1944 Wehrmacht vs 1850 USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1944 Wehrmacht vs 1850 USA

It is easy, the 1944 Wehrmacht (with a reliable convoy system between Canada to Germany as to access 1944 German industries) is placed on the Canadian Border and is going to invade the USA and that facing them is the total strength of the US Armed forces of 1850. Well who would win?

^Your Argument is Invalid^
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

In that picture, was that an American or Russian Bear?

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
        It is easy, the 1944 Wehrmacht (with a reliable convoy system between Canada to Germany as to access 1944 German industries) is placed on the Canadian Border and is going to invade the USA and that facing them is the total strength of the US Armed forces of 1850. Well who would win?
        The choices are:

A. the flying monkeys
        B. nuclear armed moon bats
        C. Godzilla
        D. Curly, Moe and Larry
        E. Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Easy, just so long as the Proto Super-Rebs get their Manhattan Project going.

There is, out there somewhere on the web, a 'Limited Edition Historical Art Print' of the Don Troriani school (albeit slightly less historically accurate) showing an actual Confederate Nuclear strike on the hapless Yankees, but I can't find the damn thing tonight.
          Last edited by Chukka; 02 May 12, 06:18.
          One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
          Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
            In that picture, was that an American or Russian Bear?
            Considering it was Teddy Roosevelt, I'm going with American.
            Кто там?
            Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
            Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Agreed that some of these man vs bear with lazers are pretty silly. It is more logical to compare armies that could have met such as Longbows vs Mongols, or 1865 us vs 1865 britain etc...

Comment

Originally posted by niikeb View Post
                Agreed that some of these man vs bear with lazers are pretty silly. It is more logical to compare armies that could have met such as Longbows vs Mongols, or 1865 us vs 1865 britain etc...
                Maybe, but I enjoy Zulus vs the Death Star threads myself.
                Кто там?
                Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

At least make it interesting an put them up against an 1864 American Army with the Confederacy having accepted terms to rejoin the Union and making common cause with Bluebellies.

That being settled, the 1944 Wermacht win because modern warfare is more tha numbers.
                  "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                  George Mason
                  Co-author of the Second Amendment
                  during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by niikeb View Post
                    OH NO YOU DON'T!!!!!!!!!!
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                      Considering it was Teddy Roosevelt, I'm going with American.
                      The monocle and topper should have alerted me to that. But I thought the "steed" was "Honest Abe".

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
                        The monocle and topper should have alerted me to that. But I thought the "steed" was "Honest Abe".
                        Never saw Teddy with a monacle. Prince Nez yes, but monacle no! Tis Abe on the bottom.

Regards,
                        Dennis

Comment

01May2013 will mark the first anniversary of Rod going nutso...
                          Skip

Comment

I'd say US since George Washington would ride out of his grave on an enchanted dragon to lead them.

Comment

Just for giggles, here are the numbers for the US army from Answers.com:

With the outbreak of the Mexican War in 1846, the army's basic establishment swelled to 17,812, achieved mainly by filling the understrength units with recruits.

The government added 4 permanent regiments in 1855, bringing the total to 19; on the eve of the Civil War, the regular army's actual strength stood at 16,367 officers and men.

Damn good thing the ratzis didn't have enough U-boats to build a bridge across the Atlantic!

Regards.
                              Dennis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X