This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EiA - Attention to Orders!!

This thread will be used for posting all open orders and instructions for each team through each phase of the game turn. Secret/private discussions between teams need not be posted only the public result.

Diplomatic Phase:

Time allowed - 48 hours

- minor countries that a power will accept control of need not be made public. Send the GM a PM so the appriate boxes in the game can be "checked".
    - likewise any minors that you are willing to fight for if attacked should be noted in same PM.

Ex: Britain has warned Spain that if it attacks Portugal it will mean war between Britain and Spain. This can be set up to happen automatically by checking the correct box but if Britain wants to retain the flexibility of doing so after watching the situation develop then the box(es) should remain unchecked (the default).

- declartions of war are made at this time as are the call to major power allies (should be included in PM to the GM)
    - all alliances that are agreed to in discussions should be posted in a teams orders as well as any transfer of money between Powers. If accepted by other power the alliance is sealed in this phase.
    - all corps to be loaned to an allied Power should be noted in orders.
    -attempts to influence or ally with neutral minors or the downgrading of same relations are to be noted in orders (these acts cost dollars - usually 1-2 for influence attempts, 3-5 for alliance attempts). There is no guarantee of success in these attempts
    -sueing for peace is done at this time as are the offering of terms (based on conditional or unconditional peace)
    - Free state declarations are made at this time (freeing a conquered minor so it can raise its own corps and fleets to support you)
    - granting access to allied major powers is done at this time.

The Reinforcement Phase

Time Allowed +24 hours end of Diplomatic phase

What is produced by players is a confidential as are the location of where reinforcements go. Since fleets are hard to keep secret the information about reinforcing of fleets will not last long.

NB - The teams should give some thought to how the will deploy any minor country forces that they may receive based on the minors they choose to accept control of. This will save time.

The Naval Phase

Time Allowed +24 hours from close of Reinforcement Phase

- all naval moves should be plotted and posted using the area numbers from the strategic map or port names. The orders concerning interception and evasion can be kept confidential. These orders will trigger automatic battles in some cases that may interrupt or stop movement based on results.

-all moves, unless noted otherwise will be by the most direct route.

IE: Nelson, I Hvy, I Lt, II Lt Plymouth move Cadiz/Blockade

- this is the phase that armies are loaded on transport and moved over seas. Make sure this is noted as well

IE: I Trn Flt p/u VI Corps London; move Amsterdam port

NB - if a naval move is interrupted and the mission cancelled due to a defeat; the team will be messaged and given 12 hours to amend other orders. If no response is received it is assumed the news arrived too late to change other missions... it is before the telegraph and radio.

The Land Phase

Time Allowed 24 hours after the conclusion of the previous teams move

- Because full information about stacks is not always available movement orders can be as detailed or general as desired. The following abbreviations should be used:

M(d)# = Move to area # pay for supply, do not attempt forage.
    MF(d)/F#$ = Move Full (area/city)/Forage 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, - a corps will move to its destination by the best route and will forage if the FV remains =/> the number.

IE: Napoleon, G, I, II, III and IC Corps area ordered to move from Le Havre to Strasbourg. The order is written:

[Nap + 5 Corps Le Havre MF (Strasbourg)/F4]

Nap and the G Corps move first passing through northern France with the lowest FV being a 4. on arrival the G Corps has an FV of 5 (4-1dr for home resulting in a successful forage on 5 or less). The corps will forage. Next I Corps moves by same route and on arrival has a FV of 4 -1 (home) +1 additional corps. I Corps will forage. Next IC will move and arrive with 1 MP remaining. It has a forage value of 4 -1 (MP) -1 (home) +2 additional corps = 4. IC will forage. The remaining two corps can no longer manage a forage value of at least 4 when they arrive so these two corps will forage.

All forage losses will be noted in a post script by the GM.

