Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffdoorgunnr
    replied
    I had the same trouble finding Can Tho army airfield in Vietnam...……...

Leave a comment:

• F4UCorsair
    replied
    Thank you, Artryom A. Quite frustrating to find a location referenced in the relevant works and then be unable to locate it on a map.

Leave a comment:

• Artyom_A
    replied
    What is the question exactly? Why the hotel standing on the shore of the Baltic Sea has the word "Baltic" in its name?

Leave a comment:

• marktwain
    replied
    Originally posted by Artyom_A View Post
    That's just a hotel name. Pribaltiyskaya (or, translating it from Russian, Baltic) naval base was formed according to the order of 21.06.41 and was to be composed of the ports of Libava (Liepaja) Vindava (Ventspils) and the Gulf of Riga.
    perhaps THE hotel WAS A, UHHH, sailor's RESORT OF - SORTS...

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    I didn't edit it, I just replied to the relevant part.
    I still don't understand why you needed to cut short my sentence ? That specifically means you edited it.
    It's not important in this thread, but such editing could be important elsewhere.

That said, thank you for the information you provided .

Leave a comment:

• Artyom_A
    replied
    I didn't edit it, I just replied to the relevant part.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    That's just a hotel name. Pribaltiyskaya (or, translating it from Russian, Baltic) naval base was formed according to the order of 21.06.41 and was to be composed of the ports of Libava (Liepaja) Vindava (Ventspils) and the Gulf of Riga.
    Why you felt the need to edit my post to miss out the rest of my sentence, I don't know?
    thus I'm guessing Leningrad .
    However, it is good manners to state you have edited a post .

Leave a comment:

• Artyom_A
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    I did find a hotel in St Petersburg which had Pribaltyiskaya as part of its email address

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    St. Petersburg is what I got from Google Earth Pro, too.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by F4UCorsair View Post
    Hello folks, been off the forum forever. Life gets in the way of one deeper interests.
    Can anyone tell me where Pribaltyiskaya Naval Base is located? It is referenced in regard to the Baltic Fleets pull back in the face of Barbarossa, but I can't find a modern name/location attached to it.
    Since you gave me my first ever Rep on this forum, I went looking for you .

After Barbarossa only Leningrad and Kronstadt naval bases remained in Soviet hands. I did find a hotel in St Petersburg which had Pribaltyiskaya as part of its email address, thus I'm guessing Leningrad .

Leave a comment:

• F4UCorsair
    started a topic Pribaltyiskaya Naval Base?

Pribaltyiskaya Naval Base?

Hello folks, been off the forum forever. Life gets in the way of one deeper interests.
    Can anyone tell me where Pribaltyiskaya Naval Base is located? It is referenced in regard to the Baltic Fleets pull back in the face of Barbarossa, but I can't find a modern name/location attached to it.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X