Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the US decides to 'transport' to fix the Afgan situation?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What if the US decides to 'transport' to fix the Afgan situation?

    Caviat: Debating the legality of this within US law is not part of the scenario. Assume that as far as the US goes it is considered legal. International law... different fish.

    In this scenario the US government decides to "fix" their Afgan terrorist problem by 'transporting.' That is, they offer every person currently incarcerated in a US prison the opportunity to renounce their US citizenship and be transported to Afghanistan.
    The deal is the prisoner renounces citizenship and agrees never to step foot on US soil again. He or she will get all of their personal possessions. Their immediate family is eligible to go with them (but, assuming no criminal record don't have to renounce citizenship). They must spend all US cash in their possession on material goods from US vendors. They may buy / order anything short of nuclear weapons. That means they can afford autocannon, a tank, automatic weapons, they can buy them.... whatever they want.
    They and their possessions will then be shipped to Afghanistan where they will be dumped on the airport tarmac or pier. What they do from there other than not bother US or NATO troops is between them and the Afghanis.

    Given the US has several million people in prison there would likely be a fairly large number of people willing to take this offer. They may be vicious mother stabers and father rapers but most of them have far more education (assuming 8th grade and can read and write) and knowledge of indoor plumbing than the average Afghani. Many would be hardened gang members.
    I suspect in pretty short order most of the terrorism in Afghanistan would stop as the bodies start piling up. The taliban wouldn't be safe in Pakistan either as I doubt those transported would observe the niceties of international borders......

    Given that Afghanistan has alot of natural resources and is a major source of poppies for herion I would also think these guys would more than willingly trade with international corporations for mineral rights to the property they now control.......

    Okay, the international community would hate on the US but what's new about that.....

  • #2
    to Afghanistan where they will be dumped on the airport tarmac or pier.
    I see very big problems here at the pier. Afghanistan is land locked.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Caviat: Debating the legality of this within US law is not part of the scenario. Assume that as far as the US goes it is considered legal. International law... different fish.

      In this scenario the US government decides to "fix" their Afgan terrorist problem by 'transporting.' That is, they offer every person currently incarcerated in a US prison the opportunity to renounce their US citizenship and be transported to Afghanistan.
      The deal is the prisoner renounces citizenship and agrees never to step foot on US soil again. He or she will get all of their personal possessions. Their immediate family is eligible to go with them (but, assuming no criminal record don't have to renounce citizenship). They must spend all US cash in their possession on material goods from US vendors. They may buy / order anything short of nuclear weapons. That means they can afford autocannon, a tank, automatic weapons, they can buy them.... whatever they want.
      They and their possessions will then be shipped to Afghanistan where they will be dumped on the airport tarmac or pier. What they do from there other than not bother US or NATO troops is between them and the Afghanis.

      Given the US has several million people in prison there would likely be a fairly large number of people willing to take this offer. They may be vicious mother stabers and father rapers but most of them have far more education (assuming 8th grade and can read and write) and knowledge of indoor plumbing than the average Afghani. Many would be hardened gang members.
      I suspect in pretty short order most of the terrorism in Afghanistan would stop as the bodies start piling up. The taliban wouldn't be safe in Pakistan either as I doubt those transported would observe the niceties of international borders......

      Given that Afghanistan has alot of natural resources and is a major source of poppies for herion I would also think these guys would more than willingly trade with international corporations for mineral rights to the property they now control.......

      Okay, the international community would hate on the US but what's new about that.....
      See thats why you should be in charge, can't argue with any of it.

      You are getting a rep for this.

      Comment


      • #4
        You wish to unleash an armed, psychotic force on anyone that lives inside the Afghanistan border?

        And give them control of the poppy fields?

        I've heard crazier ideas but not outside of a mental hospital.
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

        That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          I see very big problems here at the pier. Afghanistan is land locked.
          Depends alot on what they're on when they arrive doesn't it?.....

          Comment


          • #6
            Isn't that how Australia got started
            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
              Isn't that how Australia got started
              Exactly, and look what happened there!
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

              That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

              Comment


              • #8
                Good idea

                I think England would be happy to do same.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Actually I would envision a more French Foriegn Legion situation.

                  Where the same offer is offered, but is also extended to illegal immigrants on US soil and foreign nationals who want to come to the US.

                  Serve 10 years in Afghanistan (20 for major felons) and all sins are forgiven, you then get Pardon/citizenship in the US and a house.

                  Creating a long term "occupying force".

                  But still either situation would play hell on the Afghan people and probably set back any progress they have made.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I envision a load of ill disciplined people making matters worse with the locals. Officers getting fragged and some deserting. All in all a PR nightmare. Work great in the 19th century though...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What happens if they interbreed with the locals? That would be the stuff of nightmares. Their bad enough as it is.
                      "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Caviat: Debating the legality of this within US law is not part of the scenario. Assume that as far as the US goes it is considered legal. International law... different fish.

                        In this scenario the US government decides to "fix" their Afgan terrorist problem by 'transporting.' That is, they offer every person currently incarcerated in a US prison the opportunity to renounce their US citizenship and be transported to Afghanistan.
                        The deal is the prisoner renounces citizenship and agrees never to step foot on US soil again. He or she will get all of their personal possessions. Their immediate family is eligible to go with them (but, assuming no criminal record don't have to renounce citizenship). They must spend all US cash in their possession on material goods from US vendors. They may buy / order anything short of nuclear weapons. That means they can afford autocannon, a tank, automatic weapons, they can buy them.... whatever they want.
                        They and their possessions will then be shipped to Afghanistan where they will be dumped on the airport tarmac or pier. What they do from there other than not bother US or NATO troops is between them and the Afghanis.

                        Given the US has several million people in prison there would likely be a fairly large number of people willing to take this offer. They may be vicious mother stabers and father rapers but most of them have far more education (assuming 8th grade and can read and write) and knowledge of indoor plumbing than the average Afghani. Many would be hardened gang members.
                        I suspect in pretty short order most of the terrorism in Afghanistan would stop as the bodies start piling up. The taliban wouldn't be safe in Pakistan either as I doubt those transported would observe the niceties of international borders......

                        Given that Afghanistan has alot of natural resources and is a major source of poppies for herion I would also think these guys would more than willingly trade with international corporations for mineral rights to the property they now control.......

                        Okay, the international community would hate on the US but what's new about that.....
                        1. Right off a one-time bump in weapons sales
                        2.Put up 300,000-2.7 million people in-country. If anything happens to former US citizens: Afghans get the smackdown hard. Nothing worse than American criminals.
                        3. When drugs are legalized we can deal with form. American citizens who deal with heroin at a fair market rate.
                        Better dealing with the United States than Russia or any other country.
                        4. If there is inbreeding good. Whats the Afghan family going to do about when thousands of angry men come to your village
                        (with superior firepower)
                        5.A-stan won't cause problems for our homeland for the next several years hopefully. But Pakistan is another matter. They just spill over the border. The ex-Amerericans will deal with the Paks the same way.
                        I thought of an extra clause.
                        No child or kin can come to The United States for vacationing or residency 300 yrs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                          I envision a load of ill disciplined people making matters worse with the locals. Officers getting fragged and some deserting. All in all a PR nightmare. Work great in the 19th century though...
                          Just wait until a couple dozen Hell's Angels show up in your Afghani village....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What you are proposing is as filthy as what the Germans did on the Eastern Front.

                            You ought to be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of such a thing.
                            Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

                            That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              Just wait until a couple dozen Hell's Angels show up in your Afghani village....
                              Your average Afghan tribesman I would imagine is much more capable in regards of brutality than a biker gang...

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X