For all corps on the map the players should advise the GM what the possible tactical chits choices will be when attacking. If you are expecting an attack, give some thought to possibilities and send these to the GM via PM, the choice will be assigned as directed. This will speed play and avoid the computer choosing randomly.

TEAMS - not that all movement will be carried out in the best interest of the units involved. Standing order can also be given for expensive troops.

EX: G, C and A can be given a "NO FORAGE" standing order. Or they may be given a NF<FV5 order (no forage less 5)

- The establishment of city/port or depot garrisons s/b noted during the movement phase if the factors are are to come from corps in or passing through the target hexes.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________
    Last edited by The Purist; 21 Oct 12, 15:41.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

At Start Deployment Phase

RUSSIA MAY NOW SEND IN THEIR DEPLOYMENT ORDERS

THEN TURKEY

THEN AUSTRIA

THEN PRUSSIA

THEN SPAIN

THEN FRANCE

THEN BRITAIN
    Last edited by The Purist; 22 Oct 12, 00:08.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

Russia Deployment

Brest-Litovsk = 2 corps, depot, Kutuzov

Vitebsk = 2 Corps, depot, Alexander

Kiev = 3 Corps, depot, Bagration

Smolensk = 1 Corps

St Petersburg = II Hvy: 13H, II Lt: 3L

Sevastapol = I Hvy: 15H, I Lt: 4L, I Trn: 10T

Kamnetz Garrison - 5

Odessa Garrison - 5

Stavropol - 3

Kovno - 2

<Note to teams:
      1) city garrisons are not unknown,... agents can gather that information and a click on the map would tell another power the strength so please include garrisons here
      2) Fleets are the same so please include your ship numbers in the fleets>

Russian Forces North - note fleet deployment in St Petersburg is not shown.

Russia South - Note the change in city name and location on the Bessarabian/Podolian border from the Strategic Map (see appropriate thread)

Attached Files
      Last edited by The Purist; 23 Oct 12, 18:21.
      An 18th century Imagi nation blog set in England/

Comment

Excellent. I will post a screen shot or two to show folks what's up in Russia.

Most of the time you folks will have to "read" the maps in the Strategic Map thread,... posting enough maps to satisfy everyone every turn would be far too time consuming (I have a job).

I will post "crowded areas" but the updates in the map thread show most changes and I will add others as they are discovered (as is the case with Nemirov)

Turkey is up next
        Last edited by The Purist; 24 Oct 12, 08:23.
        The Purist

Comment

Nicopolis = 3 corps, depot, Pechilivan Khan

Thessaloniki = I TP: 10 TP, I LT : 10 LT

Jerusalem = 2 corps, depot, Kushanz Ali

Acre = I Hvy: 12H, II Lt : 5L

Damascus = 1 Corps

Constantinople garrison - 2I, IV Lt - 1L

Salonika garrison - 1I

Acre garrison - 1I

Imertia garrison - 2I.

The Turkisk Deployment in the Balkans

The Turkish forces in Palestine and Syria

Attached Files
          Last edited by The Purist; 25 Oct 12, 09:45.
          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Two down - five to go.

Thanks Snowygerry and Karri. I know the learning curve has been steep. I will post a couple of pics when I get home this evening.

Cheers!

Austria ! - your up!

Prussia is on deck
            The Purist

Comment

Austrian Deployment

Salzburg - 3 Corps, Depot
              Venice - 3 Corps
              Karlstadt - 1 Corps, Depot
              Freiburg - 2 Corps, Depot
              Trieste - 1 Corps
              Vienna - 1 Corps, 5I garrison
              Venice - I Lt: 2L
              Freiburg - 1I garrison
              Luxemberg - 1I garrison

Austria deploys in defensive depth, down in Venice are two additional corps.

