2042, The Third World War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hairog View Post
    It might degenerate into China Inc. against US, Europe, Russia Inc. The opening attack would be China shutting down everyone else’s computers and anything that has integrated circuits in it made in China. You know they are building back doors into every chip that comes out of their factories just like we would if we made any chips, which of course we don't.

We would be helpless as would anyone who wasn't on China's side. Our fly-by-wire planes would not fly. Our radar would cease to function. Every weapons system besides the knife would be rendered useless.

They could do whatever they wanted and take whatever they wanted. My initial thought would be that they would just make us a subservient state and exploit out natural recourses like the US and Europe have done the last few centuries to many other nations. A kind of reverse imperialism.

I really don't think that anyone in their right mind would really want to occupy and run the whole world just take what they want and prevent anyone else from fighting back. So they would just let us wither away while they exploited our natural resources. Basically the roles would be reversed with the Chinese gaining a real middle class as the rest of the First World slides into poverty and prevented from making its own integrated chips by force of arms.

Letting the richest 1% control the manufacturing of all of the integrated chips and then in turn outsourcing it to a hostile dictatorship will be seen as the height of idiocy. History will remember us for the fools we are.
    Everyone always claims WWIII will be China, Russia, and the USA...yet there is no evidence to back this up
    "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Love your neighbor...

Let's be nice, eh?
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Speculation of course. Every chip in every computer and weapons system in the US arsenal is made by Chinese firms.They have already allowed the North Koreans to launch a cyber attack on the US from one of their territories that could get into the internet.

If I made every chip in my potential enemies arsenal I would put in a back door. A way to shut down their weapons in a potential conflict with them. The fact that we have allowed the 1% to put us into this position is our fault not theirs or even the Chinese. I'm 100% sure that we would have done the same thing. Only we aren't in position to do it and they are.
        It works both ways you know.

The US will have protocols to effect shutdown of the Chinese as well.

Comment

Debate the topic; not the poster. - ACG STAFF.
          Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
            It works both ways you know.

The US will have protocols to effect shutdown of the Chinese as well.
            Exactly my point. Who makes all the computer chips in all of our weapons systems? Which side has not one chip manufacturing facility in it's borders. Which side makes all their own chips?

As I said we would be stupid if we did not attempt to put some kind of back door into their chips but we don't make any chips. Which is doubly stupid.

Bring the chips back ... we want American made chips.
            www.wwiii1946.blogspot.com
            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Comment

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
              Everyone always claims WWIII will be China, Russia, and the USA...yet there is no evidence to back this up
              Hopefully there will be no more world wars.

The original poster set up the conflict not me.

Comment

Exactly my point. Who makes all the computer chips in all of our weapons systems? Which side has not one chip manufacturing facility in it's borders. Which side makes all their own chips?

As I said we would be stupid if we did not attempt to put some kind of back door into their chips but we don't make any chips. Which is doubly stupid.

Bring the chips back ... we want American made chips.
                Actually all computer chips that are part of the intergrated defense sytems within the US DoD are made in the USA by US companies.

No USA DoD computer systems run with Chinese made chips.

Comment

Hopefully there will be no more world wars.

The original poster set up the conflict not me.
                  Oh I realize and it's not just him, but this view is widespread, but in my opinion it's woefully inaccurate.
                  "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
                    Actually all computer chips that are part of the intergrated defense sytems within the US DoD are made in the USA by US companies.

No USA DoD computer systems run with Chinese made chips.
                    Good I hope your right. I get into some pretty secure government buildings and have access to ... stuff and that is not the case from what I see. So I hope you are correct.

What are the companies and that is very good news. Thanks Roddoss you have made my day. I'm very glad I'm wrong.

