Pre Gulf War Iraq vs 1972 NVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Gulf War Iraq vs 1972 NVA

Iraq has more expierience fighting guerillas and they have somewhat better technolgy. Will the expertise of the NVA prevail
    fight it out

Expertise?
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

All the fighting they do against the Kurds

Comment

Remember the NVA had support from the Russians and the Chinese . and were will they fight Indo-China or in the Iraqui desert ?

Comment

How about neutral territory - the Deccan Plateau of India is about halfway (not that I have anything against the Indians, just seemed like a good place).

Comment

I have a better idea - hows about The both fight on neutral ground in 1980. Similar equipment. Iraq probably has a slight edge in modernity. The PAVN has more experience.

Absent a whopping technology edge for the Iraqis my bet is that the PAVN wipe the floor with them. Better led, better motivated & tough as they come.
            Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

How does the PAVN have more experience than the Iraqis???? The Republican Guard had a good amount of skill and had experience because of the 8 year war with Iran. Call me crazy but I'm going with the Iraqis on this one

Comment

Originally posted by RexTheMan14 View Post
                How does the PAVN have more experience than the Iraqis???? The Republican Guard had a good amount of skill and had experience because of the 8 year war with Iran. Call me crazy but I'm going with the Iraqis on this one
                I'm waiting for this answer:

"Because they beat the United States."

Which will throw this thread into the toilet along with all of the other silly What Ifs that have popped up.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by RexTheMan14 View Post
                  Re-read what I wrote. All of it.

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                  I'm waiting for this answer:

"Because they beat the United States."

Which will throw this thread into the toilet along with all of the other silly What Ifs that have popped up.
                  In my variation (which I assume you are addressing) The PAVN has experienced battlefield commanders at all levels - from guys who stated out fighting the Japanese & French to guys who fought the RVN & US & right up to guys at lower levels who fought the Chinese. They also have people experienced in all manner of warfare. These guys racked up more dead in the US war alone than the whole Iran-Iraq war & just kept on fighting. They fought tougher & better resourced adversaries than the Iraqis did & they fought them for longer.

Like I said, absent a big gap in technology the PAVN wins.
                  Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X