Attached Files
              Last edited by The Purist; 26 Oct 12, 17:47.
              The Purist

Comment

Prussian Set UP

Magdeburg - Brunswick, 2 corps, Depot

Berlin - 1 corps

Warsaw - Hohenloe, 2 Corps, depot

Breslau - 1 Corps

Koingsberg - 1 Corps

Saxony - 1 Saxon Corps

Prussia - 1 corps is up in Koningsberg off map

France should be ready to submit their set up later tonight or early Saturday (0800h GMT)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by The Purist; 26 Oct 12, 18:30.
                The Purist

Comment

Spanish Deployment

Cartagena - 2 Corps, I Hvy: 20H, II Hvy: 20H, I Lt: 10L, II Lt: 10L, I Trn: 10T, 2I - Garrison

Cadiz – 1 Corps, III Lt: 2L

Parma – 1 Corps

Spain - an additional corps is deployed in Parma in northern Italy.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by The Purist; 26 Oct 12, 20:27.
                  The Purist

Comment

French Deployment

Paris - 2I garrison
                    Le Havre - 5I garrison, I Hvy: 20H, II Hvy: 19H, I Lt: 10L, IILt: 2L, I Trn: 10T
                    Cherbourg - 5I garrison
                    Lille - Napoleon, 2 Corps
                    Metz - Ney, 1 Corps
                    Strasbourg - 1 Corps
                    Marseilles - 3I garrison, III LT: 10L
                    Bayonne - 1 Corps, depot

Julich (Cologne) - Murat, 1 Corps
                    Mainz - Soult, 1 Corps, depot
                    Area 316 - bernadotte, 1 Corps

Area 338 - Massena, 1 Corps
                    Milan - 1 depot
                    Turin - 1 Corps

Amsterdam - Holland Corps, I Holland Hvy: 13H, II Holland Lt: 5L, 5I - garrison

Northern France, Flanders, the Rhine and Holland

Southern France and Northern Italy

Attached Files
                    Last edited by The Purist; 02 Nov 12, 17:43.
                    The Purist

Comment

Britain's Deployment

London - 1 Corps, depot, XII Lt Flt: 1L
                      Portsmouth - 1I garrison
                      Bristol - 1 Corps, VII Lt: 9L
                      Plymouth - 1I garrison, V Hvy Flt: 6H
                      Yarmouth - VI Lt Flt: 5L
                      Liverpool - 1I garrison; 1 Corps
                      Dublin - 2I garrison; VI Hvy Flt: 5H

Amsterdam - III Hvy Flt: 15H; II Lt Flt: 10L; blockading

Le Havre - I Hvy: 20H; II Hvy: 20H; I Lt: 10L; blockading
                      Marseilles - III Lt Flt: 10L; IV Lt Flt: 7L; blockading

Gibraltar - 2I garrison, IV Hvy Flt: 10H; V Lt Flt: 5L

Malta - 1I garrison

Britain's Home Defence

Attached Files
                      Last edited by The Purist; 27 Oct 12, 13:18.
                      The Purist

Comment

Diplomacy Phase -

Jan 1805 - Diplomacy

Time to wrap up your chats for the time being Gentlemen. Or rather, your chats can continue but you need to post your public decisions concerning Diplomatic matters in the Open Forum thread

The Game is on!

48 hours (no later than 1200 GMT Monday) to complete your PM messages to me with the private Diplomatic issues as noted in the Tutorial. If I have all actions before then I will post.

Teams need to determine the following policies:

1a - which minor countries will it agree to control if they attacked? There are political points to gain and lose. The default is to attempt "all" since. If a minor withstands or repels an attack the controlled state becomes a free state of the controller until it falls. The idea is to gain more political points than one loses before the country falls.

1b - which minor country are you so intent on obtaining that if another Power attacks it you will declare war? You must note the minor to defend and against whom (some of the Powers? all?)

2 - will you trade with Britain? extra money involved. One cannot trade with Britain if at war with Britain. If Britain will you trade with other countries wishing to do so?

3 - If at war with a major Power will you offer "Conditional" Peace? What are your terms (one chosen from list in the tutorial)? If offered Con Peace, which term will you block (one chosen from list)?

