Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Axis had won, what would the modern geo-political world look like?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Dashy View Post
    You make it sound so easy, how do the Germans get the poms to surrender? U-boats never got close to doing enough, the rest of the Kreigsmarine was an utter joke (a 1918 vintage battlecruiser managed to fend off two German Battleships, not to mention the worm ....) and the Luftwaffe was about as effective as a wet blanket when it came to strategic goals.

    or have you been reading "River wide, ocean deep"?
    Churchill had another opinion of U Boats.

    Interested to find out which naval engagement your speaking of. Which two KM battleships against which Battle Cruiser? Do you know something that I don't know?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      Interested to find out which naval engagement your speaking of. Which two KM battleships against which Battle Cruiser? Do you know something that I don't know?
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_off_Lofoten

      That would be my best guess.
      Diadochi Rising Wargame:
      King Pairisades I of the Bosporan Kingdom

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Anacreon View Post
        Looking at these three, the BC of the RN was the the same size with heavier armaments than the two KM ships. I've always considered those to have both to be BC and not BB's. Much like the Graf Spee they only carried 11" compared to the 15" of the RN ship.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

        Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

        you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
          Eastern Russia? That's a long hump, even from Moscow.
          Should have been Western Russia with Japan having control of Manchurian and Eastern Russia.

          Still, The US would have defeated Japan only because they didn't have access to the resources to quickly build up their naval forces as the US did by 1945. With the loss of control of the Pacific to US naval forces, they were cut off from their oil imports and any aid that Germany could provide them.
          “Breaking News,”

          “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
            Should have been Western Russia with Japan having control of Manchurian and Eastern Russia.

            Still, The US would have defeated Japan only because they didn't have access to the resources to quickly build up their naval forces as the US did by 1945. With the loss of control of the Pacific to US naval forces, they were cut off from their oil imports and any aid that Germany could provide them.
            I know, I was just riffing your honest and easily made mistake, but the upside was Roddoss' hilarious misinterpretation and response. That dude is a constant source of amusement.
            Кто там?
            Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
            Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              Churchill had another opinion of U Boats.

              Interested to find out which naval engagement your speaking of. Which two KM battleships against which Battle Cruiser? Do you know something that I don't know?
              Churchill's opinion, IIRC, was that he considered the U-Boats the greatest threat Britain faced, the only shortage the British came close to was a petroleum shortage, they were one week away from running out. However a convoy supplied them well before this ran out. The pom's may have run into some trouble in 42', but when the Sunderland's started getting better munitions it's all over for them U-boats.

              as for the BB BC debate, the German Battleships have, quite literally, over twice the Armour of the Renown, and you'll also note that most German Battleships in WW1 had 11" armament as well, to top it off they were a good 4000 tonnes heavier. Feel free to call them BC's, but the Germans called them Battleships so I will too.
              Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                I know, I was just riffing your honest and easily made mistake, but the upside was Roddoss' hilarious misinterpretation and response. That dude is a constant source of amusement.
                Dude what is your problem.

                At least i am prepared to work with the set conditions of the OP.

                You do seem to go out of your way to serially put up posts continually sprouting the Soviet cause, and try like hell to debunk every thread that dares to mention that the Soviets are defeated. But i gotta say your absolute love of all things Joseph Stalin and the Hammer and Sickle, and in your case "Better Red than Dead".

                In case you are not aware of, you are in the "Alternate Timeline" section.

                Das Vedana

                Comment


                • #38
                  Not sure to what extent...but terrorism would not be coming out of the middle east. Don't know if it would come from somewhere else or not, but Muslims should be much happier little consumers in this timeline.
                  "In the absence of orders...find something and kill it!" Lt. General Erwin Rommel, 1942

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
                    Dude what is your problem.

                    At least i am prepared to work with the set conditions of the OP.

                    You do seem to go out of your way to serially put up posts continually sprouting the Soviet cause, and try like hell to debunk every thread that dares to mention that the Soviets are defeated. But i gotta say your absolute love of all things Joseph Stalin and the Hammer and Sickle, and in your case "Better Red than Dead".

                    In case you are not aware of, you are in the "Alternate Timeline" section.

                    Das Vedana
                    Again, I am calling you out for the 3rd or 4th time. Post examples in this thread where I have ever mentioned any love of Stalin, communism, or anything like that.

                    Everytime you say this, I post the same challenge, and it is always tumbleweeds from you. No response. Ever. The reason for this is because there are no examples you can post.

                    So go ahead and post these examples. I'll be waiting.
                    Кто там?
                    Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                    Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X