Luke keeps his targeting computer on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    Actually, I suggest you review your SW notes again. The Empire was incredibly xenophobic, and considered aliens to be sub-human. Therefore the Rebel Alliance was incredibly diverse, while the Empire was essentially 99% humans. The Empire enslaved Wookies and other species as well. So it's not so much droid rights as alien rights......
    Palpatine was very racist indeed. Thrawn being his only non human commander. But for more direct in depth forms of Sci Fi to look at the human condition and what constitiutes slavery or what is human. Philip Dick and Blade Runner is more of where one needs to go.

Comment

Ep 1, 2 and 3 were bad as anyone could make them.

In reality the whole Star Wars saga was to be a 9 part book series, George Lucas had written the middle act of the saga. They being Star Wars ANH, ESB and RotJ and filmed them, however in an interview in the mid 1980's George Lucas had intended that others would create the first and last acts.

But somewhere along the line George decided it would be up to him to write/direct and produce the first act and they being what we got.

Trivial fact, Jar Jar Binks was created by George Lucas's kids. Also paying homage to Steven Spielburg George used a bunch of ET's in a scene in the senate, about 5 ET's can be seen in one of the senate pods.

Anyway back to the story. Fact also was that Timmothy Zahn was contracted to write the books for the third act and as far as i know also to develop screneplays for the sequel movies (rumour was that Steven Spielburg was to direct the Star Wars Sequals), however George decided that the only person that could be worthy of this was George himself and Timmothy Zahn only contribution was to write the books but George insist that it is up to himself to write the screneplays and to direct the third act.

Comment

Being a big fan of Timothy Zahn, I'd rather see him do the screenplays. His books have depth and character development that was sorely lacking in 1-3. Barring that, Michael Stackpole and a handful of other authors would be my picks. Basically anyone but George Lucas at this point. Since it's 'his' proprietary universe, he's too willing and able to 'experiment', when it's wholly unnecessary.
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

I guess the one main thing that p1ssed me off no end was that George Lucas never covered the growth of both the Empire and the emergence of the Rebellion, we have this silly 20+ year gap from ep3 to ep4, that time frame should have been covered.

Just my tuppence worth.

Comment

I'm the only SW fan on the planet that thinks Zahn is a hack and couldn't finish his second book (bought it new, sent them both to Half Price Books within a week). I do not enjoy 99% of the crappy Extended Universe crap--the sole exception being stuff from the Knights of the Old Republic era.

As bad as it is sometimes, only the stuff from Episodes 1-6 counts. Lucas can pretend otherwise with this Clone Wars experiment, but he's wrong.

BUT, if Luke fails to blow up the Death Star, his importance vanishes from the scene for a while until Vader finally hunts him down and turns him to the dark side. Which should be easy at that point, since his love (ugh-sister; what's wrong with Lucas?) is dead, and thousands of people were killed because of his failure. He'll replace Vader, since that's the way the Emperor rolls.

Many more rebelling star systems fall into line, and do it quickly.

Solo and Chewy go off on their own again, until bounty hunters finally catch up with him and no one rescues him from Jabba. Lando continues to run his boring job as administrator of Cloud City until the Empire muscles him out and replaces him with one of their own lackeys. He'll fall into depression and drinking, and get himself killed in a angry game of sabaac.

The Empire controls the galaxy for a long, long time until a Sith Civil War tears it apart.

The Ewoks never enter the scene because there is no base on Endor since there is no need to replace a blown-up Death Star with a new one. Unless the second one was already planned and in construction.

A rancor will live, a wampa will not lose his arm.

Yoda will finally have to come out of retirement but can't get off his own planet. He'll become one with the Force without passing on his knowledge.

Obi-Wan's Force Ghost will wander through the galaxy, searching in vain for a "new hope". He'll visit Luke on occassion, confusing and irritating the new Sith Lord to the point that he confronts the Emperor, who is then forced to put the smackdown on his new apprentice. Luke will fall into line, since he's overrated as a Jedi and would be more so as a Sith Lord (the prequels proved, at least, the Luke wasn't even a fly on a real Jedi's ass). He's not a whiney momma's boy like his father, but he won't have much of a will of his own because of his own self-loathing.

