wanted to end the huge spending on defence to put it into the domestic economy but it wasn't to be...

Comment

Intresting

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X