2042, The Third World War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2042, The Third World War

Ok, So over the next few years, things get pretty hot, China insults America, America Insults China etc etc etc, but things stay on the down low because no-one wants a nuclear war, then some bright spark peace lover invesnts a mechanism that disables overtly harmful radiation and radioactive substances, things like household microwaves and smoke alarms are fine, but nuclear reactors and bombs become literal lead.

Oil Products are running low, and the best alternative just became useless.

How do the cards fall? (assuming the political ties are similar to now)
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

What war, there would be no war 'cause some peacenik weirdo fiddled with laws of universe and shutdown the sun and all are dead

Even if said inventions effects were pure local, they would be quite "interesting", considering that nuclear reactions usually involve strong nuclear force, same force which keep nucleuses of every atom intact...

Comment

So, no nukes?
      No reason not to have the war that will clear the air once and for all ... again.

Look for about 40 wars to go hot all at once, and merge into the really BIG one. China ends up with Eurasia, and faces a long downhill slide trying to keep a lid on all of that while trying to build up the average Chinese up to the point where he can live like a Human Being for the first time.

2042?
      I dunno, 30 years from now we could all be dust or have a 2nd sun out there.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Try 2012 The Third World War:

Israel initiates pre-emptive strike on Iran. Plan fails as Israel fails to knock out Iran's nuclear facilities. Israeli troops face fierce resistance and severe retaliation attacks. Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and Syria join Iran against Israel. In order to try to keep the peace in the Middle East, the United States (along with most of the UN) will enter the war on the side of Israel, alienating the Middle East. Before you know it, a couple of nukes go off...
        "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

oh jolly good, so....who won that little exchange then....the cockaroaches..???

Comment

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
            Try 2012 The Third World War:

Israel initiates pre-emptive strike on Iran. Plan fails as Israel fails to knock out Iran's nuclear facilities. Israeli troops face fierce resistance and severe retaliation attacks. Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and Syria join Iran against Israel. In order to try to keep the peace in the Middle East, the United States (along with most of the UN) will enter the war on the side of Israel, alienating the Middle East. Before you know it, a couple of nukes go off...
            Why would Saudi Arabia and Turkey do that? Saudi Arabia is not friendly with Iran, and Turkey wouldn't act without the support of NATO, wouldn't they? Or at least they wouldn't act to defend Iran without some sort of ulterior motive.

I'm sure Syria is looking for any excuse. Where's Egypt and Jordan?

Also...Pakistan? Was that country randomly picked? How could that country conduct a war against Israel at that distance, and why would they bother and leave themselves undefended against India?

And wouldn't most of the UN side against Israel, as they have done in the past when Israel acts in its best interests? The US would step up to help, as would Britain and some other sane countries, but as for the rest of the UN, the inmates run that prison.

And who is going to use nukes against Israel that doesn't fear retaliation?
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Here is an angle.

Tensions between Israel and Iran boil over. Israel indicates to the USA that it will use nuclear weapons on Iran.

So Israel fires several nuclear missiles, however there has been a grevious mistake, the information that was programmed into the missiles was incorrect and they fall way short into Iraq. Israel informs the USA that it will again launch nuclear missiles into Iran.

By this stage, Russia, China and Pakistan announce that they will not sit by as an ally is targeted and announce that if Israel launches nuclear weapons against Iran they will respond in kind.

The USA fearing that Israel is a rogue state, decides to end the debate once and for all.

An hour before the Israelis are to launch a second nuclear stike, nuclear missile from several USN nuclear subs are launched. Israel is overjoyed at the Americans involvement.

Israel's enjoyment turns into absolute terror as it realises that those nukes are heading their way. Israel does not have the time to respond and within minutes Israel is reduced to ashes.

The USA had no choice but to sacrifice Israel to prevent a Third World War.

Comment

Oh hell no! That's a pretty wild scenario!

I hope you were just joking. Obama and his type might sacrifice Israel if given the oppurtunity, but I don't think I would ever do it, or any sane American.

Now the UN jumps on the USA and declares us a rogue state.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                  Why would Saudi Arabia and Turkey do that? Saudi Arabia is not friendly with Iran, and Turkey wouldn't act without the support of NATO, wouldn't they? Or at least they wouldn't act to defend Iran without some sort of ulterior motive.

I'm sure Syria is looking for any excuse. Where's Egypt and Jordan?

Also...Pakistan? Was that country randomly picked? How could that country conduct a war against Israel at that distance, and why would they bother and leave themselves undefended against India?