Obi-wan will finally dissapate. The rebellion will dwindle and evaporate (Mon Motha will still talk the talk, but her power and drive ends at the tip of her hand if Luke and the original heroes aren't on her side propping up her pathetic rebellion). I'm sure new rebellions will spring up on occassion, but will be stamped out.

All because Luke didn't turn off his targeting computer and use the Force.

The lesson of this story is: ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD AND OBEY!

New thought: what will the Star Wars remake be like down the road in the future once Lucas is gone?
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
              I'm the only SW fan on the planet that thinks Zahn is a hack and couldn't finish his second book (bought it new, sent them both to Half Price Books within a week). I do not enjoy 99% of the crappy Extended Universe crap--the sole exception being stuff from the Knights of the Old Republic era.

As bad as it is sometimes, only the stuff from Episodes 1-6 counts. Lucas can pretend otherwise with this Clone Wars experiment, but he's wrong.

BUT, if Luke fails to blow up the Death Star, his importance vanishes from the scene for a while until Vader finally hunts him down and turns him to the dark side. Which should be easy at that point, since his love (ugh-sister; what's wrong with Lucas?) is dead, and thousands of people were killed because of his failure. He'll replace Vader, since that's the way the Emperor rolls.

Many more rebelling star systems fall into line, and do it quickly.

Solo and Chewy go off on their own again, until bounty hunters finally catch up with him and no one rescues him from Jabba. Lando continues to run his boring job as administrator of Cloud City until the Empire muscles him out and replaces him with one of their own lackeys. He'll fall into depression and drinking, and get himself killed in a angry game of sabaac.

The Empire controls the galaxy for a long, long time until a Sith Civil War tears it apart.

The Ewoks never enter the scene because there is no base on Endor since there is no need to replace a blown-up Death Star with a new one. Unless the second one was already planned and in construction.

A rancor will live, a wampa will not lose his arm.

Yoda will finally have to come out of retirement but can't get off his own planet. He'll become one with the Force without passing on his knowledge.

Obi-Wan's Force Ghost will wander through the galaxy, searching in vain for a "new hope". He'll visit Luke on occassion, confusing and irritating the new Sith Lord to the point that he confronts the Emperor, who is then forced to put the smackdown on his new apprentice. Luke will fall into line, since he's overrated as a Jedi and would be more so as a Sith Lord (the prequels proved, at least, the Luke wasn't even a fly on a real Jedi's ass). He's not a whiney momma's boy like his father, but he won't have much of a will of his own because of his own self-loathing.

Obi-wan will finally dissapate. The rebellion will dwindle and evaporate (Mon Motha will still talk the talk, but her power and drive ends at the tip of her hand if Luke and the original heroes aren't on her side propping up her pathetic rebellion). I'm sure new rebellions will spring up on occassion, but will be stamped out.

All because Luke didn't turn off his targeting computer and use the Force.

The lesson of this story is: ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD AND OBEY!

New thought: what will the Star Wars remake be like down the road in the future once Lucas is gone?
              Not much else to say there, you seem to have covered all the angles (unless of course the Predators or Alien's pop up in Empire space. What then?!)
              HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody67 View Post
                Not much else to say there, you seem to have covered all the angles (unless of course the Predators or Alien's pop up in Empire space. What then?!)
                En masse? Probably be destroyed by an Imperial Fleet supported by an ENTIRE and LOYAL galaxy of recruits, supplies and logistics.

Sure, the Predators will have success on small scales hunting small groups of Imperial soldiers on jungle planets and such. But Imperial technology and the Force will overcome the stealth capabilities of these hunters and they will be the hunted instead. They'll have to move on to weaker prey (such as non-combatants) or leave the galaxy. One Predator is an equal match for the average force-using, lightsaber-wielding Dark Side warrior. They are no match for one of those with several Imperial squads in support. Or a stronger one by himself.

Aliens, on the other hand, would have more success on a larger scale, but no more than a planet here and there. Once the threat was realized, the infested planets could be quarantined and a Death Star or two used to blow them back to their own sci-fi universe. Acid blood will probably not be as effective against Imperial building materials in a borderline Type I/II space-faring civilization. And Imperial citizens would not be as panic-prone to an alien menace that uses host bodies to grow their young, especially in the face of the other monstrous alien creatures already residing in their galaxy.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X