Invading Maine- 2nd Canadian Division & 4th British Army HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invading Maine- 2nd Canadian Division & 4th British Army HQ

Here you fellers can read about the events leading up to your foes demise, and an OOB will be posted soon.
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

I for one am of the opinion that we need to press our advantage while we have it: Smash their initial defenses while our superiority is certain, and basically push them back across the map, and a few turns later, we dig in, having made significant territorial gains.

As it seems that dashy insinuated that we will have the upper hand initially, and eventually the yankees will come back better, but if we dig in with a solid, consolidated force- perhaps capture the nearest town or something, we have a decent chance of winning this thing.

That depends on the map of course.
    Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
    ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Also, who takes the Canucks, and who the Brits?
      ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Coin=flipped. Apparently I take the Brits.
        Diadochi Rising Wargame:
        King Pairisades I of the Bosporan Kingdom

Comment

Here's what you fellers get to play with.

The canadians have only a brigade on the field, they are spread pretty thinly so thats all that was on set, as it were, however Arty is plentiful, with the canucks packing divisional stregnth arty.

The Poms have a "Compsite" Division, the so called "5th Expeditionary Division" two brigades of regular conscripts, long with two "Heavy Weapon" Battalions and a Brigade of Scots.

you also have three groups of armored cars, a mixture of Seabrooks and Landchesters. the Seabrooks will be arriving later, but the Lanchesters are on scence, fast and relaible they should be useful.
          Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Over to you, oh great coin flipper, sah, but perhaps you would consider doing this by means of division: One of us take Planes and arty, the other take Troops and Cars?
            ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

assuming there are planes?
              ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Or we could try running it via committee. We'll need both our brains if we're to hope to beat Tac.

Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration, but it sounds better than "I have no idea how we should divide forces".
                Last edited by Anacreon; 23 Nov 11, 05:13.
                Diadochi Rising Wargame:

Comment

Lol, yeah, you're right.

Tac is relatively traditionalstic insofar as land based tactics go... well, he was in the WWI wargame as far as our fighting over Martinique went...

But yeah, lets wait till we get a proper map and OOB before we talk turkey.
                  ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Just a word of warning guys. My brother lives im Maine and they guys up there are pretty tuff . So I would think twice about messing with them if I were you.

Comment

They may be tough, but are they tough enough to face what's coming?
                      Diadochi Rising Wargame:

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
                        I for one am of the opinion that we need to press our advantage while we have it: Smash their initial defenses while our superiority is certain, and basically push them back across the map, and a few turns later, we dig in, having made significant territorial gains.

As it seems that dashy insinuated that we will have the upper hand initially, and eventually the yankees will come back better, but if we dig in with a solid, consolidated force- perhaps capture the nearest town or something, we have a decent chance of winning this thing.

That depends on the map of course.
                        What's the timeline here? If you're talking the Civil War to the Spanish-American War, keep in mind that Fort Knox, covers the Penobscot river below the town of Prospect, Maine and is pretty respectably armed with at least two batteries of Rodman guns and other artillery facing the river, along with hot shot furnaces and a fair sized garrison.
                        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                          What's the timeline here? If you're talking the Civil War to the Spanish-American War, keep in mind that Fort Knox, covers the Penobscot river below the town of Prospect, Maine and is pretty respectably armed with at least two batteries of Rodman guns and other artillery facing the river, along with hot shot furnaces and a fair sized garrison.
                          It WW1.
                          A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Dashy's laptop has self destructed... so I don't know what this means for this wargame.
                            ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X