No announcement yet.

Luke keeps his targeting computer on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke keeps his targeting computer on...

The Death Star takes up orbit over Yavin IV and the rebels take up the challenge but fail to to hit the exhaust port and the Empire turns the rebel base into space dust......

What happens next (apart from Carrie Fisher not getting a part in episode V and episode IV's sub title getting a name change)?
    HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Chewbacca finally coughs up that furball and is voiced in episode V by Anthony Hopkins. As such becomes the main star of episodes V & VI as the Ewoks worship him as a god. Han Solo is written out by a plot device (eaten by Jabba the Hutt!) and Luke Skywalker, having used the force to smash C3P0 in frustration, turns to the dark side. The series is a dismal failure at the box office, the consolation being we never have to endure the horror that was 'Episode 1'
    Signing out.

Comment

I personally thought it couldn't get worse that Episode 1. Then I saw Ewan Mcgregors hair in number 2 and oooh no.

Then episode 3? Growing up with Darth Vader Evil Lord of our childhoods. Awesomeness Then.. Ok This guy turns to the Dark Side and murders 5 year olds in cold blood because of wait for it....because he had a bad dream! What?

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
        I personally thought it couldn't get worse that Episode 1. Then I saw Ewan Mcgregors hair in number 2 and oooh no.

Then episode 3? Growing up with Darth Vader Evil Lord of our childhoods. Awesomeness Then.. Ok This guy turns to the Dark Side and murders 5 year olds in cold blood because of wait for it....because he had a bad dream! What?
        Exactly - the little bleeder needed a clip around the ear and not some wishy washy Yoda speak.

I thought this might also make you all smile - I always thought Ben Kenobi had a 'Darker' side.

HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

The Rebel Alliance is forced to design proper warships instead of puny fighters to carry the battle to the Empire:

Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics.

Comment

I've always wondered why the Death Star just didn't blow up Yavin 4 to clear the path to the moon.

Comment

A philisophical question. If little Skywalker gets wacked in the race in Episode I, then do all the other episodes vanish from our universe

Comment

No, because episodes 1, 2 and 3 are Alternate Beginnings of the Star Wars universe as laid out in the original trilogy. We are all just waiting for Lucas to stop with the testing and make the real movies
                Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics.

Comment

Actually I'm waiting for Timothy Zahn to write the screenplays and the next trilogy come out with Grand Admiral Thrawn running the empire. Such a better villain than Dooku or Grievous.
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                    Actually I'm waiting for Timothy Zahn to write the screenplays and the next trilogy come out with Grand Admiral Thrawn running the empire. Such a better villain than Dooku or Grievous.
                    I think you'll be waiting a long time I'm afraid. They're looking at a TV series I believe. Heir to the Empire was a good book. I do believe that Shadows of the Empire was seriously looked into as a film in the mid 90's....
                    Last edited by copenhagen; 07 Apr 12, 14:16.

Comment

Until Episode 3 was such a royal -up, I was holding out for at least one good naval battle. In the original trilogy the tech really wasn't there to do a good naval fight with tactics being used and the big ships really slugging it out. With CGI I was hoping for a good naval battle with warships beating on each other rather than just a fighter-only cluster. I was sadly disappointed....it was just a slugging match without any of the finer tactics used by such greats as Thrawn and Bel Iblis.
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Schwamberg View Post
                        A philisophical question. If little Skywalker gets wacked in the race in Episode I, then do all the other episodes vanish from our universe
                        If Jar Jar Binks got whacked 10 seconds before he was due on screen (or at least his animator) would anyone care?
                        Signing out.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          Until Episode 3 was such a royal -up, I was holding out for at least one good naval battle. In the original trilogy the tech really wasn't there to do a good naval fight with tactics being used and the big ships really slugging it out. With CGI I was hoping for a good naval battle with warships beating on each other rather than just a fighter-only cluster. I was sadly disappointed....it was just a slugging match without any of the finer tactics used by such greats as Thrawn and Bel Iblis.
                          To be honest I thought the model space battles of the original trilogies looked more authentic than the CGI stuff that came later. To be honest Episode 3 had one of the only two scenes in the trology; the Darth Maul fight in episode 1 that was what I thought was really star wars and the Mustafar fight at the end of 3. Two was a computer game.

They just lost the soul of it for me. Went from "luminous beings are we not this crude matter, you must feel the force around you" to midichlorians. Midichlorians? What the frack!

Comment

Originally posted by Full Monty View Post
                            If Jar Jar Binks got whacked 10 seconds before he was due on screen (or at least his animator) would anyone care?
                            Jar Jar Binks is the pivotal character in the whole series. Its him that lets loose Palpantine into power. And here lies the problem with them. In the end I'm like go on the Sith these idiots deserve it. Here is a world that elects a 16 year old girl as its queen to be succeeded in the Senate by a rastafarian dullard. The Jedi are can sesne the dark side all the time but they cant spot this old guys down the corridor causing havoc. Anakin is just an arrohgant little turd who get s what he deserves. I know they're fantasy films but they had no one in it I'd want to route for. Empire was the best because it had a plot and people in it you cared about that went with visual effects. This just had effects. Bantha Poodoo!!

Oh God I'm such a nerd. "The whole universe was in a hot dense state and then fourteen billion years...."

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                              Jar Jar Binks is the pivotal character in the whole series. Its him that lets loose Palpantine into power. ...
                              Bah, that whole senate was overflowing with usefull idiots. If not Jar Jar then that doofus in the third row on the left, or five others within ten seats. No matter how you cut it a clown gets character development & Palatine gets his chump.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X