4 - Do you wish to sue for peace against a Power you are at war with?

5 - with whom will you seek alliances. If you ally with a major power or a minor power it cost more political points to attack as there is a cost to breaking such alliances. If two powers wish to ally then they both must offer alliances in their orders.

6 - Which two minor states will you try to influence/ally with (if any) or which two minor states influenced or allied to a non-allied Power will you try to undermine?

7 - which allied Power will you grant access to your territory to? If an allied power's forces are in your country, they cannot declare war on you (stab in the back).

Each team will have to swap messages via email and PM to reach agreement before submitting their "actions" for implementation. The French decisions and actions are dealt with first.

The order of play is:

France, Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Britain, Spain.
                        Last edited by The Purist; 27 Oct 12, 15:22.
                        The Purist

Comment

Jan 1805 - Political Actions and Results

Actions -

France:

- France attempts to influence Hesse
                          - France declares war on Baden, Nassau and Berg

Russia

- allies with Austria.
                          -will trade with Britain

Turkey

- will trade with Britain

Austria

- allies with Russia
                          - attempts to ally with Bavaria
                          - attempts to ally with Modena
                          - grants access to Russia

Prussia

- will attempt to influence Denmark

Great Britain

- will trade with non-French allied powers
                          - will attempt to influence Sweden
                          - will attempt to influence Denmark

Spain

- declares war on Morocco
                          - declares war on Tripolitania
                          - declares war on Cyrenaica
                          - attempts to influence Sardinia

Results

Trade agreements with Britain are in place.

France

- has influence with Hesse
                          - is at war with Baden, Berg and Nassau

Russia

- Russia and Austria are now allies

Turkey

- has control of Cyrenaica and Tripolitania due to influence held pre-game NB - this does not mean Spain and Turkey are at war.

Austria

- Russia and Austria are now allies
                          - Bavaria is allied to Austria
                          - Modena is allied to Austria

Prussia

- has control of Berg
                          - has influence with Denmark

Spain

- is allied to Britain
                          - controls Nassau
                          - controls Baden

Great Britain

- is allied to Spain
                          - has influence with Sweden
                          Last edited by The Purist; 05 Nov 12, 20:55.
                          The Purist

Comment

Reinforcement Phase

Jan 1805 - Reinforcement Phase

Spain

Blake Join the Corps in Cadiz

Costanos joins a corps in Cartagena

The Nassau forces deploy 1I in Frankfurt

The Badenese forces deploy their 8I in Karlsruhe.

Great Britain

None

Prussia

The Army of Berg deploys 1I in Dusseldorf

Austria

None

Turkey

Cyrenaica deploys 5I in Benghazi and deploys the corps in the desert east of the capital

Tripolitania deplys 4I in Tripoli and the corps east of the city

Morocco surrenders for want of active support from another Power. Spain does not pay the -1 Pol Pt loss for the DoW.

Russia

None

France

None

Political Summary Jan 1805

Spain is the big winner this month as the other Powers failed to support Morocco. Spain edges ahead of the middle of the pack and is now just behind Russia in the European power race
                            Last edited by The Purist; 30 Oct 12, 18:26.
                            The Purist

Comment

Naval Phase - Jan 1805

Jan 1805 - Naval Phase

The order of play is as follows:

Great Britain
                              Russia
                              Turkey
                              Austria
                              Prussia
                              France
                              Spain

Because it is necessary to sea the players moves in sequence Teams must plot their orders in posts below in 'order of play' above. See post #5 in the tutorial.

Because this is the first turn each team can submit their moves to me and I will post them in sequence using the "posting format" that will be needed in the future. Once the other teams see how the British turn is done it should be self-explanatory

While the British are busy getting their move in the other teams should be preparing their own and be ready to post any naval move orders as soon as the team ahead of them is complete

Britain! Your up!!
                              The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X