Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Axis had won, what would the modern geo-political world look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Axis had won, what would the modern geo-political world look like?

What would the modern geo-political world look like if the Axis have won?

1.) Can Nazi Germany continue to prosper after Hitler's death or would it unravel into a series of purges as competing factions fight for leadership?
    2.) Can Japan hold on to China or would it get absorbed like all of China's conqueror's?
    3.) What happens to the European colonies?

Win =
    Germany gets to build Germania that stretches to the Urals, Japan gets her Asia Co-Prosperity sphere, and Italy gets her reborne Roman Empire centered around the Mediterrean.

America remains in the Western Hemisphere.
    Last edited by IDonT4; 08 May 12, 16:17.

Define "won".

Does that mean holding onto the territory that the Axis controlled at such-and-such date. Or does it mean they conquored the world?
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
      Define "won".

Does that mean holding onto the territory that the Axis controlled at such-and-such date. Or does it mean they conquored the world?
      Is it a forgone conclusion both Germany and Japan are victorious? What about Italy? At what stage is this victory? Too many variables are not present.
      Кто там?
      Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
      Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
        Define "won".

Germany gets to build Germania that stretches to the Urals, Japan gets her Asia Co-Prosperity sphere, and Italy gets her Mediterrean lake.

America remains in the Western Hemisphere.

Comment

Horrible thought.
          Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

The Jews and Slavs would be an endangered species.

I agree, horrible horrible thought...
            "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

At least Communism would be gone. That's about the only plus.
              A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                At least Communism would be gone. That's about the only plus.
                True, they sure hated the Bolsheviks...

But what about in the East. What sort of geopolitical changes would have occurred there?
                "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Not much of a trade off--Nazis instead of Soviets. Guess the world will still have its villains one way or the other.
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

The Pacific War and Germany's war are two seperate things. Japan stood zero chance of actually winning.

Comment

President Obama would be apologizing for Lend-Lease.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
                      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        The Pacific War and Germany's war are two seperate things. Japan stood zero chance of actually winning.
                        Germany and Italy (and the Axis Allies) had a snowball's chance of winning?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Well there were links, Japan only became more aggressive as I understand it because of how well Germany seemed to be doing and the perceived weakness of the European colonial powers. No accident one of the main triggers was the occupation of Vichy French Indochina.

If Japan had played it a bit better, they could have gotten their co-prosperity sphere by not doing things that diverted too much attention of the US and the other powers from the conflict in Europe. No attack on the US for starters, perhaps no attack on the European colonial territories. Heck I would not have started war with China but used Manchuria as a base to counter Soviet influence and fund and covertly assist sympathetic factions in China and anti-colonial movements in Asia.

Comment

Substituting the ratzis for the Communists is most definitely not a net gain. More like the ultimate lose/lose proposition.

Seems like you can sum up an Axis victory in one word (that the censor will pass) dung.

Regards,
                            Dennis
                            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
                              Germany and Italy (and the Axis Allies) had a snowball's chance of winning?
                              Germany could have stopped with Britain and France and then just taken on Britain. There was no reason they had to invade Russia. It is possible in that scenario that eventually a negotiated peace could have resulted regardless of Churchill's bluster to the contrary.

Italy's fate largely rides on Germany's. So, it is entirely possible that Germany ends up with a "win" and half a glass of what Hitler wants.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X