Comment

Assuming that things continue until then, as they do now, there would be no need for a "war", and whatever international disputes that arise will be fought over in a matter of seconds without the use of bombs, bullets, missiles or cyber-warfare. In this scenario, China owns everyone else, and anyone making noise about anything will be given the verbal threat of having it's debt called in. The mere threat of this would have every nation realizing that it is no longer affordable to gas up it's armies, let alone feed them.
                      You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
                        Assuming that things continue until then, as they do now, there would be no need for a "war", and whatever international disputes that arise will be fought over in a matter of seconds without the use of bombs, bullets, missiles or cyber-warfare. In this scenario, China owns everyone else, and anyone making noise about anything will be given the verbal threat of having it's debt called in. The mere threat of this would have every nation realizing that it is no longer affordable to gas up it's armies, let alone feed them.
                        Debt is just a concept and nothing real. If we went to war with say China I don't think we would honor our debt to them. We would also confiscate everything within our reach as far a natural resources etc.

Comment

Debt is just a concept and nothing real. If we went to war with say China I don't think we would honor our debt to them. We would also confiscate everything within our reach as far a natural resources etc.
                          Really?? If for the sake of arguement, we are implicating China as the instigator, I ask that you look at the state of the world today. Are we at war with China currently? No? Does the US continue to give China Favored Trading status? Yes. There is no hint of war at present. Now, without warning, tomorrow December 8th 2011, China calls in it's debts.......

What do you think happens to the world markets on the 9th, the US included? There is nothing hunky-dory about it, and the crash of '29 suddenly seems like a blissful picnic of bygone years. So much for conducting a war, no one could afford it. On the other hand, reneging on a debt could be an excuse for a country to go to war.
                          You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
                            Really?? If for the sake of arguement, we are implicating China as the instigator, I ask that you look at the state of the world today. Are we at war with China currently? No? Does the US continue to give China Favored Trading status? Yes. There is no hint of war at present. Now, without warning, tomorrow December 8th 2011, China calls in it's debts.......

What do you think happens to the world markets on the 9th, the US included? There is nothing hunky-dory about it, and the crash of '29 suddenly seems like a blissful picnic of bygone years. So much for conducting a war, no one could afford it. On the other hand, reneging on a debt could be an excuse for a country to go to war.
                            Do you really think we would honor a debt to a country that we are at war with. What exactly would they take? A concept of debt? Nothing of real value. Money is an abstract concept. If the parties involved think its worth nothing than it is worth nothing.

I did not propose that we would renege first but if somehow we found ourselves at war with our biggest debtor I'm willing to bet that the books would be wiped clean in 10 minutes.

If we have 100 F-22s and 15 aircraft carriers etc. and they say we're at war and your broke ... we still have 100 F-22 and 15 aircraft carriers and we probably win. Nigeria won't sell us their oil so we probably take it etc. With money being just an abstract thought it's material wealth that matters. Who's got the most and best tanks, planes and ships etc. at the time of the conflict. Might makes right as it were.

I'm not advocating anything of this happening of course I'm just pointing out that debt is no big deal when it comes to fighting a war. The US was 125% of our national debt in the red at the end of WWII and we went on to have the best 35 years ever.

In fact many say it got us out of the Great Depression. For 7000 years the worlds economies have run on demand. The only way to create demand is to pay people so they have money to spend on stuff. Contrary to some it does not work the other way around and it doesn't matter how cheap stuff is if no one has money to spend. Demand always comes first and demand comes when people have money to spend.

And the best thing to spend money on is infrastructure that in the long run provides more bang for the buck than anything...even war. Its the gift that keeps on giving for generations. like the interstate highway system, Hoover Dam, the TVA, even the space program. If you spend you money on something that provides more than you spend in economic activity you win.

Ask yourself this. This last recession we lost over a trillion dollars in wealth...where did it go? Did someone gain a trillion dollars? The answer is no. It never existed it was all an abstract concept.

If China called in all it's chips tomorrow what would they get? Do you think we would hand over our F-22s and aircraft carriers to pay off the debt? They would get absolutely nothing and of course they know this.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X