And wouldn't most of the UN side against Israel, as they have done in the past when Israel acts in its best interests? The US would step up to help, as would Britain and some other sane countries, but as for the rest of the UN, the inmates run that prison.

And who is going to use nukes against Israel that doesn't fear retaliation?
                  Egypt has their own problems and the King of Jordan is actually fairly pro-western.

Yes, thy may not be direct allies with Iran, but they hate Israel far more than they do Iran.
                  "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
                    Egypt has their own problems and the King of Jordan is actually fairly pro-western.

Yes, thy may not be direct allies with Iran, but they hate Israel far more than they do Iran.
                    WikiLeaks indicated the exact opposite of that.
                    Given the recent Iranian plot to assassinate the Saudi Ambassador in Washington D.C. in a bomb blast that would have killed about 100 other people as well, it should be easy to see why.
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                      WikiLeaks indicated the exact opposite of that.
                      Given the recent Iranian plot to assassinate the Saudi Ambassador in Washington D.C. in a bomb blast that would have killed about 100 other people as well, it should be easy to see why.
                      I remember in the past, during the first Gulf War, that one Saudi commander was quoted saying that he would let anyone fly in his airspace to help against Iraq (during the scuds attacks), in referring to Israel. (I could be off with the quote, but that sticks in my mind after all these years).

Of course, that was a long time ago, but it kinda indicates that some Saudis know where to correctly point their angst when its important.

Saudi Arabia wouldn't side with Iran against Israel. They wouldn't side with Israel against Iran, yet, though acts like what Exorcist brought up don't help Iran's position.

And yes, there were Saudis that are terrorists, and call for the downfall of Israel, and the US, and blah blah blah Allah this Allah that. Just because I'm defending Saudi Arabia at the moment doesn't mean that they will get a free pass when its time to pay the piper.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                        I remember in the past, during the first Gulf War, that one Saudi commander was quoted saying that he would let anyone fly in his airspace to help against Iraq (during the scuds attacks), in referring to Israel. (I could be off with the quote, but that sticks in my mind after all these years).

Of course, that was a long time ago, but it kinda indicates that some Saudis know where to correctly point their angst when its important.

Saudi Arabia wouldn't side with Iran against Israel. They wouldn't side with Israel against Iran, yet, though acts like what Exorcist brought up don't help Iran's position.

And yes, there were Saudis that are terrorists, and call for the downfall of Israel, and the US, and blah blah blah Allah this Allah that. Just because I'm defending Saudi Arabia at the moment doesn't mean that they will get a free pass when its time to pay the piper.
                        Are you kidding, the Arab League said they would participate only on the condition that Israel played no part. If Israel had participated then the Arab League would have pulled out and deny the Coalition valuable airspace.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
                          Are you kidding, the Arab League said they would participate only on the condition that Israel played no part. If Israel had participated then the Arab League would have pulled out and deny the Coalition valuable airspace.
                          Yes but I didn't say the Arab League, I said a commander on the ground. Big difference.

And they would not have denied the Coalition valuable airspace, that was just bluster on their part. They would have denied Israel airspace, certainly.

Comment

I agree, that was a lot of pandering. Considering the state of their air defenses in 91, the Arab League could have simply been ignored had they 'denied' air space.
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

It might degenerate into China Inc. against US, Europe, Russia Inc. The opening attack would be China shutting down everyone else’s computers and anything that has integrated circuits in it made in China. You know they are building back doors into every chip that comes out of their factories just like we would if we made any chips, which of course we don't.

We would be helpless as would anyone who wasn't on China's side. Our fly-by-wire planes would not fly. Our radar would cease to function. Every weapons system besides the knife would be rendered useless.

They could do whatever they wanted and take whatever they wanted. My initial thought would be that they would just make us a subservient state and exploit out natural recourses like the US and Europe have done the last few centuries to many other nations. A kind of reverse imperialism.

I really don't think that anyone in their right mind would really want to occupy and run the whole world just take what they want and prevent anyone else from fighting back. So they would just let us wither away while they exploited our natural resources. Basically the roles would be reversed with the Chinese gaining a real middle class as the rest of the First World slides into poverty and prevented from making its own integrated chips by force of arms.

Letting the richest 1% control the manufacturing of all of the integrated chips and then in turn outsourcing it to a hostile dictatorship will be seen as the height of idiocy. History will remember us for the fools we are.
                              www.wwiii1946.blogspot.com
                              http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X