Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
    Hi

Well for the Euro Navy I would start off with a bombardment of 100+ Tomahawk cruise missiles fired at the AB (by the British SSN's), until it was rendered unusable and the aircraft destroyed.

Regards
    Yep. That would be my response to the airbase.
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
      Yep. That would be my response to the airbase.
      Which is why it would be stupid to have those heavy assets that far forward!
      Кто там?
      Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
      Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
        Which is why it would be stupid to have those heavy assets that far forward!
        Hi

I agree that basing them so far forward is unusual, placing them further back also gives defenders more potential notice of intent. So the in-depth defence can be counter-productive under certain circumstances.

Regards
        "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
          Hi Exorcist

Well theirs no reason to doubt that they can't, given all the yrs they've trained together in various standing NATO maritime formations and exercises.

As I stated earlier the 100 or so cruise missiles will destroy a fair proportion of the Russian aircraft and the airfield infrastructure.

Regards
          What I am thinking is that the range of the missiles mounted on the Backfires, plus the range of the Backfires themselves, is greater than that of the Cruise missiles.
          The smaller Russian fleet would be positioned between the island and the attackers (otherwise, why bother with them?) and help direct the supporting aircraft while holding the Euro fleet by the nose.

That was my assumption, anyway.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X