This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is WWIII in 1946 a Sound Theory?

This is in no way a flame-bait towards the author of now two threads about a theory towards Soviet attack by incredible technical superiority in 1946. This is a response to a statement made by same that his theory is valid and widely supported.

The rules are simple: There are 4 options. 2 extremes, and 2 moderates on both up and down. Vote once, your vote is sealed.
    Absolutely. It is sound in all respects.
    0.00%
    It has some problems but the merits outweigh them.
    14.55%
    It has some merits, but the problems outweigh them.
    32.73%
    It is unworkable, even with significant help.
    52.73%

The poll is expired.

Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

So far, the results are not looking good for a certain budding author.

Comment

I've said it countless times since I actually learned some history.

No-one, not a single diehard member, of the Red Army or the USSR wanted to Invade or otherwise harm those to the west.

Thye had just lost ~25 million men women and children fighting off the largest suprise attack in history.

The only way there would be a WW3 in 1946 is if Patton had gotten his way somehow, and even then, the Allies would get a serious taste of what the whermacht swallowed wholesale.
      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

No doubt the Soviets could launch an invasion but it will end in tears.

The Soviets don't have Sergi in real life, can't compress 10 years of development into 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
          No doubt the Soviets could launch an invasion but it will end in tears.
          Not to mention the utter and complete destruction of the Soviet Union and tens of millions of additional Russian KIA through tactical, strategic and atomic bombing. Following Stalin's "Stab in the Back" attack on the Anglo-American Allies, I'm afraid SAC General Curtiss LeMay would insist upon it.
          "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
            Agreed, not looking good at all
            "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
              "Fairy-tale history" rarely does well on the market, unless is is well researched and does not ignore the known historical facts of the day. One only need view the actions of another author on this site who attempted to sell his hypothetical, alternate history book to a publisher. Once the book had been reviewed and rejected by historians, the publisher too rejected the book, leaving the author to publish it himself.
              "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Somewhere at the back of my desk drawer at work, is an "alternative" history book about the gallant lads of the Red Army fighting off German vampires in World War Two.

If that could make it into a comic why shouldn't this? lets face it half the people who read it wouldn't know a tiger tank from a hole in the ground.
                "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                  I've said it countless times since I actually learned some history.

No-one, not a single diehard member, of the Red Army or the USSR wanted to Invade or otherwise harm those to the west.

Thye had just lost ~25 million men women and children fighting off the largest suprise attack in history.

The only way there would be a WW3 in 1946 is if Patton had gotten his way somehow, and even then, the Allies would get a serious taste of what the whermacht swallowed wholesale.
                  Pro self contradiction Dashy.

So the USSR just lost 25 million people but they are still going to give the allies the same kind of ass kicking they gave Germany.

Just think about that for a second Dashy. Ignore the fact that several other members and myself completely destroyed any arguments that you or anyone else had regarding the USSR's capability of defeating the West Allies right after WWII. And you know what thread I'm talking about.

Just ignore that, and think about what you just said.

If you think feel the same way, then I have no idea what to say to you.
                  A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                    Pro self contradiction Dashy.

So the USSR just lost 25 million people but they are still going to give the allies the same kind of ass kicking they gave Germany.

Just think about that for a second Dashy. Ignore the fact that several other members and myself completely destroyed any arguments that you or anyone else had regarding the USSR's capability of defeating the West Allies right after WWII. And you know what thread I'm talking about.

Just ignore that, and think about what you just said.

If you think feel the same way, then I have no idea what to say to you.

Quite Amazingly, the red Army that comprehensivly destroyed 3 million axis soilders, and in the last month of the war obliterated 1'500 AFV's and ~700'000 German "Ubersoldarten" (wether by surrender or killing) was still standing at the end of World War 2.

Certainly, had the allies attacked they would have won eventually, but the Red Army would have put up a better fight than the Russians the Allies faced on D-Day. At this stage the Red Army excels at fighting a foe with technical and air superioity, while the Allies have no practical knowlege of how to deal with Russian tactics.

Hence why I stated the Allies would get a "Taste" of what the Germans got dealt out.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
                      Somewhere at the back of my desk drawer at work, is an "alternative" history book about the gallant lads of the Red Army fighting off German vampires in World War Two.

If that could make it into a comic why shouldn't this? lets face it half the people who read it wouldn't know a tiger tank from a hole in the ground.
                      Oh good, well at least the vampire book is relevant to the season
                      "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

that pink line is getting awefully long now isnt it..!!???

Comment

Try getting your facts straight before you vote

I would ask that anyone that votes actually look at the scenario. It's fairly obvious that some of you have not.

The attack would not come right after the war but a full 6 months after. The US and British forces were down to the equivalent of 11 division full of untrained, under equipped, ill lead, green troops.

I have never said that Soviets would win the whole ball game only the first few innings. What happened after that has not been revealed. Please study the "surprise attack". It has a very good record of succeeding. Would it have been a surprise? Yes it would have for many reasons including the fact that the Soviets had 60 fully equipped battle hardened divisions along with 6000 combat aircraft stationed on or near the West German border.

It is all based on the scenario that the JCS based their war plans on throughout the late 1940s. Not one study or plan even considered that the forces available on the continent could last more than 6 weeks. If anything the fact that I have the Soviets being stopped after 6 weeks on the Pyrenees Line might be considered an error.

There was no credible attempt by the allies to peer into the Soviet Union before the Spring of 1946. We were totally blind as to what was happening inside the USSR. Surprise would have been total and complete.

This has all been discussed in much depth before.

There is only one weapons system that the Soviets are more advanced than the West and that is a SAM system based on an already German invented system that was within weeks of becoming operational that many experts thought would put a halt to the US bombing effort.

The missile worked, could reach the needed altitude, was capable of being guided and was tested successfully a dozen or so times. Mated with an already existing guidance system I have it failing over 90% of the time. Not unreasonable I would argue.

Combined with the historical spy network and mated with an American invented guidance system this crude SAM could have worked for a while if the Soviets knew where the raids were going to occur and when.

There was no neutron bomb, no death rays, no flying rocket belted infantry, no vampires, not even a flying wing. The only other addition is Sergo. Why is it so impossible for some of you to imagine a Soviet Henry Ford or Boeing. The idea that there could not be one is preposterous on its face. All he needs is the backing of an absolute dictator and what I've proposed is very possible.

Of course there was no Sergi. What a stupid statement. This is alternate history not history.

The US has only 6 atomic bombs in May 1946. This is a fact. By having the already existing and real spy release the world’s supply of polonium and contaminate and kill thousands gives the Soviets another 6 months before the atomic bomb is a threat again. This real life spy had access to the world supply of polonium which was critical to the Mark III atomic bomb. Those are facts.

I would suggest that before you presume to comment you should at least have a working knowledge of both history and my little tale. Some of you have demonstrated that you have neither.
                          www.wwiii1946.blogspot.com
                          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Comment

While the whole idea of taking on the whole West just to leave yourself open to bombings by the British and Ameican air force from the "unsinkable carrier" is sort of odd, you have to give the author some slack.

Unlike countless zillions of Wehrmacht fanboys (some of whom have just posted in this thread), who have put forth much more incredible scenarios, he has at least come up with something more original than the usual "Hitler with death rays".
                            www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

But It's Russians

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X